Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Muncus Agruncus
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Anybody else hoping Josh Gordon DOESN'T get traded?

Postby Muncus Agruncus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't see the point in trading Gordon. I saw the point in trading Richardson.

Creed's Assassin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Creed's Assassin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 pm

dm1129 wrote:He coincidentally had his first career rushing attempt as well...yeah they weren't putting him on display...

Call it whatever you want, the fact he was also "coincidentally" facing off against a 5th string corner, on a team with zero NFL caliber RBs and no running game means they had no choice but to throw it. And they have two weapons, Camron and Gordon. Both had great games. That's not showcasing to me. That's using what you have effectively.

If they are so devious, why didn't they "showcase" TRich before they dealt him?

Azhais
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Azhais » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Creed's Assassin wrote:If they are so devious, why didn't they "showcase" TRich before they dealt him?
Maybe they did and we've already seen his best.

daz49ers
Starter
Starter

Postby daz49ers » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm

Selfishly i want the niners to go get him he would help Kap and open up the field for the run game, but hes shown that hes good enough even with hoyer and weeden throwing him the ball
Bands & Booze, Brains Of Deliah - http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0008

Ultimate Pigskin Classic, Yo'da Man - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0012

DC vs Marvel, The Joker - http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0001

X-Men Vs. Avengers Superflex, Deadpool - http://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0005

A League Of Thrones (Start up auction in July) Khaleesi, Mother Of Dragons http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0003

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Muncus Agruncus wrote:I don't see the point in trading Gordon. I saw the point in trading Richardson.

I completely agree. Adam Schefter has now reported twice that the Browns are looking to move him. He is only 22 and playing in his 17th NFL game......his potential is phenomenal. As a owner of Gordon, I would love to see him go somewhere else.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh Gordon Time!

Postby Chris_R » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
georg013 wrote:Does a game like the one he had on Sunday alter the organizations desire to move him? How can any franchise move a player of his skill level? Is he THAT much of a headache? Apparently. When I see highlights of the kid, it always seems like he is WIDE open WAITING for the ball to get there. Scary.
They are just doing everything they can to eliminate everything the previous administration did.

Which if true shows how stupid they are. That's just like saying when Andy Reid took over with new management, he should have traded Charles for a 1st, Flowers for a 1st, Berry for a 1st, etc etc etc. What is different? I'm sorry but there is no good excuse for trading away good young players for future picks. Does anybody really think the Browns would be better off by trading Gordon and Cameron for a 1st next year? Sure they have 4 first rounders, then what? There wasn't a WR last year as good as Gordon at any point, even in the top 10. Eifert was the best TE last year, Cameron is just as young and producing like a stud already. At some point, hitting the reset button on another 1st just to have your own handpicked talent makes no sense.

But maybe Chip Kelly should have traded Lesean McCoy also, they aren't going anywhere either(like Cleveland) so why doesn't he just trade all the good young talent for picks? Why shouldn't every new coach and GM trade all their promising young players for picks? Because it doesn't make any sense.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I really don't care honestly. Guys with supreme talent it doesn't matter much. Gordon came in from day 1, already late to the last off-season after missing half, stepped in as the #1 WR with a respectable season, then this season the first game he looks locked and loaded for a top 10 season. This is mind you, with Brandon Weeden, Hoyer, and no running game. There is no situation he could go to and have things be worse, Jacksonville and Oakland are probably the worst spots and they don't need a WR nor are they ready to spend a pick on one. Anybody else would be a huge upgrade, but I've seen the production in Cleveland and it's top 10 ability here, I'm not really wishing he gets traded(I say that now, but if I woke up and he was catching passes from RGIII I'd lose my mind).

So I wouldn't say I'm hoping he gets traded or doesn't just that I believe in him enough to start him with confidence either way. That's why I started him this week off suspension with Hoyer at QB.

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

I think if the Browns do trade Gordon, it will be because the offer is really good combined with the fear he will fail another test. I have to believe that if Gordon had no failed drug tests, the Browns would not consider trading him because he does have the potential to be an elite WR. If he is traded, I will be extremely interested to see the deal.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Chris_R wrote:I really don't care honestly. Guys with supreme talent it doesn't matter much. Gordon came in from day 1, already late to the last off-season after missing half, stepped in as the #1 WR with a respectable season, then this season the first game he looks locked and loaded for a top 10 season. This is mind you, with Brandon Weeden, Hoyer, and no running game. There is no situation he could go to and have things be worse, Jacksonville and Oakland are probably the worst spots and they don't need a WR nor are they ready to spend a pick on one. Anybody else would be a huge upgrade, but I've seen the production in Cleveland and it's top 10 ability here, I'm not really wishing he gets traded(I say that now, but if I woke up and he was catching passes from RGIII I'd lose my mind).

So I wouldn't say I'm hoping he gets traded or doesn't just that I believe in him enough to start him with confidence either way. That's why I started him this week off suspension with Hoyer at QB.

This is what I am truly hoping for, but did not want to jinx it by mentioning it...lol.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

I don't really care if he's traded or not. Sure an upgrade at QB would be nice, but they may get a shot at one next year. I'll take a huge is amount of targets in Cleveland for Gordon and make that make due for now.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm

I just remember during the supp draft RGIII vouched for him and was trying to get Shanny to pull the trigger on bidding on him. Their connection at Baylor was legit, and RGIII is an amazing deep ball thrower. Problem is they have so many needs on their terrible defense, but doesn't stop us from wishing. :D

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Azhais wrote:
Creed's Assassin wrote:If they are so devious, why didn't they "showcase" TRich before they dealt him?
Maybe they did and we've already seen his best.
This was actually pretty funny. To showcase TRich though, his staline would have looked something like this: 50 carries, 101 yards, 1 TD, 5 receptions, 5.6 yards.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Chris_R wrote:I just remember during the supp draft RGIII vouched for him and was trying to get Shanny to pull the trigger on bidding on him. Their connection at Baylor was legit, and RGIII is an amazing deep ball thrower. Problem is they have so many needs on their terrible defense, but doesn't stop us from wishing. :D
No defense could be just what the doctor ordered! See Lions, Matt Stafford, and Calvin Johnson!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

preeti222
Rookie
Rookie

Postby preeti222 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:58 am

Going with all young players doesn't work.They definitely shouldn't get rid of the only playmaker they have on their roster.

TpainSD
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TpainSD » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

Rotoworld is reporting the lions are asking around for a WR