Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What would you trade for Gordon (Love and Hate)

Postby joeday » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

balaberda wrote:I missed the playoffs and people in my league overvalue first round picks so bad. I was looking to trade Gordon for a similar WR and a few first round picks from a contender.

I would then use my 3 first round picks next year to beef up my team even further. I am just trying to gauge his value.
Does your lg allow trading this late? If mine did and I was out of the playoffs and the Julio owner was in it, I would offer him Gordon for Julio and a 1st. I think that would be great value for you and help him make a run. Thats the type of deals I would be looking for.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:42 pm

joeday wrote:
balaberda wrote:I missed the playoffs and people in my league overvalue first round picks so bad. I was looking to trade Gordon for a similar WR and a few first round picks from a contender.

I would then use my 3 first round picks next year to beef up my team even further. I am just trying to gauge his value.
Does your lg allow trading this late? If mine did and I was out of the playoffs and the Julio owner was in it, I would offer him Gordon for Julio and a 1st. I think that would be great value for you and help him make a run. Thats the type of deals I would be looking for.
I'm pro Gordon all day, & I'd even take Julio + 1st for him I think. That's a lot to give up. See them more equal, just first is just gravy

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Dingram wrote:
joeday wrote:

I'm pro Gordon all day, & I'd even take Julio + 1st for him I think. That's a lot to give up. See them more equal, just first is just gravy
I completely agree its a lot to give up, and if I owned Julio and someone offered me that I would LOL to their face haha...my point here is saying that Gordons current production plus the hype around him (talk of him possibly being the WR2 overall after Calvin) makes this the prime time for that type of offer to be taken seriously.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Dingram wrote:
joeday wrote:

If you view them as truly equal going forward, a (presumably) late first is a small price to pay to get Gordon's production for the playoffs this year.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Depends on how much a person values rosterbating over their roster or winning championships. Most owners I think like rosterbaiting.

If you are a strong contender, made the playoffs, and have a top 5 wr on the IR like Cobb or Julio for example, and your league still allows trades - I don't see any reason why someone wouldn't give up a late 1st and an similarly / closely ranked player to win a championship. To turn it down and to miss out on a championship to me defeats the purpose a little bit. All my leagues trade deadlines have passed.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes we allow trading which is why I am trying to shop him. I am trying to make a contender overpay and by this time next year a guy like Cruz and Gordon will be reasonably close in production if it means I can load up on firsts to make future deals (and minimize the risk a bit)

I have Julio already or I would be all over that situation haha.
Also thinking of offering Gordon for Jordan Reed and like 3 firsts (there is a guy that has a ton)

bill
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bill » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 am

Was offered garçon, VJack, and 2 2nds for him last night. Instant reject.
12 team non-ppr, 4 pts passing TD, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE flex, 20 position players(non K, DST) roster spots

QB- Allen, Wilson
RB- Hall, Hunt, Sanders, Dobbins, Edmonds, Gainwell, Foreman
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, K. Allen, Julio, Diontae J, Sutton, Samuel, J Williams
TE-Gesicki, Smith

