Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: What's the risk? (another Josh Gordon thread)

Postby KMA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm

joeday wrote:
georg013 wrote:There it is. The experience or lack thereof. Guys with as little experience as Gordon are NOT supposed to be doing it as easy as he has. The game just looks slow to him while "NFL ready types" like Hopkins get benched for mental lapses. That is why I believe his ceiling is so high. I can only imagine what year 3 and a new quarterback will bring for this kid. He has a chance to be amazing.
Tho to be fair I could make the Jags secondary look slow. And it took Josh Gordon a whole game to do that against the Steelers, only took Calvin a half! lol

I honestly think the Browns don't go QB early...I think they give Hoyer another shot. Maybe get another WR to play opposite of Gordon, and some more defensive help.

Any time Georg says a Brown will be good, from now on I am going opposite! lol You are setting yourself up for a big let down and if Gordon doesnt pan out like TR didnt I will put you on suicide watch! lol
Come on JoeDay, EVERYBODY knows the ONLY reason Calvin has monster games is because Stafford force feeds him the ball 50 out of 56 times per game. He's a volume receiver! Take away Stafford and let's see how he does! Have you seen his catch percentage this year? It's a hot mess. For what it's worth, I view TRich like an unfinished piece of art. I have no idea how it's going to end but I'll be damned if I throw it away.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Chris_R » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Right now he's at 64/1250/7. All things considered, I don't think it's too crazy to project him to finish at 90/1500/10, in 14 games, with musical chairs on the free agent wire as his QB's, at 22 years old :shock: . I have no problem with anyone making him their #2 or #1 WR if they want to, sorry but if he keeps producing at this rate nobody will care much if he goes 1, 2, 7, or anywhere in that range. I also understand those who need to see more. Will be interesting to see where he goes in drafts next year that's for certain. He's answered that he's QB proof and we don't always know if that's the case for some guys.

But this season is just pretty freaky and off the charts, if he is able to attain those numbers he'll be in some elite company.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:07 pm

This really adds nothing of value to this thread, but this guy takes the cake as the number 1 Gordon Homer!

300 for life and 175 LB scarecrow were my 2 favorite quotes. You'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmb7K4EoAEI&sns=em

mlee2587
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mlee2587 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:11 pm

hot nikkels wrote:This really adds nothing of value to this thread, but this guy takes the cake as the number 1 Gordon Homer!

HAHAHA this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 pm

hot nikkels wrote:This really adds nothing of value to this thread, but this guy takes the cake as the number 1 Gordon Homer!

That video is f-Ing hilarious. I had a good chuckle. Brandon f*ing Weeden? Julio Jones? Are you kidding me ? Gay-j green, what's that scarecrow 175 lbs. too funny. Lol :clap: :clap: :clap:

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

is he sitting in a bathroom? Looks like a public restroom with newspaper pinned up above the urinals :lol:

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Chris_R wrote:Right now he's at 64/1250/7. All things considered, I don't think it's too crazy to project him to finish at 90/1500/10, in 14 games, with musical chairs on the free agent wire as his QB's, at 22 years old :shock: . I have no problem with anyone making him their #2 or #1 WR if they want to, sorry but if he keeps producing at this rate nobody will care much if he goes 1, 2, 7, or anywhere in that range. I also understand those who need to see more. Will be interesting to see where he goes in drafts next year that's for certain. He's answered that he's QB proof and we don't always know if that's the case for some guys.

But this season is just pretty freaky and off the charts, if he is able to attain those numbers he'll be in some elite company.
Wait, he's 22?!?! First I've heard his age! Lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:04 pm

joeday wrote:
Chris_R wrote:Right now he's at 64/1250/7. All things considered, I don't think it's too crazy to project him to finish at 90/1500/10, in 14 games, with musical chairs on the free agent wire as his QB's, at 22 years old :shock: . I have no problem with anyone making him their #2 or #1 WR if they want to, sorry but if he keeps producing at this rate nobody will care much if he goes 1, 2, 7, or anywhere in that range. I also understand those who need to see more. Will be interesting to see where he goes in drafts next year that's for certain. He's answered that he's QB proof and we don't always know if that's the case for some guys.

Oh here we go again. Let me save everyone the time. JoeDay won't rank him in his top 8 because of a suspension risk. He thinks everyone who ranks him in he top 5 is crazy. He loves AJG. Anything else??

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Dingram wrote:
joeday wrote:

Oh here we go again. Let me save everyone the time. JoeDay won't rank him in his top 8 because of a suspension risk. He thinks everyone who ranks him in he top 5 is crazy. He loves AJG. Anything else??
Jesus H Christ it was a joke! Side note, I said multiple times I have him 6th/top 10. I was trying to lighten the mood up for f*ck's sake.

see my comments here before being a jerk: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59914
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

IR1SH
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby IR1SH » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Well I just say 1st that this is my first year playing dynasty so the whole "future assessment" is new to me..
But I honestly don't think it matters if he is ranked #2/#4/#8 or whatever. It is personal preference. He's obviously a top 10 WR.. Some people would draft Dez over AJG and some would draft AJG over Dez. There really is no right or wrong answer.
As for the suspension risk assessment. Well, I think it factors in only slightly. I mean, if you lost Cobb or Julio this year, you took them out of your lineup and moved on.. It happens.. If he fails a test, you'll do the same with Gordon...
I think if he makes it through this offseason clean, it becomes a non issue.
And the fact he's younger than the other top WR's should almost equal out the risk of losing a year. IF he missed next year you would still get him back at 24 years old.. And I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember anyone getting suspended for a full year twice.

