Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:01 am

WZA wrote:Henry...

Wasn't calling you out specifically. Just making a general comment about DLF. Every time some young guy starts to impress, the SELL SELL SELL comments flood the forum.
Every time I see somebody even have a decent game people are all over trying to buy them.

This thread is more like a celebration for Gordon owners, so the slightest criticism won't be dealt with well I suppose.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:04 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
WZA wrote:Henry...

Wasn't calling you out specifically. Just making a general comment about DLF. Every time some young guy starts to impress, the SELL SELL SELL comments flood the forum.
Every time I see somebody even have a decent game people are all over trying to buy them.

This thread is more like a celebration for Gordon owners, so the slightest criticism won't be dealt with well I suppose.
Boy I'm gonna be excited when the Browns upgrade at QB and Gordon goes into his breakout 3rd year! :D

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:27 pm

dawgs4life wrote:Just got sent a message today, guy offered Dez, and Fitz for Gordon. For REBUILD team in SIG. Would this be considered capitalizing on the hype? I might have to give another player back. But he said he would think about it. I know he likes Hunter, but I do too. What do you guys think?
Yup easy accept, dez = Gordon = free Fitz

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:05 pm

I just hope the early success doesn't get to his head. I don't like the fact that he is mouthing off about Talib. The great ones let their play do the talking. Love him. Own him. Want to see him all grown up.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:23 pm

What has Gordon been saying?

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:10 pm

balaberda wrote:What has Gordon been saying?
Nothing bad anyways. The media takes a tidbit from an interview and spin one comment for traction. Gordon praised Talib and said he's a great player. Gordon said talib will make plays for his team, but he was (Gordon) gonna try to make more.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:49 pm

How good has Talib been this season? Thinking about benching Gordon for Larry Fitzgerald. Thoughts?

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am

georg013 wrote:How good has Talib been this season? Thinking about benching Gordon for Larry Fitzgerald. Thoughts?
He shut down Jimmy Graham...

You always start your studs. Roll with Gordon.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Watching this game and spotlighting the Gordon vs Talib matchup, Gordon is toasting him all over the field, if Campbell wasn't so useless Gordon would be having another monster day.

Edit: Gordon just took a slant 80 yards for a td lol

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:33 pm

I guess it's safe to say, if you had ANY doubts about this kid's dominance...put them to rest. Wow. Almost benched him for Fitz because I was worried. But I listened to WZA and started my stud. The snow in Philly is probably going to cost me a title this year, but I feel good knowing I have Gordon! Keep your head on straight kid!!!

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:35 pm

georg013 wrote:I guess it's safe to say, if you had ANY doubts about this kid's dominance...put them to rest. Wow. Almost benched him for Fitz because I was worried. But I listened to WZA and started my stud. The snow in Philly is probably going to cost me a title this year, but I feel good knowing I have Gordon! Keep your head on straight kid!!!
I dont think anyone is questioning his ability?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:37 pm

KingsKing wrote:Watching this game and spotlighting the Gordon vs Talib matchup, Gordon is toasting him all over the field, if Campbell wasn't so useless Gordon would be having another monster day.

Edit: Gordon just took a slant 80 yards for a td lol
Your point is still valid, he's been open all day. With a franchise QB, this guy would be unstoppable.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:28 pm

joeday wrote:
georg013 wrote:I guess it's safe to say, if you had ANY doubts about this kid's dominance...put them to rest. Wow. Almost benched him for Fitz because I was worried. But I listened to WZA and started my stud. The snow in Philly is probably going to cost me a title this year, but I feel good knowing I have Gordon! Keep your head on straight kid!!!
I dont think anyone is questioning his ability?
I was...not his ability as a good receiver, but his worthiness as being called superhuman. There was a lot of "matchup" proof talk. He's only done it for two weeks. Yada yada yada. But the stage that most are putting him on is beyond "good". I am one his biggest supporters but even I had a few remaining question marks. He was going up against a team that historically does well to scheme the best guys out. Furthermore, he was going up against one of the league's premier corners. (Last week it was because he played against inferior talent). He called his shot and delivered! With Campbell at QB. As WZA pointed out, the league's most valuable asset (Jimmy Graham) was SHUT DOWN by this very corner and defense. But I wasn't sure if he was truly "Megatron" special. After today's game, I have to say I am a full believer in this kid. What he has done is nothing short of remarkable. He's only in year two. He's never seeing the bench again. Period.

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Almost benched him today. Dude is ridiculous.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:23 pm

cool_zapp wrote:I just wanted to see where everybody seems to rate Josh Gordon. I was reading an article earlier that said he could be the next Dez Bryant. I know that's a tall order but what are everybody's thoughts on him and why?
Not sure about this anymore.

Wentz / Goff
Ertz / Henry