Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon Suspended 2 games

Postby Chris_R » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Torrey Smith had a higher ADP before the suspension. Not to call you out, just interesting.

If you look below Gordon's ADP you see: Colston, Hilton, Wayne, Maclin, Stevie, Cordarrelle, Jennings, Britt, Shorts, Hopkins, DeSean, Wright. I think (edit)5 or 6 of those are good names to offer if you want to take a shot on Gordon.

I tried Maclin pre-suspension + a 4th and it was declined, thinking I may re-send it just in case. Though if you are relying on Gordon as a starter with little depth it's a different story then having him as a WR4 and enjoying any upside that you get.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

How Dumb is Josh Gordon? Not Rhetorical.

Postby hamburglar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am

I just made a deal wherein he was the secondary piece. and am reading that he's one failed drug test away from a 1 year suspension?

So how dumb is he? Is he one of those where its just a matter of time because he's need to hit that OG Kush? I prefer Blue Dream myself-- I can't smoke that couch lock retard stuff --no intended offense to actual people with mental disabilities.

The dude just got in the league and he's on deck for the next screw up to be a one year suspension?!?!? Sh@t, why didn't I just trade for Aaron Hernandez too?

So will those more familiar with Josh weigh in? Do you expect him to get his sh@t together or lose a year? I mean even Dez isn't that bad is he?

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: How Dumb is Josh Gordon? Not Rhetorical.

Postby ManuManu » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

hamburglar wrote:I just made a deal wherein he was the secondary piece. and am reading that he's one failed drug test away from a 1 year suspension?

So how dumb is he? Is he one of those where its just a matter of time because he's need to hit that OG Kush? I prefer Blue Dream myself-- I can't smoke that couch lock retard stuff --no intended offense to actual people with mental disabilities.

The dude just got in the league and he's on deck for the next screw up to be a one year suspension?!?!? Sh@t, why didn't I just trade for Aaron Hernandez too?

So will those more familiar with Josh weigh in? Do you expect him to get his sh@t together or lose a year? I mean even Dez isn't that bad is he?
He failed a number of drug tests in college, so I wouldn't get my hopes too high that he figures it out. That being said, I'd love to have him on my team, but the guy who owns him in my league won't trade him at a discount.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:01 am

I'm sorry, but there was a thread about this a couple weeks ago.

These repeat threads are becoming far too common.

There is a search option on this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49280&hilit=Josh+Gordon

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 am

I tuned out when you went weed snob.

RonW15
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RonW15 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 pm

He is VERY dumb.... he has failed 5 drug tests total and he owns a camouflage car
12 Team 20 man Roster PPR League
QBs R. Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker
RBs A. Morris, Hunter, R. Williams
WRs AJ Green, D. Thomas, V. Jackson, V. Brown, K. Wright, Givens, A.J. Jenkins, Kerley, Quick, T.Young
TEs Fleener, Gonzalez
PK Barth
DEF Jets
2009 Champion, 2011 Champion, 2012 Runner Up

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:28 pm

He's pretty dumb. Just last week he tweeted that he'll be in the Heat's championship float. Why piss off your location of employment like that?

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:12 pm

hamburglar wrote:I just made a deal wherein he was the secondary piece. and am reading that he's one failed drug test away from a 1 year suspension?

Because there is a difference between smoking pot and MURDER! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Spinkso wrote:I tuned out when you went weed snob.
Heh... I suppose I'm just a spoiled Los Angelino... but Blue Dream is a super common and popular sativa and this dude at my local dispensary just wont keep it in stock. In the city of LA there are more dispensaries than Starbucks.

I'm just saying-- I'm not down with paying Julio Jones prices for Greg Little product!

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:18 pm

joeday wrote:

Because there is a difference between smoking pot and MURDER! lol
Yeah but just a tiny difference tho... j/k. :ugeek:

Euclid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Euclid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am

24 on the wonderlic

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am

From what I've learned discussing wonderlic on this forum -- those scores have since lost a lot of meaning/significance to me.

Euclid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Euclid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:26 pm

hamburglar wrote:From what I've learned discussing wonderlic on this forum -- those scores have since lost a lot of meaning/significance to me.

They measure how good you are at taking tests of little importance, so there's that.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

I still don't understand the NFL's program and how it works. Pead was suspended 1 game, Brazill was suspended for 4 games, Josh Gordon was suspended 2 and he was supposedly further along then anyone else. I just really don't know what the protocol is, just always seemed to me that if Gordon was so close to being suspended for a year that this one would have been 4 or 6 games. Still also very unsure how he could be further along in the program then Kenny Britt is and I've lost track of his arrest.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm reading that Gordon's been hanging in South Beach doing the Young Money/Miami Heat tour -- and codeine is indeed part of that whole purple drank culture... I'm a little concerned now to be honest.