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 am

bill wrote:Was offered garçon, VJack, and 2 2nds for him last night. Instant reject.
As long as you also wouldnt take that offer for AJG, Dez, Julio or Dem
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby henry1jg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Dingram wrote:
henry1jg wrote:
nation31 wrote:Until he get suspended again................
Mhmmmm. Personally, if I had Josh Gordon, and I could sell him for top 5 WR value (which after reading this thread, and seeing early top 10 lists, MANY value him as such right now) I would milk this cow for all its worth. I understand that this is not the popular opinion at the moment, but this is exactly what I would do. Gordon is playing out of his mind right now, his value will never be higher than it is now. I am not at all the 'I told you so' type, I just view this the way I would view a stock. Gordon is a highly valuable, albeit highly volatile asset. You could very easily sell him and recieve a very nice prospect & multiple 1st round picks, or many other variations of valuable commodities. After seeing the unthinkable happen with Blackmon, I wouldn't be willing to play roulette with my team. I advise all of you to cash in your chips right now. Even if he never gets suspended, you are still going to get a huge return. Gordon will not be in my personal top 10 WR rankings, there is just wayyy too much risk for me here.
Just waiting for Henry to chime in. Been keeping up on this post, and always laugh to myself when I read Henry's comments to sell sell sell. So you still want to keep him out of your top10? Risk or not, he should & will be in the top 6 at worst ranking. Rightfully so. No need to beat a dead horse, it's already been said. Absolute monster. What would it take for someone to sell? All the guys listed above him have questions. Julio has been developing a injury history that is starting to look scary. I love Dez, but he seems to disappear at times. What's DT gonna be sans Manning? AJG is safe option, although I feel Dalton actually holds him back at times. The arguement could be made for him to be at #2 at this point.
Alright, I've held off for a few days here to let the whole room cool back down after Gordon's historic last two weeks. First and foremost, I do not doubt Gordon's talent. I don't know how anyone could at this point. I bought Gordon in a deal in the offseason, trading the 1.01 for Gordon and Mathews, so I've longed believed in the talent. I did read the article about why Gordon's next suspension may not be a year. At this point, the whole thing is speculation, so I will just continue to go with what Gordon said, when he said "I think that's what it is, I believe so." Same as you or anyone else, I don't know what the discipline would be, because we are discussing information that is confidential. I stand by my earlier statements, but I was wrong about his value. I thought his value was as high as it could possibly be before last week, instead his value is even higher right now. If I had Gordon, and I could swap him for a Calvin, AJG, Dez, DT, Julio, or Cobb, I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm sticking to my guns here, I think Gordon is a sell due to the reasoning above.
WZA wrote:I feel like all I ever read on this forum is "Sell now. His value will never be higher."

Whatever happened to holding onto great players? Every thread is sell, sell, sell.
I invite you to look through my previous posts, I actually did myself to see just how much I advise people to sell players. I typically do not jump on the sell, sell, sell bandwagon, and honestly, until the Blackmon suspension and subsequent complete loss of value, I wasn't on the sell Gordon bandwagon. But, as I said earlier, I think the reward of trading Gordon is greater than the reward of keeping him.

Look, hes been ridiculous, and hes single handedly brought one of my redraft teams back from the dead. As a guy who owns players such as Gore, Fitz, Reggie Wayne, & Andre Johnson in my main dynasty leagues (not too mention most of my defenseive players are 30+), I am trying to do my best to balance aging production and high upside youth. But right now Gordon is a guy that you could ship out for 3-4 great pieces. He is a rebuild teams wet dream. A team in full on rebuild could keep Gordon, and assuming he continnues his stellar play and stays out of trouble, it looks as though they have a WR1 on their hands for a long time. But, if he does mess up again, that team is screwed. If they trade him, they could accelerate their rebuild by at least a year, maybe two. If I'm a middle of the road team, I'm still selling for multiple assets. However, if you're a contender, and Gordon is your WR3/Flex, I completely undersatnd not trading him. He is an amazing advantage right now, one that may win a lot of teams fantasy championships, if he is able to keep a similar pace to this.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Henry...

Wasn't calling you out specifically. Just making a general comment about DLF. Every time some young guy starts to impress, the SELL SELL SELL comments flood the forum.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 pm

WZA wrote:Henry...

Wasn't calling you out specifically. Just making a general comment about DLF. Every time some young guy starts to impress, the SELL SELL SELL comments flood the forum.
No offense taken. It actually made me go back & look to see who I thought to sell. I'm glad I sold Arian. Lol
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Just got sent a message today, guy offered Dez, and Fitz for Gordon. For REBUILD team in SIG. Would this be considered capitalizing on the hype? I might have to give another player back. But he said he would think about it. I know he likes Hunter, but I do too. What do you guys think?
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 pm

dawgs4life wrote:Just got sent a message today, guy offered Dez, and Fitz for Gordon. For REBUILD team in SIG. Would this be considered capitalizing on the hype? I might have to give another player back. But he said he would think about it. I know he likes Hunter, but I do too. What do you guys think?
Jesus yes! If you get a player that I consider above Gordon (and I would say must at least think equal or close to Gordon) plus a player like Fitz...that's stealing.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:38 pm

dawgs4life wrote:Just got sent a message today, guy offered Dez, and Fitz for Gordon. For REBUILD team in SIG. Would this be considered capitalizing on the hype? I might have to give another player back. But he said he would think about it. I know he likes Hunter, but I do too. What do you guys think?
Hah. Yeah, accept. That's Gordon without any risk + some.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hell yes it is. Take it and don't look back. If you are a rebuild team take Fitz and turn him into something valuable as well. Whatever he can bring you is a bonus.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)