Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:24 pm

balaberda wrote: I still think Hoyer gets a Chance.
I do too.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Nice read on Michael Irvin mentoring Gordon.

The most notable thing from a football standpoint is Irvin looking to take Gordon to Larry's WR camp in the off season. 22 learning the little things from one of the greats?! Fired up to see how JG comes along.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... um=twitter

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:27 am

hot nikkels wrote:Nice read on Michael Irvin mentoring Gordon.

The most notable thing from a football standpoint is Irvin looking to take Gordon to Larry's WR camp in the off season. 22 learning the little things from one of the greats?! Fired up to see how JG comes along.

Great article, Never know how things are going to turn out, but as a believer and owner of Gordon is many leagues I can only hope the light has already come on for this kid.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 am

Mentoring by Irvin? I guess I have to increase the knucklehead factor by 50%.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:19 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:

Mentoring by Irvin? I guess I have to increase the knucklehead factor by 50%.
Yeah if it was 1991.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Going to Fitzgerald's camp from early June until almost the opening of training camp would be significant for a couple of reasons. One, it would allow Gordon to learn from some of the best WRs all-time in turn refining his game. Two, it would mean he is serious about football as well as taking up a good portion of this pivotal off-season for him.

Also, I watched the video from the article and I found it very interesting that Joe Haden says Gordon is a 'legit 4.3 guy'. It's obvious when you watch him play, he is much faster than his pro day time....

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Whereas most guys notch marks on their headboards, he notches busted hammies.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:24 pm

dm1129 wrote:

Going to Fitzgerald's camp from early June until almost the opening of training camp would be significant for a couple of reasons. One, it would allow Gordon to learn from some of the best WRs all-time in turn refining his game. Two, it would mean he is serious about football as well as taking up a good portion of this pivotal off-season for him.

Also, I watched the video from the article and I found it very interesting that Joe Haden says Gordon is a 'legit 4.3 guy'. It's obvious when you watch him play, he is much faster than his pro day time....
I remember reading Gordon ran the pro day time with a bad hamstring 4.52, the same analyst timed him on game film in the 4.3 second range over 40 yards.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:30 pm

You're correct, he was injured at his pro day. When I was researching him before the draft last year, I did read reports of him being timed in the 4.3s. He clearly plays as a 4.3 guy.

EastonBlues22
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EastonBlues22 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Two nice Gordon articles for those interested.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... week-14-3/

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/13/josh-gord ... ns-record/

Both are good reads, but the MMQB article in particularly excellent. It delves into Gordon's background and gives insight into his character.
10 team Dynasty, 27 man roster [PPR, +1 Comp Pass/-1 Incomp Pass, 6 pts all TDs, 0.1 pts all Yds (including pass and return), Distance TD and Yd Milestone Bonuses]; Start: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Brees, Romo, Bridgewater, Carr
RB: D. Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Powell, Ajayi, Coleman, Mathews, McKinnon, Michael, B. Brown
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, Edelman, T. Benjamin, Gordon, Crabtree, Amendola, Aiken, K. Martin
TE: Gronkowski, Kelce, Eifert
Championships: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

scienergy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby scienergy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:21 pm

My mind is still reeling I was able to trade Bowe and Bryce Brown for Gordon days before season opener. I knew he'd be good, but I didn't expect this... ok maybe I did. :dance:

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:29 pm

scienergy wrote:My mind is still reeling I was able to trade Bowe and Bryce Brown for Gordon days before season opener. I knew he'd be good, but I didn't expect this... ok maybe I did. :dance:
Yeah I was able to trade Crabs for Gordon/Stacy right before the Crabtree injury. Looks like such a huge win for me, unfortunately I traded both Gordon/Stacy away before the season started.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

IR1SH
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby IR1SH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Jus came across this article.. Nothing groundbreaking, but everything I read/hear just seems like Gordon is on the right path moving forward.
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/13/josh-gord ... ns-record/

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I love how when he scored that TD in garbage time he didn't even look close to being happy.

Many guys would still be pumping their own tires on personal stats but he could care less. He was also wide open a lot last game and just missed non stop.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am

I read the SI article, and came away impressed with Gordon.

Could he still be a knucklehead and screw up with drugs in the future? Of course.

But to me, his past issues seemed to be a result of a young kid making bad decisions in the face of adversity. Everything I've seen from him on the field, and heard about him off the field, he seems to really have matured. As the above poster mentioned, he doesn't celebrate garbage time TD's by beating his chest. He runs over to help other teammates up. He goes over and celebrates with other players when they make a play. He's saying all the right things in interviews.

I feel a lot, A LOT better about his off-the-field concerns now than I did 6 months ago.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich