Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Postby Broncopain » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:19 am

Last edited by Broncopain on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Gordon Time!

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 am

Family league or not. That was an absolute moronic move. Why on earth would anyone trade a 22 year old promising wr with a clear shot at wr1 role AND a serviceable rb3 for a back up qb that has yet to prove anything? Was it the 2 week suspention that scared that owner? If so.... maybe a reminder that this is dynasty not redraft would help. Also... why the hell trade for a back up qb with Ponder's resume' before you have to? Seriously - this is a perfect example of one owner completely screwing over another owner that frankly must have either been drunk or is not prepared to be a dynasty owner. That is one of the most horrible / lopsided trades I've seen in a long time and I'm sure others in your "family" league likely didn't like it either.

YUK :sick:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:21 am

terryb24 wrote:I traded Christian Ponder for Josh Gordon and DeAngelo Williams week 1. Might be one of the best trades I ever made.
I wouldn't call that a "best trade", I'd say it's more like when Harry sold a dead bird to a blind kid in Dumb and Dumber

dlf_brucem
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dlf_brucem » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 am

I hope Gordon goes to a pass happy offense if he gets traded.
Follow Me on Twitter https://twitter.com/Bmatz08

My Dynasty Fantasy Football YouTube Channel [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFP5Q9 ... subscriber[/youtube]

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 am

Does a game like the one he had on Sunday alter the organizations desire to move him? How can any franchise move a player of his skill level? Is he THAT much of a headache? Apparently. When I see highlights of the kid, it always seems like he is WIDE open WAITING for the ball to get there. Scary.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 am

Then drops this little tidbit. LOL!

(KFFL)The Cleveland Browns have no plans to trade WR Josh Gordon, according to head coach Rob Chudzinski.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Anybody else hoping Josh Gordon DOESN'T get traded?

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

Am I the only one sorta hoping that Gordon stays in Cleveland, at least this year?

As of now, he and Cameron are the only half-decent weapons on the team. He saw 19 targets yesterday, and with the current state of the Browns, I'd be shocked if he doesn't average 10 targets/week this entire season.

The offense fits him perfectly. Gordon can take the top off a defense, and Chud/Norv want to push the ball down the field. System wise, there's not another team in the league that would fit him better.

I think a trade would really dampen his short-term value. I know we are all talking dynasty, but I'd like to rely on him as an upside WR 2 or 3 this year. A trade would likely take him 2-3 weeks to get him up to speed, then possibly another few weeks to develop chemistry with his new coach/QB/offense.

Obviously his long-term value would increase if he was catching the ball from a great QB like Brady, Kaepernick, or even Newton (all places that could use the WR help!). But as we witnessed yesterday, I'm not sure he'll need an elite QB to produce. We've seen guys like A.J. Green, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson all produce throughout the years with average or below-average QB play.

And to top it off, the Browns are clearly tanking this season to get themselves a true franchise QB. Could you imagine Gordon's value with a productive 2013 season with Brian Hoyer under center, when the Browns select someone like Teddy Bridgewater in next year's draft?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Anybody else hoping Josh Gordon DOESN'T get traded?

Postby DJB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:22 am

I think his value is solid regardless. IF and that's a big if, the Browns are able to get Bridgewater, then yes, he has top 10 potential. But I think Gordon also has top 10 potential if he goes somewhere else with a decent QB as well.

I am very interested in the Gordon scenario as I am a big believer in him and own him in all my leagues.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

No. First the Browns were likley putting Gordon on display this week in an attempt to increase his trade value. Another way to look at it, going forward opposing teams will definitely make Gordon the focus of their defensive game plan. I am hoping he is traded to a team with an already proven strong-armed QB......I don't see the Browns getting Bridgewater, and if by chance they did, there is no guarantee he will be any good.....

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 am

georg013 wrote:Does a game like the one he had on Sunday alter the organizations desire to move him? How can any franchise move a player of his skill level? Is he THAT much of a headache? Apparently. When I see highlights of the kid, it always seems like he is WIDE open WAITING for the ball to get there. Scary.
They are just doing everything they can to eliminate everything the previous administration did.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:46 am

Lotto4Life wrote:
georg013 wrote:Does a game like the one he had on Sunday alter the organizations desire to move him? How can any franchise move a player of his skill level? Is he THAT much of a headache? Apparently. When I see highlights of the kid, it always seems like he is WIDE open WAITING for the ball to get there. Scary.
They are just doing everything they can to eliminate everything the previous administration did.
I don't get this line of thinking though.

I get that a new regime wants their own coach, their own hand-picked QB. But it's unrealistic to turn over the entire 53-man roster. You just can't do it.

Why not at least hang onto some talent to help the rebuilding process out. Afterall, you can only really expect to add 7-10 decent players to your roster every year. It would literally take 5 years just to replace the old regime's 53-man roster.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

AmishPlaya
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AmishPlaya » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: I get that a new regime wants their own coach, their own hand-picked QB. But it's unrealistic to turn over the entire 53-man roster. You just can't do it.
Pete Carroll and John Schneider would like a word with you.
12 team PPR, QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex
QB: Russell Wilson, Tony Romo, Josh McCown
RB: Mark Ingram, Le'Veon Bell, Darren McFadden, Christine Michael, Tim Hightower, Karlos Williams, Damien Williams
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, Kevin White, Dorial Green-Beckham, Allen Hurns, Davante Adams, Marqise Lee, Brian Quick
TE: Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed

Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05

Creed's Assassin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Creed's Assassin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 pm

The Browns weren't "putting him on display" this week.

Anyone watching the game would know the Vikings, who have a suspect secondary to begin with, had THREE defensive backs get injured during the game. Gordon was going against the fourth and fifth corner for most of the game. Yes the dude is good, but it wasn't some master plan. The Vikings are miserable on defense right now, and I don't expect Hoyer or Weeden to become magically good now.

I don't own Gordon, but if I did I'd probably want him on another team with a better QB, which is almost any other team.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 pm

He coincidentally had his first career rushing attempt as well...yeah they weren't putting him on display...

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm hoping he gets traded to the team in my sig. Other than that, I don't give a crap what team he plays for so long as he keeps his head on straight.