Nixon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Nixon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:11 am

IR1SH wrote:Well I just say 1st that this is my first year playing dynasty so the whole "future assessment" is new to me..
But I honestly don't think it matters if he is ranked #2/#4/#8 or whatever. It is personal preference. He's obviously a top 10 WR.. Some people would draft Dez over AJG and some would draft AJG over Dez. There really is no right or wrong answer.
As for the suspension risk assessment. Well, I think it factors in only slightly. I mean, if you lost Cobb or Julio this year, you took them out of your lineup and moved on.. It happens.. If he fails a test, you'll do the same with Gordon...
I think if he makes it through this offseason clean, it becomes a non issue.
And the fact he's younger than the other top WR's should almost equal out the risk of losing a year. IF he missed next year you would still get him back at 24 years old.. And I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember anyone getting suspended for a full year twice.
Julio and Cobb are injury issues. It's apples to oranges there, as anyone is susceptible to injury. Gordon made his own problems.

And I am not 100% sure how it works, but Blackmon tested positive a second time and is "indefinitely" suspended, but can appeal for reinstatement. I'd have to imagine they'll let him back in if he does all the right things (as they would Gordon if he failed again) but a third test I'd guess would be an indefinite suspension without appeal. Hopefully someone can clear that up.

Regardless, I don't see Gordon going down the same path as Blackmon, but if I didn't own Gordon I'd definitely use this as ammo to try and drive the cost to acquire him down at least to something reasonable.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 am

Maybe I'm lazy, but can someone accurately detail the trouble that Gordon has gotten in?

I'm mostly concerned with how the last 1.5 years (his time in the NFL) will translate moving forward, but I'd be interested in a full break-down dating back to college.

It's my understanding that he has gotten in trouble in the past for smoking weed and doing dumb college-kid things. Not that it's a GOOD thing, or even excusable, but I'd rather see those mistakes than an alcohol addiction, involvement with gangs/serious crimes, or late-night stories of a player punching a bouncer and getting a DUI, etc.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14 am

joeday wrote: I like how you have your rankings...and I agree with them completely. I think there is a misunderstanding with me saying that we should temper expectations and people thinking I am saying he is terrible. Dez was supposed to break all the fantasy records ever this season after seeing how amazing his last half of 2012 was. I wasnt buying it. I traded Dez and a 1st round pick in a 4 player keeper league (so we are taking round 5 in a redraft!) for Calvin Johnson and people thought I was crazy. Dez is barely cracking the top 10 this year in that scoring system. We just cant take a small sample size and crown someone. I don't know how that makes me a jerk, or nuts for thinking that way.

What was it that you didn't buy about Dez' finish to last year? That he couldn't replicate those numbers over 16 games or that he wasn't that caliber of a player? Because those are 2 different things. Calvin Johnson also won't get 1900+ receiving yards this year either. Dez is still on pace to eclipse 90/1200/11 and play every game so I'd say that he still lived up to expectations. He's 9th now with 4 games to go, it just sounded as I'd you were using him as an example of why not to crown somebody because Dez doesn't have 1700 yards and 15 tds already.

I think the expectations of a guy like Dez speak volumes to how good he even is. People should really take in Calvin first 4 years in the league. He had 900 yards and 5 TD'S in his 3rd year and 1100 yards in his 4th year. For me, some of my rankings evaluate what they do now and some is what the future holds. I won't move Gordon or Dez down by not posting an insane season. It's like saying trade Gordon now, because next year if he "only" gets 80/1100/9 and finishes around 10 you could have gotten more.

Not that I don't agree with your deal. I just didn't think Dez being ranked 9th right now was a slight against him or a validation of moving him. He was ranked #1 around mid season and this is a week after Gordon and Jeffery shot up.

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 am

kmbryant09 wrote:Maybe I'm lazy, but can someone accurately detail the trouble that Gordon has gotten in?

I'm mostly concerned with how the last 1.5 years (his time in the NFL) will translate moving forward, but I'd be interested in a full break-down dating back to college.

It's my understanding that he has gotten in trouble in the past for smoking weed and doing dumb college-kid things. Not that it's a GOOD thing, or even excusable, but I'd rather see those mistakes than an alcohol addiction, involvement with gangs/serious crimes, or late-night stories of a player punching a bouncer and getting a DUI, etc.

It's really not the trouble itself, it's just that 1 more failed test is a year suspension. He ended up getting himself further along in the stages of discipline due to issues in College with weed. But at this point, I could take a year off suspension for him as a worst case. It's not much different then what happened to Julio this year. And I'm more worried about Julio coming back then I would be Josh Gordon after missing a year to non injury reasons.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 am

IR1SH wrote:And the fact he's younger than the other top WR's should almost equal out the risk of losing a year. IF he missed next year you would still get him back at 24 years old.. And I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember anyone getting suspended for a full year twice.
That isn't how it works, losing your WR1 due to a year-long suspension hinders your championship chances, this isn't a waiting game for your player to come off suspension. And no one gets a full year twice because they're well out of the league by then.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds