Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 pm

I just saw "Cleveland shopping Gordon - Looking for a 2nd round pick" scroll across the bottom of the tv screen on the NFL network. What are they thinking? I have to believe that someone will be picking up Gordon within the next couple days. Where does he end up???
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:32 pm

JFever wrote:I just saw "Cleveland shopping Gordon - Looking for a 2nd round pick" scroll across the bottom of the tv screen on the NFL network. What are they thinking? I have to believe that someone will be picking up Gordon within the next couple days. Where does he end up???
I hope it's not true! I think his production will take a considerable hit. Gordon seems to have good chemistry with both Hoyer and Weeeden, and outside of Cameron there is virtually no competition for targets. I want him to stay in Cle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... osh-gordon

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns and 49ers have "discussed" a Josh Gordon trade, but that a deal is "unlikely."
Per Schefter, a deal is unlikely because Mario Manningham (knee) and Michael Crabtree (Achilles) are getting closer to returning, but we seriously doubt that would stand in the way of a trade if the 49ers were serious about acquiring one of the game's best young receivers. Cleveland's asking price and Gordon's off-the-field issues are the likely stumbling blocks. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Browns would like a second-round pick in return. Gordon's talent is worth a first-rounder, but that's not all that goes into the equation. If it were, the odds would be extremely low the Niners could find a player as good in the first round of next May's draft.

:wall:
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:03 am

DJB wrote:
JFever wrote:I just saw "Cleveland shopping Gordon - Looking for a 2nd round pick" scroll across the bottom of the tv screen on the NFL network. What are they thinking? I have to believe that someone will be picking up Gordon within the next couple days. Where does he end up???
I hope it's not true! I think his production will take a considerable hit. Gordon seems to have good chemistry with both Hoyer and Weeeden, and outside of Cameron there is virtually no competition for targets. I want him to stay in Cle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... osh-gordon

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns and 49ers have "discussed" a Josh Gordon trade, but that a deal is "unlikely."
Per Schefter, a deal is unlikely because Mario Manningham (knee) and Michael Crabtree (Achilles) are getting closer to returning, but we seriously doubt that would stand in the way of a trade if the 49ers were serious about acquiring one of the game's best young receivers. Cleveland's asking price and Gordon's off-the-field issues are the likely stumbling blocks. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Browns would like a second-round pick in return. Gordon's talent is worth a first-rounder, but that's not all that goes into the equation. If it were, the odds would be extremely low the Niners could find a player as good in the first round of next May's draft.

:wall:
I actually started a post a few weeks ago titled "Am I the only one that DOESN'T want Josh Gordon to be traded?"

But I must say, with Hoyer going down and Kaep struggling because of his (lack of) weapons, this is a perfect fit.

Gordon is super talented, and is a big, fast, down-field WR that Kaep sorely needs. It gets Gordon into a better offense, with a better QB - and he'd still be able to see a ton of targets. I know some would worry about Crabtree's return, but by then I'd assume Kaep & Gordon would develop some chemistry of their own, and Crab is no guarantee of returning this year - or at 100%.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:09 am

Hard to believe that is true but you never know. If that's the case, teams are really overvaluing their draft picks. Even with the problems, he has to be worth a first to me.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 am

Cleveland has to be asking for a first round pick. I simply cannot imagine there is not a team willing to give up a second for a first round talent and roll the dice with him.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Especially when the Niner's have 2. Or will have 2 when KC wins 3 more. Hell, if I'm the Niner's I'd give a 1st. The only thing missing from this team is a WR. What if Manningham comes back and is garbage? Same with Crabtree. It might take longer to recover than they thought, and by that time the deadline is over and you're stuck with Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams to complement Boldin. The fantasy owner in me wants him to be a target hog in Cleveland, but the Niner's fan in me says make the frigging deal Baalke!

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

For one I highly doubt he ends up there of all places. For 2, while I love the Cleveland fit there is no way I wouldn't be in love with him catching passes from Kaepernick and his cannon. That said, again we need to be careful what we wish for. The Niners are a running football team, and I know they can open it up but there is still a projection here. Projecting how the ball distribution goes between Vernon Davis, a healthy Crabtree, Gordon, and the running game is something nobody knows. I know what his production looks like in Cleveland and I couldn't be happier. I'm just going to hope he stays and Cleveland gets a half decent QB, my guess is he stays, they draft a QB, and let Hoyer play 2014 ahead of the 1st round QB.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:43 pm

EXCELLENT week for Mr. Gordon. Very pleased with his output today. Plugged him in last minute for Alshon 22 minutes before kickoff. Yes!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Gordon is a BALLER plain and simple. Has had 100 yard games with 3 different QBs, all who are average at best. Hes still a kid too which is scary to think about when you talk upside. Besides the off field stuff hes the epitome of a player you build around for dynasty football.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:56 pm

hot nikkels wrote:Gordon is a BALLER plain and simple. Has had 100 yard games with 3 different QBs, all who are average at best. Hes still a kid too which is scary to think about when you talk upside. Besides the off field stuff hes the epitome of a player you build around for dynasty football.
I really think people forget this fact. To put it into perspective, he's a month older than Justin Hunter and a month YOUNGER than Cordarelle Patterson.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:14 pm

I liked his attitude after the game. The record meant nothing because they lost the game. Maybe the kid is growing up a bit. Still prefer him over Blackmon and it was NEVER really close for me.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Kid's a stud, plain and simple. I watched Gordon get traded for Dobson/Little in one of my leagues this week and it made me want to puke.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Makes me feel vindicated now when I said he was going to put up WR1 numbers someday and our old friend The Oracle went on a tirade about how wrong (and of course how much of an idiot I was and everyone was) for saying that.

Somewhere Oracle is on a different dynasty forum talking about how awesome Josh Gordon is...

For your reading enjoyment if you get bored...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36318&hilit=Josh+Gordon

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm

I was not a believer for the longest time. Bought him this year and I am pretty happy with him next year as my WR3 behind Julio and AJ.

Worth the risk.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Dang near had a deal done that involved me dealing Gordon for Andre Brown and a late 2014 1st. I have a wr stable of AJG,Julio,Cobb,Crabtree,Jeffery,K.Wright,J.Hunter,R.Cooper,M.Brown,S.Hill,B.Quick,D.Rogers - along with Gordon - so I have the depth at wr and a need at rb for a playoff push... The other owner declined and countered with an Early 2nd along with Brown. I thought - hmmm - no way. I declined and re-offered the original and it sat there for a couple days. I revoked the trade prior to the kickoff of the game today then Gordon puts up 43.7 points. Nice. :dance:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.