Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Dingram wrote:[quote
Oh here we go again. Let me save everyone the time. JoeDay won't rank him in his top 8 because of a suspension risk. He thinks everyone who ranks him in he top 5 is crazy. He loves AJG. Anything else??

Jesus H Christ it was a joke! Side note, I said multiple times I have him 6th/top 10. I was trying to lighten the mood up for f*ck's sake.

see my comments here before being a jerk: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5991
]
Simmer down. Was joking myself. Finally had a chance to watch the Browns Jags game on NFLrewind. Regardless if we have him ranked #2 or #22, this kid is fun to watch. So Big sneaky fast. Really good player[/quote]

He actually reminds me of VJax a little. Anyone else see it?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:36 pm

joeday wrote:
Dingram wrote:[quote
Oh here we go again. Let me save everyone the time. JoeDay won't rank him in his top 8 because of a suspension risk. He thinks everyone who ranks him in he top 5 is crazy. He loves AJG. Anything else??

Jesus H Christ it was a joke! Side note, I said multiple times I have him 6th/top 10. I was trying to lighten the mood up for f*ck's sake.

see my comments here before being a jerk: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5991
]
Simmer down. Was joking myself. Finally had a chance to watch the Browns Jags game on NFLrewind. Regardless if we have him ranked #2 or #22, this kid is fun to watch. So Big sneaky fast. Really good player
He actually reminds me of VJax a little. Anyone else see it?[/quote]

Way more fluid then vjax IMO. The first guy I think of is Brandon Marshall physically, but I think Gordon makes some catches look effortless. In that sense he reminds me of Randy Moss. Smooth mover like Andre.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 am

joeday wrote:
He actually reminds me of a slightly bigger A.J. Green (without the elite jump ball skills that Green has).

They are both 6'3 - 6'4, run surprisingly crisp routes given their size & age, and have elite downfield speed. They both make it look effortless, and can really eat up a cushion on a CB. While Green has the jump ball skills, I think Gordon is built thicker and therefore is a bit more physical running short/intermediate routes.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

Dingram wrote:
joeday wrote:
Chris_R wrote:Right now he's at 64/1250/7. All things considered, I don't think it's too crazy to project him to finish at 90/1500/10, in 14 games, with musical chairs on the free agent wire as his QB's, at 22 years old :shock: . I have no problem with anyone making him their #2 or #1 WR if they want to, sorry but if he keeps producing at this rate nobody will care much if he goes 1, 2, 7, or anywhere in that range. I also understand those who need to see more. Will be interesting to see where he goes in drafts next year that's for certain. He's answered that he's QB proof and we don't always know if that's the case for some guys.

But this season is just pretty freaky and off the charts, if he is able to attain those numbers he'll be in some elite company.
Wait, he's 22?!?! First I've heard his age! Lol
Josh Gordon should not be ranked in the top 5 because of the extreme suspension risk.

Same thing I was saying to all the blind idiot Justin Blackmon supporters who weren't taking the suspension into account.

Josh Gordon = Huge moron, he's proven this with his continual drug use.

If he ever tests positive for anything one more time in his entire career he's getting a year suspension.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 am

Wow. I don't think that is accurate to be honest. I don't think if he tests positive "anytime for anything in his entire career" he gets a year suspension. I think it's ok to have your opinion and I also think it's ok to take a conservative approach. But I also hope that you then are consistent and do not have Dez, Julio or DT in your top 5. What happens if Dez gets into a family argument over the holidays and smacks his mom? What does the NFL do? I see that as just as likely to happen. What if DT loses Manning and or has some re-occurring Achilles issues? Not that I think it will happen - I just cant say that it won't. Julio's foot... will it heal, will he reagravate it? NOt sure.

People that label an individual based on his or her actions from when they were 18,19,20,21 - must have forgotten what it was like to be that age. Simple as that. I strongly disagree with your above statement 49faithfull and think that you might have either - A. never made a mistake in your youth, B. Made mistakes but have forgotten them, or C. (most likely in my opinion), do not own Gordon on any team and thus are lower on him - making you slightly frustrated by the hype surrounding him and his value right now. To say that a 22 year old young man is a "huge moron".... Wow. I'm sorry but to me - that speaks volumes about the person's opinion who types that junk. He is an extremely talented kid who is in the process of growing up. Either roster him and hope for the best, or don't. Not a huge deal. If you don't like him fine. I don't think some fantasy football player has any need to call a young athlete a moron. There are no rules that say you have to rank him in the top 5, top 10, top whatever. Rank him where you want him. Most will recognize the risk reward in front of him and gamble on the kid because - he simply is "the" hottest thing going in dynasty right now.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
joeday wrote:
He actually reminds me of a slightly bigger A.J. Green (without the elite jump ball skills that Green has).

They are both 6'3 - 6'4, run surprisingly crisp routes given their size & age, and have elite downfield speed. They both make it look effortless, and can really eat up a cushion on a CB. While Green has the jump ball skills, I think Gordon is built thicker and therefore is a bit more physical running short/intermediate routes.
I could see that...reason I think vjax is because both are big, fast, deep ball WRs in a Norv offense.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 am

JFever wrote:Wow. I don't think that is accurate to be honest. I don't think if he tests positive "anytime for anything in his entire career" he gets a year suspension. I think it's ok to have your opinion and I also think it's ok to take a conservative approach. But I also hope that you then are consistent and do not have Dez, Julio or DT in your top 5. What happens if Dez gets into a family argument over the holidays and smacks his mom? What does the NFL do? I see that as just as likely to happen. What if DT loses Manning and or has some re-occurring Achilles issues? Not that I think it will happen - I just cant say that it won't. Julio's foot... will it heal, will he reagravate it? NOt sure.

