Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby maxhyde » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:45 am This is where Josh Gordon fans post a gif of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air dancing. 8-)
I went with a fat guy trying a cartwheel because that is accurate for me
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05 am

maxhyde wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:45 am This is where Josh Gordon fans post a gif of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air dancing. 8-)
I went with a fat guy trying a cartwheel because that is accurate for me
It is important to play within ones limits. :wink: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 am

Rosenbluu wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:11 am
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:41 am
Bjordan554207 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 am Josh Gordon announced he’s returning to the team. Officially off hiatus.
I really hope he stays straight and everything works out for him. I would love to see a good ending to this story.
X2

I truly hate this thread, seems like people don’t know the struggle of addiction. I just want him to survive and make it the league because if he does we will see one of the bst talents we have ever seen.
I haven't seen anyone rooting against the guy as a human being. You can be pulling for him and still not want anything to do with him at his current price in fantasy. The latter doesn't make you unsympathetic towards addiction whatsoever.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 am
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:41 am

I really hope he stays straight and everything works out for him. I would love to see a good ending to this story.
X2

I truly hate this thread, seems like people don’t know the struggle of addiction. I just want him to survive and make it the league because if he does we will see one of the bst talents we have ever seen.
I haven't seen anyone rooting against the guy as a human being. You can be pulling for him and still not want anything to do with him at his current price in fantasy. The latter doesn't make you unsympathetic towards addiction whatsoever.
I don't think his comments concerned sympathy. He's likely taking umbrage with the fact that so many are unknowledgeable on drug/alcohol addiction.

There are millions of people who have no knowledge concerning addiction. And dozens of them have made comments on this thread. Most of them are of the mind that Josh only had a problem with weed and just needs to grow up and have 28 days in rehab and everything will be ok. Pot is his drug of choice. If he's not in contact with a sponsor and continually showing up to NA meetings each week, he will relapse.

Everyone should watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVWIELHQQY
Craig Ferguson--comedian and former late night tv host--gives an entertaining and sincere explanation about his problems with alcoholism.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm

UATahoe wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 am This situation is just weird. Sounds like he didn't report because he knew he wouldn't pass a drug test and instead delayed and entered a substance abuse program.
If it was related to passing a drug test, he would've been screwed either way because the drug testing comes regardless of whether or not he reports to camp. More likely, he needed to complete something related to some part of his rehab and hadn't yet.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:29 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm
UATahoe wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 am This situation is just weird. Sounds like he didn't report because he knew he wouldn't pass a drug test and instead delayed and entered a substance abuse program.
If it was related to passing a drug test, he would've been screwed either way because the drug testing comes regardless of whether or not he reports to camp. More likely, he needed to complete something related to some part of his rehab and hadn't yet.
I was thinking along these lines, in the nrl when a player is allowed back in the league after certain issues (jail or caught with peds) they tend to have certain hurdles to go through. One such player hopoate was in the lower league for 2 yrs and we couldn't work out why he wasn't being reinstated to first grade, turns out he had some comunity service stipulated by the nrl that he hadn't completed etc.
I just can't imagine after all this the NFL would let a failed or missed test "slide", it would be way out of character of the NFL. If they would do that why not let his diluted test go the other yr.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:38 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:29 pm
ericanadian wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm
I was thinking along these lines, in the nrl when a player is allowed back in the league after certain issues (jail or caught with peds) they tend to have certain hurdles to go through. One such player hopoate was in the lower league for 2 yrs and we couldn't work out why he wasn't being reinstated to first grade, turns out he had some comunity service stipulated by the nrl that he hadn't completed etc.
I just can't imagine after all this the NFL would let a failed or missed test "slide", it would be way out of character of the NFL. If they would do that why not let his diluted test go the other yr.
Off-topic but I've been reading a bit about the MCG - have you ever been?

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Off-topic but I've been reading a bit about the MCG - have you ever been?
[/quote]

Yes once, not a big cricket fan but it's a good day out to have some drinks etc, (I'm assuming a similar atmosphere to baseball). Worth a trip if you ever make your way to aus, although be warned, Australia is in a bad spot with cricket atm.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Well, I traded Gordon for a 1st round pick next year. Likely mid to early. Undersell?

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:12 am

X2

I don't think his comments concerned sympathy. He's likely taking umbrage with the fact that so many are unknowledgeable on drug/alcohol addiction.

There are millions of people who have no knowledge concerning addiction. And dozens of them have made comments on this thread. Most of them are of the mind that Josh only had a problem with weed and just needs to grow up and have 28 days in rehab and everything will be ok. Pot is his drug of choice. If he's not in contact with a sponsor and continually showing up to NA meetings each week, he will relapse.

Everyone should watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVWIELHQQY
Craig Ferguson--comedian and former late night tv host--gives an entertaining and sincere explanation about his problems with alcoholism.
Hey thanks for sharing your thoughts as well as the video, I hadn't seen that before. It was very helpful. Many people (including myself) lack perspective on these kinds of things, mainly because they're fortunate enough that they haven't had to see someone really close to them struggle with addiction like this. And that's not anyone's fault, you can't expect people to always be fully aware of every social issue. But it's important for all of us to keep an open mind about these things, and be engaged to listen and learn from someone's story so we can have a better understanding in the future.

It's similar to anyone who's ever seen their friend being super depressed all the time, and telling them "hey man you don't need to be depressed, just be happy there's so many things in life to be happy about, let's go do something that makes us happy!". It's just not as easy or simple as we like to think it is. I was personally guilty of responding to my friend's depression like this, and it wasn't until I had a mild episode of my own a few years later that I really started to understand what they had been going through. Fortunately, as more athletes and other high-profile people have been speaking up recently about their own battles with depression, we as a society are becoming better at understanding and handling an issue that is still taboo to an extent.

Anyway, I don't blame anyone for making assumptions on Gordon's last few years, it's been an odd story to the point that I don't even know what to believe anymore lol. But it's ignorant to pretend that we know the full story or know what's best for him. He seems to have a lot of respect and support from his peers, which is a positive sign that he does indeed have a problem that he's addressing and fixing, and isn't just being "stupid" or "irresponsible" like so many people can be quick to assume.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:15 am

AussieMate wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:36 pm Off-topic but I've been reading a bit about the MCG - have you ever been?
Yes once, not a big cricket fan but it's a good day out to have some drinks etc, (I'm assuming a similar atmosphere to baseball). Worth a trip if you ever make your way to aus, although be warned, Australia is in a bad spot with cricket atm.
[/quote]

Thanks appreciate it! :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:01 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lable-wk-1

Hue hopeful Gordon can be back for Week I.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:01 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 pm Well, I traded Gordon for a 1st round pick next year. Likely mid to early. Undersell?
I think this value is fine for Josh. If you are targeting the WR position alone, it’s unlikely that a player of Gotdon’s Talent will be there for you to pick. However, you’ll have a talented younger player who likely will not have the red flags that JG does either. So the trade is certainly fair.

If you’re a competing team in your league I’d personally rather have Gordon because he has the physical talent and upside to be a top 5 WR. He’s risky though. Of that there is no doubt.

I personally traded FOR JG in both my leagues. In one I gave up 1.7 and got JG + a late 2nd. In the other league I traded the 1.2 + Crabtree for 1.5 + Gordon.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:24 am

I think both of those trades are safe moves, I especially like the 1.02 deal, as I feel it can be a win for both sides.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:58 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:01 am
perkinsrooster wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 pm Well, I traded Gordon for a 1st round pick next year. Likely mid to early. Undersell?
I think this value is fine for Josh. If you are targeting the WR position alone, it’s unlikely that a player of Gotdon’s Talent will be there for you to pick. However, you’ll have a talented younger player who likely will not have the red flags that JG does either. So the trade is certainly fair.

If you’re a competing team in your league I’d personally rather have Gordon because he has the physical talent and upside to be a top 5 WR. He’s risky though. Of that there is no doubt.

I personally traded FOR JG in both my leagues. In one I gave up 1.7 and got JG + a late 2nd. In the other league I traded the 1.2 + Crabtree for 1.5 + Gordon.
I second the 1.02 deal... that was a great trade. You didn’t move that far back and got a high upside guy for an aging vet. Well done.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd