Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Dude is unstoppable. I have a feeling Josh Gordon will be the most hated FF player to me for many years to come. This obviously is because I don't own him anywhere :(
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:48 pm

georg013 wrote:
cool_zapp wrote:I just wanted to see where everybody seems to rate Josh Gordon. I was reading an article earlier that said he could be the next Dez Bryant. I know that's a tall order but what are everybody's thoughts on him and why?
Not sure about this anymore.
still 6th for me.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:52 pm

joeday wrote:
georg013 wrote:
cool_zapp wrote:I just wanted to see where everybody seems to rate Josh Gordon. I was reading an article earlier that said he could be the next Dez Bryant. I know that's a tall order but what are everybody's thoughts on him and why?
Not sure about this anymore.
still 6th for me.
I'm ready to move him up to #2. He is breathing down Mega's neck. Crazy? Perhaps, but I'm not worried about suspensions. No one is doing it better. I'm not even a Browns fan.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:48 pm

georg013 wrote:I'm ready to move him up to #2. He is breathing down Mega's neck. Crazy? Perhaps, but I'm not worried about suspensions. No one is doing it better. I'm not even a Browns fan.
for all the HUGE gordon fans out there, you best start praying...Georg is the kiss of death for Browns players! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:04 pm

I don't even know what to say anymore, its just unreal. I still wouldn't put him above AJG, Dez or Calvin, due to his risk. BUT, there is no other WR I'd want to own throughout the rest of this year, I'd want him over Calvin if i were vying for a championship this year. I think that it is hard to move him above the big 4 long term yet, as I think we need the offseason and a few games in 2014 to really make that call. I will say though, if he keeps clean in the offseason, it would be tough not to move him up on my draft board. I can really see him moving into spot #2 or #3 behind Calvin and/or AJG.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 pm

He is on a tear. If he gets a quarterback and really does have his head on straight? I don't know man.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:25 pm

wingnutty wrote:I don't even know what to say anymore, its just unreal. I still wouldn't put him above AJG, Dez or Calvin, due to his risk. BUT, there is no other WR I'd want to own throughout the rest of this year, I'd want him over Calvin if i were vying for a championship this year. I think that it is hard to move him above the big 4 long term yet, as I think we need the offseason and a few games in 2014 to really make that call. I will say though, if he keeps clean in the offseason, it would be tough not to move him up on my draft board. I can really see him moving into spot #2 or #3 behind Calvin and/or AJG.
I wouldnt. Hopefully today's performance by Megatron isnt the reason you are saying that...lets not forget the tear calvin went on too lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:08 pm

joeday wrote:
wingnutty wrote:I don't even know what to say anymore, its just unreal. I still wouldn't put him above AJG, Dez or Calvin, due to his risk. BUT, there is no other WR I'd want to own throughout the rest of this year, I'd want him over Calvin if i were vying for a championship this year. I think that it is hard to move him above the big 4 long term yet, as I think we need the offseason and a few games in 2014 to really make that call. I will say though, if he keeps clean in the offseason, it would be tough not to move him up on my draft board. I can really see him moving into spot #2 or #3 behind Calvin and/or AJG.
I wouldnt. Hopefully today's performance by Megatron isnt the reason you are saying that...lets not forget the tear calvin went on too lol
Idk JoeDay, don't know how much longer he stays out of that top 3.. Haha. Really, everything has been said that could be said. On both sides. Now we just sit back & see if he stays out of trouble. Not sure if I've seen someone dominate so soon in the league? There are a few that come to mind, but it is elite company

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Not a bad thing. Some guys just need to see more before they believe. I'm convinced now.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Ya, just drafted for draft spot in a startup for next year. Took #5. Wouldn't mind ending up with Gordon at #5. Don't think I'm going to at this point

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 pm

joeday wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but, if he stays clean and continues to perform at this level, the debate would be hard-fought. Age is a big consideration that one has to take into account.

My basis has nothing to do with Calvin's performance today, I don't even know what his totals were. By basis has everything to do with play and age of Gordon, he is simply performing better than anyone else besides Calvin, is younger and he has the measurables to be the bonified #1 dynasty WR over the next decade. I believe if he makes it through this offseason, the suspension risk will be much reduced and Gordon's long term value will rise accordingly. However, I still deduct significant value from his dynasty value because of the off-field risk as do I believe most people.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:50 pm

wingnutty wrote:
joeday wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but, if he stays clean and continues to perform at this level, the debate would be hard-fought. Age is a big consideration that one has to take into account.

My basis has nothing to do with Calvin's performance today, I don't even know what his totals were. By basis has everything to do with play and age of Gordon, he is simply performing better than anyone else besides Calvin, is younger and he has the measurables to be the bonified #1 dynasty WR over the next decade. I believe if he makes it through this offseason, the suspension risk will be much reduced and Gordon's long term value will rise accordingly. However, I still deduct significant value from his dynasty value because of the off-field risk as do I believe most people.
Believe me, Gordon has carried me in a few redrafts and a keeper league during his run...I am very pleased with him...but Calvin is Calvin. I can def see the argument to move him up to 3 though.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I think some are ranking him "low" due to risk, and some are ranking him low due to denial. I can't figure out which one I am yet, maybe I'm both :)

I tend to want to see more before I move players to the top of my rankings. I will say this though. If he stays out of trouble this offseason and in 2014 he plays at 80% of what he has in 2013, he will most likely be my #1 dynasty WR this time next year.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

TpainSD
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TpainSD » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:50 pm

pretty stoked to get him half way through the year for k.wright and a 5th :dance:

stapel0
Starter
Starter

Postby stapel0 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:28 am

I've been a big Gordon fan and an owner. But I'm getting a little scared...and here is why.

That huge number of really long TDs is just not sustainable. Nobody gets 80yd TDs every week, for multiple seasons. WRs or RBs can get them for 1 season...but every season? Nope.

Like Chris Johnson's 2000yd season...full of 80yd TD runs. When the 80yd TD runs went from a big number to a more reasonable number, he went back to being a 1200yd RB, which he has been the rest of his career. Outlier season.

Still, Gordon has a ton of talent...can be an every season top flight WR...it just seems like if his only options are to be as good as Megatron or be a disappointment...I'm worried.

Not that I'm doing anything about it right now...