Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

WZA wrote:Makes me feel vindicated now when I said he was going to put up WR1 numbers someday and our old friend The Oracle went on a tirade about how wrong (and of course how much of an idiot I was and everyone was) for saying that.

Somewhere Oracle is on a different dynasty forum talking about how awesome Josh Gordon is...

For your reading enjoyment if you get bored...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36318&hilit=Josh+Gordon
Ha. Good old oracle. Definitely not the friendliest poster we've ever had but he kept things interesting.

We'll still get the Blackmon/Bryant/Gordon trolls who can't put up with anyone with an ounce of character concern. I just can't believe this kid is going to jump into the top ten after missing two weeks and putting up with Hoyer/Weeden/Campbell. One of this most impressive feats I have seen in a long time.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 am

Is there any other player that is as casually explosive as Gordon? He caught a 44 yard deep ball yesterday and looked like he was jogging while Ike Taylor looked like he was going to snap a hammy trying to catch up.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:52 am

He is very smooth.

Lets be honest even Megatron posts dud performances. AJG/Dez have been inconsistent as well. Julio looked like he was going to be just as consistent as Megatron (with a lower ceiling each week). Outside of these studs Gordon is slowly creeping up. His ceiling is extremely high any given week and the floor isn't much lower than any other super stud (AJG Dez etc)

Just imagine if the browns get a QB.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:55 am

After week 1 I had an offer of Gordon and Ty Hilton for Jordy Nelson. Oh well..
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:29 am

I'm just going to say it. I think Gordon can put up comparable numbers to Julio, Dez, and AJ. If he gets a QB, he will be in a lot of top 4 conversations. One area I would like to see developed more is his jump ball/redzone ability. His tds tend to be more of the "from far out" variety (yesterday not included). Despite his high yards per catch average, he is far from a one trick pony. He is so young and still has plenty of time to grow as a receiver. The offense is perfect for his skill set and as many pointed out, he is doing all of this with SCRUBS at qb. Fitzgerald couldnt even overcome that...
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 am

georg013 wrote:I'm just going to say it. I think Gordon can put up comparable numbers to Julio, Dez, and AJ. If he gets a QB, he will be in a lot of top 4 conversations. One area I would like to see developed more is his jump ball/redzone ability. His tds tend to be more of the "from far out" variety (yesterday not included). Despite his high yards per catch average, he is far from a one trick pony. He is so young and still has plenty of time to grow as a receiver. The offense is perfect for his skill set and as many pointed out, he is doing all of this with SCRUBS at qb. Fitzgerald couldnt even overcome that...
I was reading the posts, & was going to mention how Fitz has struggled with poor qb play. This kid is amazing. Please please stay off the drank. Is there another wr with >3 years experience you'd rather have? It's a shame Hoyer got hurt, that Cleveland team would be scary

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 am

Am I the only one who WOULDN'T trade Gordon straight up for Harvin, Cobb, or even Demaryius (whom I think will come back to earth when Peyton leaves)?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 am

Gordon has more points that Dez (Non PPR) and he has missed 2 weeks. You don't have to say anything because the numbers are right there.

To be fair though. Gordon does get a good chunk of yardage in prevent defenses.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Is there any other player that is as casually explosive as Gordon? He caught a 44 yard deep ball yesterday and looked like he was jogging while Ike Taylor looked like he was going to snap a hammy trying to catch up.

Not only that but he had like 60 yards at halftime, and maybe 13 points in a ppr league so I'm thinking ok, solid game. Then I checked game center later and he had exploded for 200+ yards and 40+ points in fantasy. He accumulated all those stats mostly in 2 quarters with Brandon Weeden. I'm so glad he didn't get traded, whoever they draft at QB is going to be an upgrade for him. I have to find a way to start him down the stretch for my team in sig and I think I'm gonna bench AJG during the playoffs in favor of him.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Chris_R wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Is there any other player that is as casually explosive as Gordon? He caught a 44 yard deep ball yesterday and looked like he was jogging while Ike Taylor looked like he was going to snap a hammy trying to catch up.

Not only that but he had like 60 yards at halftime, and maybe 13 points in a ppr league so I'm thinking ok, solid game. Then I checked game center later and he had exploded for 200+ yards and 40+ points in fantasy. He accumulated all those stats mostly in 2 quarters with Brandon Weeden. I'm so glad he didn't get traded, whoever they draft at QB is going to be an upgrade for him. I have to find a way to start him down the stretch for my team in sig and I think I'm gonna bench AJG during the playoffs in favor of him.
I'm with you on the no trade being a good thing. He's a perfect fit in norvs O. Imagine this kid with a difference maker at QB? Good lord.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 pm

LOL
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Chris_R wrote:Not only that but he had like 60 yards at halftime, and maybe 13 points in a ppr league so I'm thinking ok, solid game. Then I checked game center later and he had exploded for 200+ yards and 40+ points in fantasy. He accumulated all those stats mostly in 7.5 minutes of garbage time with Brandon Weeden.
Fixed. I started Gordon and am thrilled with the stat line, but I'm not benching AJ Green because of it.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:48 pm

balaberda wrote:He is very smooth.

Lets be honest even Megatron posts dud performances. AJG/Dez have been inconsistent as well. Julio looked like he was going to be just as consistent as Megatron (with a lower ceiling each week). Outside of these studs Gordon is slowly creeping up. His ceiling is extremely high any given week and the floor isn't much lower than any other super stud (AJG Dez etc)

Just imagine if the browns get a QB.

Right now Gordon is #2 in points per game for WRs in our league behind only Calvin Johnson and his potentially historic season. He has accomplished this after a very limited college career and only 25 NFL games of catching passes from the fearsome triumvirate of Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, and Brian Hoyer. It is worth mentioning that there were scouts/front-office people who considered him a 'Randy Moss-type talent' prior to be drafted. If he is serious about applying his talent and continues to refine his game(as mentioned earlier, he is still extremely young), I don't think it is unreasonable to say he has a chance to be the top WR in the league at some point in the future.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:29 pm

In 2/3 years Calvin will start his decline and probably even sooner depending on his injuries. He is a warrior who plays through a lot and the decline is coming (when who knows).

Until this decline happens then there are a bunch of people who by then may be the top of them all. Gordon just needs to be in that conversation. There are ifs and buts but there are only a select handful of guys you can say that about and he seems to be on the list.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:26 pm

georg013 wrote:I'm just going to say it. I think Gordon can put up comparable numbers to Julio, Dez, and AJ. If he gets a QB, he will be in a lot of top 4 conversations. One area I would like to see developed more is his jump ball/redzone ability. His tds tend to be more of the "from far out" variety (yesterday not included). Despite his high yards per catch average, he is far from a one trick pony. He is so young and still has plenty of time to grow as a receiver. The offense is perfect for his skill set and as many pointed out, he is doing all of this with SCRUBS at qb. Fitzgerald couldnt even overcome that...
Nailed it on the end zone skills point. This is something I really like to emphasize. The 1-yard TD yesterday was a good sign in this area.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks