Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Chris_R » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am

He could have been a hero if he made that 2nd TD grab, and after a few weeks I think it's fair to say way too many people have been killing Weeden. Dude isn't going to be Drew Brees, but he's really accurate and majority of his deep balls are right on the button. I don't think he's an up and coming star but I certainly don't think it's fair to say he'll hold any of the skill position players back there.
Last edited by Chris_R on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 am

WZA wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Almost had a 2nd td but dropped it.
Yeah, the game announcers blamed it on the sun.
To be fair they said it was because he was moving from the shadows to the sun. If you have played baseball, you would know it is really hard to track a ball when moving from shadows to sun. It is the same effect of walking out of a darker room to outside where the sun is shining bright. (to a lesser degree) It is hard to see at first.

With all that said, it still hit him in the hands. Most likely cost the game.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

The light definitely comes into play right as the ball is getting there.
Attachments
GordonDrop.jpg
GordonDrop.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 261 times
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Gordon continues to impress me. The first td was a highlight reel body contortion with control and then on the drop he got behind the defense once again. This kid has future star written all over him at this point. I am always glad to hear from those who see things differently.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 am

I may start him with AJG on a bye, which means his TD streak is most certainly over. Sorry guys. :silent:

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Josh Gordon

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

What are you thoughts on this young buck? Looks like he's locking in, if he hasnt already as the future #1 for the Browns. I'm pretty happy with his progress this year and at times he makes things look so smooth.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

The thing I'm looking for is more volume, more diverse routes, etc. This last game, not the game where he caught 2 bombs, was the most encouraging for me.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 am

Very encouraging that he looks this good with so much time after football. I traded a future 1st for him in numerous leagues when people were saying he was just all hype but I bought into the upside, along with what I was seeing in the upcoming class and I couldn't be happier. A full off-season should do him good, though a sophmore slump certainly isn't out of the question he looks like he's starting to round himself into a player.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 am

Brandon Weeden said rookie WR Josh Gordon has "made strides throughout this year that I've never seen in any sport a player make so fast."

Gordon has gone from raw supplemental draft pick to No. 1 wideout. Over the last three weeks, he's shown more signs of being a complete receiver while averaging 5.0 catches for 76.3 yards and scoring one touchdown. "He's been kinda tapping on the window waiting to break out," Weeden said. "I've got so much confidence in the guy."

Arrow is pointing up.... I think I may start him this week ahead of Maclin and Stevie Johnson as my #3 wr behind Julio and Cobb.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ravens4life20 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm

love what I am hearing, I picked up the Kid (for $1) in both of my dynasty's after seeing a couple little samples of game tape and one back yard throwing session on youtube, saw how smooth he was out of his break and liked his size/speed combination...now he is really working to become a professional...this off season will be HUGE if he works at his route tree...
QB:Kaepernick, Flacco, Vick
RB:TRich, Martin, E.Lacy, B.Pierce, D.Williams--Taxi squad: DRich, I.Pead
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson
TE:J.Graham, J.Cameron, O.Daniels

DE:Wilkerson, Liuget, C.Johnson
LB:Wagner, S.Lee, Timmons, Beason, D.Smith--Taxi squad:A.Ogletree
DB:TJ Ward, H.Smith, L.Webb

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:19 pm

It's easy to forget that he did not play for over a year prior to entering the league and he is only 21 years old. I remember there were rumors of his forty time being in the 4.3s at Baylor although he ran a 4.52 at his pro day. He seems to play faster than 4.52. In any case, he has been getting behind secondaries all season. With TRich in the Browns' backfield, defenses will have to respect the run for years to come. If Gordon can develop his route running, I believe his potential is very high.

Dynasty Guru
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dynasty Guru » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 pm

I like his talent and speed, his reception total is very low however if you play in PPR leagues. I also worry that he may be boom or bust sometimes, scoring huge totals one week and very little the next
Guru
QuestFFL.com

jamesidp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jamesidp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm

I like Josh Gordon a lot. He has a lot of the physical skills and has progressed as a WR who only ran the 9 route to starting and running better more complex routes. He is arguably the best WR on the Browns right now. However, the Browns are not a good offense so that limits his upside. Also, he is not the WR Julio Jones and A.J. Green are so you should not expect a huge leap next year and might regress. At worst I see him as a talent on the level of Mike Williams (~WR 35-40) but at best if he continues to develop could be ~10 WR like Demaryius Thomas.
16 Team IDP, PPR, QB-Flex, 4 Rd Rookie/FA Draft
Start: QB, 2 RB, RB/WR, 2 WR, WR/TE, TE, OP, DST, K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, DP
QB: Luck, Vick, Foles
RB: Charles, Spiller, Hillman, K. Hunter, L. James, M. Ingram, M. Lattimore ,
WR: A.J. Green, Fitzgerald, J. Gordon (SUSP), M. Floyd (AZ), D. Hopkins, M. Wheaton
TE: Graham, T. Kelce, J. Fauria, T. Thompson
DL: Ninkovich, JPP
LB: S. Lee, P. Riley, K. Alonso
DB: Berry, Mathieu
2014: 1.10, 1,11, 3.10, 3.14

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 pm

I should stay out of this one. On the last Josh Gordon thread I got blasted for saying he has WR1 upside. Which I still believe.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:45 pm

WZA wrote:I should stay out of this one. On the last Josh Gordon thread I got blasted for saying he has WR1 upside. Which I still believe.
Since Week 5, he is WR20 in PPG in my standard PPR league. This is as a 21 year old, having not played football in a year, jumping right to the NFL, and with a rookie QB. I DEFINITELY believe that he has WR1 upside.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke