Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby problemsolver » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:52 pm
kris_kapsner wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:38 am Oh, how many millions of dollars is that weed worth?

Just disappointing that he couldn't get it figured out. He could have been one of the greats.
One would be foolish or naive (both?) to think this is solely weed related.
I can't remember if it was this thread or someplace else where I read that he has admitted in interviews that he has abused weed, alcohol, prescription meds (probably Xanax but that is just a guess on my part) and codeine (Purple Drank).

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:43 pm

problemsolver wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:52 pm
kris_kapsner wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:38 am Oh, how many millions of dollars is that weed worth?

Just disappointing that he couldn't get it figured out. He could have been one of the greats.
One would be foolish or naive (both?) to think this is solely weed related.
I can't remember if it was this thread or someplace else where I read that he has admitted in interviews that he has abused weed, alcohol, prescription meds (probably Xanax but that is just a guess on my part) and codeine (Purple Drank).
By the way...I ordered pizza tonight and guess who delivered it...and ironically he was still wearing his Pats jersey (and I live in Jets territory). Needless to say...no tip.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Hahahahaha.

...to be clear, I am not laughing at Gordon; I am laughing that there are people that did not sell.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:16 pm Hahahahaha.

...to be clear, I am not laughing at Gordon; I am laughing that there are people that did not sell.
Ok, now FOR SURE he's learned his lesson.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am I’m surprised no one has mentioned yet that owners had plenty of windows to sell
Which owners because I'm looking for a really good bay window that doesn't let much cold air in. Are they running sales this time of year? How much for installation?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:51 pm
Valhalla wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am I’m surprised no one has mentioned yet that owners had plenty of windows to sell
Which owners because I'm looking for a really good bay window that doesn't let much cold air in. Are they running sales this time of year? How much for installation?
Make sure any windows you buy are not glass - because people with glass houses get stones thrown at them or something like that ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:11 pm

That was my problem, I had no buyers in the one league I own him. Just like I am getting no offers for Hunt, my league must be more risk adverse than most people's on this forum.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:34 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:11 pm

That was my problem, I had no buyers in the one league I own him. Just like I am getting no offers for Hunt, my league must be more risk adverse than most people's on this forum.
Nope, I'm with you here. Gordon was on waivers and I forget when I stashed him during last season (Edit: November 1st of last season. Dropped Laquon Treadwell), but he was free and I knew he'd be back.

Fast forward to this year and he's on the oats and had a decent start... I throw him on the trade block and the best kind of offer I get? Baker and Gordon for Darnold and Royce in 2 QB. I would've been losing Gordon and not even improving one bit... Or another deal...Gordon for Alex Collins after Collins had already been sent to Baltimore's bench.

Basically Gordon's production was more valuable than getting any of those deals would've been. Got him for free and now he's done. Oh well. Knew this day would come. Didn't think it'd be this season

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Nope, I'm with you here. Gordon was on waivers and I forget when I stashed him during last season (Edit: November 1st of last season. Dropped Laquon Treadwell), but he was free and I knew he'd be back.

Fast forward to this year and he's on the oats and had a decent start... I throw him on the trade block and the best kind of offer I get? Baker and Gordon for Darnold and Royce in 2 QB. I would've been losing Gordon and not even improving one bit... Or another deal...Gordon for Alex Collins after Collins had already been sent to Baltimore's bench.

Basically Gordon's production was more valuable than getting any of those deals would've been. Got him for free and now he's done. Oh well. Knew this day would come. Didn't think it'd be this season
Just had to enjoy it while it lasted. No one was gonna buy him. Might as well just hold and ride his production into the sunset.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I almost waited too long. My league is extremely risk adverse except for 1 village idiot who also happened to back his way into a chip last season and through the gift of randomness that is fantasy beat me in the semi's this season. I picked up Gordon off waivers and sold for a late 1st which I flipped for Godwin.

I can fondly recall the flak I got after Gordon was traded to NE by the village idiot.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Sad. I was rooting for him.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:54 am

I was lucky in that I got to sell both Hunt and Gordon to the same owner. No one else in my league was willing to take on the risk, but luckily I have a chap who does. Very luckily. I didn't exactly get massive returns, but I did get something back for both
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 am

Apparently tested positive for multiple substances.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:04 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 am Apparently tested positive for multiple substances.
Lol, that would be right, shows just a bit of promise then bamb!!! All the drugs!!!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:29 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:58 am Apparently tested positive for multiple substances.
He needs significant, significant help. Like I said earlier, he just may be someone that shouldn't be playing football at all. It's clearly never been a big enough distraction or incentive from his root issues. Schefter released a report today saying that the Patriots essentially had people assigned to be with Gordon at all times so that this would never happen. And, that he found a way to manuever around them.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.