Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm

joshb wrote:Has Gordon shown himself to be a redzone threat? It seems like almost all his td's are long.
One of his 8 tds was within the 10 on a fade in the corner of the end zone.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm

stapel0 wrote:
Chris_R wrote:I used to be worried about Andre Johnsons' knees, but I won't make that mistake again about an elite athlete. Off the top of my head Andre had a lot of knee issues at different times in his career, but he still looks like exactly the same player he was at 22 years old.
Meh, Andre is still great, but he is not quite as speedy as he was...

Does it really matter if he is able to get 10+ catches and 200+ yards a game?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:25 pm

No he wont keep cashing in on 80 yard touchdown week in and out, but consider this for a minute, he had 6 tds last year and i dont think 1 of them went for less than 30 yards. Follow that up with his 8 tds this year and only 1 has come from less than 20 yards again. He has proven the big play is part of his game, he will continue to blow the top off defences with his vertical speed and can also take a 5 yard slant 80 yards with his run after catch ability. Another off season of learning how to use his body on goaline jump balls and a better more acurate qb tossing him the ball and i have NO ON FIELD worries about Josh Gordon and his production.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am

KingsKing wrote:No he wont keep cashing in on 80 yard touchdown week in and out, but consider this for a minute, he had 6 tds last year and i dont think 1 of them went for less than 30 yards. Follow that up with his 8 tds this year and only 1 has come from less than 20 yards again. He has proven the big play is part of his game, he will continue to blow the top off defences with his vertical speed and can also take a 5 yard slant 80 yards with his run after catch ability. Another off season of learning how to use his body on goaline jump balls and a better more acurate qb tossing him the ball and i have NO ON FIELD worries about Josh Gordon and his production.
I agree.

But for reference purposes: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... ouchdowns/
pro-football-reference.com has a page for each player and a separate breakdown for touchdowns so you can get an easy look at TD distances and stuff.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 am

KingsKing wrote:No he wont keep cashing in on 80 yard touchdown week in and out, but consider this for a minute, he had 6 tds last year and i dont think 1 of them went for less than 30 yards. Follow that up with his 8 tds this year and only 1 has come from less than 20 yards again. He has proven the big play is part of his game, he will continue to blow the top off defences with his vertical speed and can also take a 5 yard slant 80 yards with his run after catch ability. Another off season of learning how to use his body on goaline jump balls and a better more acurate qb tossing him the ball and i have NO ON FIELD worries about Josh Gordon and his production.
Nor do I
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Not taking anything away from Gordon at all but just a reminder that Calvin sat out one game this year and was limited by his knee the week before/after.

Not a Calvin vs Gordon thought but just Gordon missed two games which in today's NFL isn't too crazy of a normal season considering concussions and other injuries that limit participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Raven_Lunatics wrote:Not taking anything away from Gordon at all but just a reminder that Calvin sat out one game this year and was limited by his knee the week before/after.

Not a Calvin vs Gordon thought but just Gordon missed two games which in today's NFL isn't too crazy of a normal season considering concussions and other injuries that limit participation.

What exactly is your point?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:49 pm

WZA wrote:
Raven_Lunatics wrote:Not taking anything away from Gordon at all but just a reminder that Calvin sat out one game this year and was limited by his knee the week before/after.

I'm not sure either. It does reinforce the fact that Gordon has performed at Megatron levels this season. Both essentially missed 2 games, and they're almost identical in PPR formats. Add that to the fact that no WR who's played every game this year has scored more than these two, and wow!
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 am

joeday wrote:
Nor do I
I don't think anyone does. I don't know how they could.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 am

You have to think outside of the box in regards to Gordon's situation.

The standard thought process of "He has a terrible QB on a terrible team, Imagine what he could do with a good QB" is not logical.

The truth is that having a terrible QB/team combo is actually a fantastic situation for a clear cut WR1 in terms of fantasy production

The browns are consistently playing from behind and throwing the ball a huge portion of the time.

Gordon enjoys a huge amount of targets and sometimes prevent coverage.

It was the same deal for Blackmon, everyone was so amazed he was producing with a bad QB, but it was actually a great situation.

This will be Gordon's best fantasy season of his career, lock it in.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:05 am

I agree with this 49ers but the Browns were in a lot of close games as well. Are some of his yards inflated absolutely but this type of thing happens to every team.

Megatron probably got a good amount of yardage in games where Detroit was being blown out.
I have had AJG and the Bengals are up by 30 so he never touches the ball.

These things do need to be taken into consideration but I think the Browns have made it close in enough games to suggest that not too many of his yards are inflated due to prevent defenses.

Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:45 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:
WZA wrote:

I'm not sure either. It does reinforce the fact that Gordon has performed at Megatron levels this season. Both essentially missed 2 games, and they're almost identical in PPR formats. Add that to the fact that no WR who's played every game this year has scored more than these two, and wow!
Exactly. I just was trying to bring up that Calvin also missed some time so they are neck and neck in points scored with similar opportunity. Both have QBs that know where to get their bread buttered.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:59 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:You have to think outside of the box in regards to Gordon's situation.

The standard thought process of "He has a terrible QB on a terrible team, Imagine what he could do with a good QB" is not logical.

The truth is that having a terrible QB/team combo is actually a fantastic situation for a clear cut WR1 in terms of fantasy production

The browns are consistently playing from behind and throwing the ball a huge portion of the time.

Gordon enjoys a huge amount of targets and sometimes prevent coverage.

It was the same deal for Blackmon, everyone was so amazed he was producing with a bad QB, but it was actually a great situation.

This will be Gordon's best fantasy season of his career, lock it in.
I think Larry Fitzgerald would disagree...

Gordon's targets are in line with other WR1s. I have seen on numerous occasions where he has been wide open and the Browns' QB could not get him the ball or their throw was simply off-target. The idea that he would not do better with a franchise QB instead of 3 different mediocre/poor QBs is borderline absurd.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I have to side with dm1129 on that one. Prevent defense? The Browns have been in quite a few games this year. Their defense has given some of the top receivers fits. They nearly beat the Patriots. Not too long ago they were GENIUSES for getting a first round pick AND remaining competitive. That doesn't fit. They throw the ball because that is the way the offense is designed. Just like Detroit, New Orleans, Denver...That won't change with the current regime in place. With a bonafide gun slinger in Cleveland, I expect Gordon's value to remain the same, maybe winning over a few haters...um.."people" who still have doubts. But I can't see it getting any higher than it already is. That would make him better than Megatron. No one is ready to accept that.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Are there any Gunslinger type of Qbs in this next year draft? Or will this offense just take the reigns off of a QB and try and develop them into a controlled Gunslinger.

I still think Hoyer gets a Chance.