Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby wingnutty » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 pm

It is crazy that he is so young. I will admit that I am still fairly concerned about longevity due to his off-field issues, but his talent is to big to ignore. If he does get his stuff together, those of us who scooped him up could be reaping the benefits for, literally, a decade or more to come though. Time will tell...

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 pm

wingnutty wrote:It is crazy that he is so young. I will admit that I am still fairly concerned about longevity due to his off-field issues, but his talent is to big to ignore. If he does get his stuff together, those of us who scooped him up could be reaping the benefits for, literally, a decade or more to come though. Time will tell...
An article is out explaining that his "automatic one year suspension" may likely be a myth.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/10/29 ... n-long-ban
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 pm

sct wrote:
wingnutty wrote:It is crazy that he is so young. I will admit that I am still fairly concerned about longevity due to his off-field issues, but his talent is to big to ignore. If he does get his stuff together, those of us who scooped him up could be reaping the benefits for, literally, a decade or more to come though. Time will tell...
An article is out explaining that his "automatic one year suspension" may likely be a myth.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/10/29 ... n-long-ban

This is very interesting. Thank you for posting. I wonder why none of the national sports media have picked up on this and at least looked into it further. I have always wondered why the NFL did reduce his suspension from 4 to 2 games. As the author stated, that is not easy to do. So Gordon may have been placed into Stage 2 upon entering the league based on his past behavior without ever testing positive on an NFL test. Then this past off-season he tested positive for codeine which resulted in the supension to begin this season. In other words, it is very possible Gordon has never tested positive for marijuana by the NFL and if he stays clean for 24 months from the date of the positive test for codeine, he would be removed from Stage 2. Once a player enters stage 3, it is permanent as I understand the guidelines of the program so the difference to Gordon(and fantasy owners) would be signifigant.
Last edited by dm1129 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

AU6294TX
Starter
Starter

Postby AU6294TX » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 am

I picked him up for a dollar in FA money after our startup draft last year. Him and Julius Thomas have been my best FA pickups for a dollar
Standard scoring league
6 pt td
.5 ppr
.1 per yard
Year 2
25 keeper league
10 team league
Palmer Gurley Parts Finished 10-4 and 3rd place in 2015
qb- Palmer, Prescott, Trubisky
HB- Gurley, Miller, Howard, CJ Anderson, Vereen, McKinnon, Rawls, Rodgers, Collins, Burkhead, Charles
WR- Julio, Hopkins, M. Thomas, DJax, Maclin, M. Bryant, Ty. Williams, Floyd, Gordon, R. Anderson, T. Taylor, C. Samuel, T. McBride, D. Westbrook
TE Griffin, Kroft
K- Elliott

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:57 am

Are we all in consensus that he is worth a lot more than 1.01 next year? Even with his character issues?

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 am

balaberda wrote:Are we all in consensus that he is worth a lot more than 1.01 next year? Even with his character issues?
Definitely.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am

balaberda wrote:Are we all in consensus that he is worth a lot more than 1.01 next year? Even with his character issues?
Absolutely. You can't predict off field stuff and injury. You also can't predict if that 1.01 pick or any other pick for that matter will produce a productive player (see T-Rich, j/k sort of). Based on his production and the fact he's roughly going to be in the same tier age wise as this years class makes him absolutely more valuable then any pick in the draft.

Would you trade Julio or AJG for the 1.1? What else do you need to see? Produces with avg QB (3 different QBs actually) play so I think its a fair assumption if the QB gets upgraded it helps. Monster target numbers, 6'4 200 plus pounds. Great in PPR and non PPR.

I think there is some sort of stigma attached with him being a "supplemental" pick. He was a high 2nd rd pick.

I said before I think he has everything on his side to be a cornerstone dynasty player to own and build your WR core with.

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 am

Got Gordon and two firsts (both pretty late in '13 and '14) for Mike Wallace and Daryl Richardson. Tough to say who won that deal.
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 am

Hmmm, I'd say you won that deal. Wallace is what I (and many others) thought he was - a one trick pony who is quite inconsistent and D.Richardson is currently a player with out a defined role. Gordon even with his perceived risk - is worth more than both those two alone. You basically got two free 1st round picks.

Wow.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Really hoping Ken M updates his WR rankings for this site.

He has Gordon as 24th and Blackmon at 6th. Clearly these haven't been updated in a while. Once he does Gordon will be 7th right behind Marshall and maybe ahead of him.

Crazy!

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:14 am

I grabbed Gordon in both redraft leagues I'm in this year, but I couldn't pry him from his owner in my dynasty league. I was throwing everything I could think of at him. Never getting him now ...

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 am

Until he get suspended again................

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:11 am

nation31 wrote:Until he get suspended again................
Mhmmmm. Personally, if I had Josh Gordon, and I could sell him for top 5 WR value (which after reading this thread, and seeing early top 10 lists, MANY value him as such right now) I would milk this cow for all its worth. I understand that this is not the popular opinion at the moment, but this is exactly what I would do. Gordon is playing out of his mind right now, his value will never be higher than it is now. I am not at all the 'I told you so' type, I just view this the way I would view a stock. Gordon is a highly valuable, albeit highly volatile asset. You could very easily sell him and recieve a very nice prospect & multiple 1st round picks, or many other variations of valuable commodities. After seeing the unthinkable happen with Blackmon, I wouldn't be willing to play roulette with my team. I advise all of you to cash in your chips right now. Even if he never gets suspended, you are still going to get a huge return. Gordon will not be in my personal top 10 WR rankings, there is just wayyy too much risk for me here.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:28 am

If you are bent on selling, which I'm not, I would wait until the NFL draft to do it. When the Browns draft their QB of the future, both Gordon and Cameron's value is going to shoot even higher with the fact everyone is ALREADY imagining how good they would be with a legit QB.

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01 pm

I 100% agree with Henry here. I dont think his value could go any higher than it is now? If trade deadlines arent reached yet and I owned Gordon--I would be trying to shop him hard--I would be trying to go after Julio---thinking that a Julio owner (if in contention) might be desperate enough to pull the trigger straight up for Gordon.