People that label an individual based on his or her actions from when they were 18,19,20,21 - must have forgotten what it was like to be that age. Simple as that. I strongly disagree with your above statement 49faithfull and think that you might have either - A. never made a mistake in your youth, B. Made mistakes but have forgotten them, or C. (most likely in my opinion), do not own Gordon on any team and thus are lower on him - making you slightly frustrated by the hype surrounding him and his value right now. To say that a 22 year old young man is a "huge moron".... Wow. I'm sorry but to me - that speaks volumes about the person's opinion who types that junk. He is an extremely talented kid who is in the process of growing up. Either roster him and hope for the best, or don't. Not a huge deal. If you don't like him fine. I don't think some fantasy football player has any need to call a young athlete a moron. There are no rules that say you have to rank him in the top 5, top 10, top whatever. Rank him where you want him. Most will recognize the risk reward in front of him and gamble on the kid because - he simply is "the" hottest thing going in dynasty right now.
Haha, well said. :thumbup:
That's the biggest thing. The risk reward factor. How much do you value it. Also its diff owning him, & looking to acquire him. I grabbed him in the 6th rd of a startup this season, so the risk is a lot less than say a contender looking to trade Julio for a championship run. One thing is sure, I'm happy to have him on my roster

sct
Starter
Starter

Postby sct » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Chris_R wrote:
Josh Gordon should not be ranked in the top 5 because of the extreme suspension risk.

Same thing I was saying to all the blind idiot Justin Blackmon supporters who weren't taking the suspension into account.

If he ever tests positive for anything one more time in his entire career he's getting a year suspension.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/10/29 ... n-long-ban
12 team no limit keeper PPR
4patd, 6ruretd, 1/25 payd, 1/10 ruyd, 1ppr Start 1QB, 2RB,2WR,1Flex, 1TE,1k, 2idp
QB: Jackson, Cousins
RB: Fournette, AJones, Montgomery, Henderson, JWilson, Ingram, BScott, Vaughn, Benjamin
WR: Kupp, adams, DJMoore, Lazard, Campbell, Osborn
TE: Schultz, Knox

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:13 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:

Could we just pin this post along with his daily post about how awful Newton is.

PS- Could we get drug testing for 49ers, I'm praying to god that he's on something.
Last edited by voiceofunreason on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Link didn't work for me?

I used to think Gordon lacked ball skills to but he manages to make the catch when it matters. He had a few plays last game where he went up and got it. But even if he does lack great ball skills he can use his length to get open and he seems to have good hands.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What would you trade for Gordon (Love and Hate)

Postby balaberda » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:52 pm

I know yet another thread but I am trying to focus this one as this guy is very polarizing. I hear a lot of people say they love this guy or hate him. I think we can all agree that even if we hate a player that they still have a price.

Please post one of the following at the top of your response:

Love or Hate

Then please post what you think he is worth: Please use picks/players and explain.

For example.

Love - I would trade a top 5 rb plus a 2nd round pick for him
Hate - Would only buy him for an early 2nd
Love - Would trade Cobb plus a first.

etc.

Please keep this thread only about what you would trade for him. I don't want this to turn into all of the other Gordon threads.

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What would you trade for Gordon (Love and Hate)

Postby bjorklunde » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 pm

In my 10 teamer in which I lost Julio, if I didn't already own Gordon, I would probably move Trent & a 1st for him (I have Charles, Martin, Lacy, Tate, Michael, & Latty). Given Trent's enormous drop in value, plus salary & contract implications, it'd be a move I'd be willing to make. As long as I was in the hunt for a 'ship that is.

Luckily, in this same league, I traded Mendenhall in the offseason straight up to a RB needy team for Gordon.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Love him.

In the leagues I own him, Calvin is the only guy I would trade for him. Wouldn't trade "down" for any of the other top 6 WR.

In leagues I don't, it's tougher since it's all what other value you him at. Since most don't have him as high as I do, I could probably swing Dez or AJ for Gordon/1st. Which I would do in a heartbeat.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 pm

bjorklunde wrote:In my 10 teamer in which I lost Julio, if I didn't already own Gordon, I would probably move Trent & a 1st for him (I have Charles, Martin, Lacy, Tate, Michael, & Latty). Given Trent's enormous drop in value, plus salary & contract implications, it'd be a move I'd be willing to make. As long as I was in the hunt for a 'ship that is.

Luckily, in this same league, I traded Mendenhall in the offseason straight up to a RB needy team for Gordon.
I'm sure the Gordon owner would be excited to get rb50 & a random 1st. As a Gordon owner I'd laugh at that. :doh:
Good for you for getting Him for Mendenhall. Would not have been nearly enough in any leagues I'm involved in. Would take an overpay at this point for me to move him. Tough to put names together, but maybe like Cobb & top10 rb I'd look.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Love him.

More so because I picked him up at 9:00:16 pm when my waivers opened up at 9:00 pm 2 years ago during the summer for my big money league. He was a free pick up. Liked the talent size all that jazz and to see him flash last year to now explode this year is very gratifying.

Honestly I don't know what I'd move him for. He's the best type of dynasty commodity there is IMO minus off field history.

I think we're splitting hairs when we all argue about who's better, Calvin, AJG, Julio, etc. the fact we're discussing it tells me he's in that mix whether you own him or not.