Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby AussieMate » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm When does Hard Knocks finish? Does it go for the entire pre-season?

Does that mean it is possible Gordon will not make an appearance in the pre-season - assuming that the reason is that he is trying to avoid being on Hard Knocks ...
While it is an assumption, I don't necessarily buy it. Gordon did a documentary on his rehab. If he wanted to stay out of the spotlight, camera's etc, why go out of your way to put yourself into it,why put that out there? Catharsis, maybe? IDK, but I think there is more to it than the hard knocks thing, personally. They are meeting with Dez soon, too, which also makes me wonder, if they were so convinced he was coming back, why bother? I'll believe it when I see it, with 10 GP in 4 years and counting.
I think that is different, with his doco he would have control, soon it the way he wants. With Hard Knocks he has no control over what is shown/said and maybe that set off his anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and 90% of it more me is about control. I'd hate to have cameras on me during a training session but I could definitely do my own where I can say "cut this" or edit out times I've slacked off haha

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Jason wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:11 am Screenshot_4.jpg

Says Josh Gordon can be tested up to 10 times a month.
Thanks Jason, I find it hard to believe that he has relapsed then bailed out of there to hide, if he is getting tested even 2-3 times a month. 1 hit and he's out of the league so unless Goodell is waiting for him to come back to announce his termination then I'm confident it's Gordon worried about relapsing so pre-emptively took himself.
I could be very wrong so we will find out in the next 2 weeks.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Thanks Jason, I find it hard to believe that he has relapsed then bailed out of there to hide, if he is getting tested even 2-3 times a month. 1 hit and he's out of the league so unless Goodell is waiting for him to come back to announce his termination then I'm confident it's Gordon worried about relapsing so pre-emptively took himself.
Or...Gordon failing a test isn’t something the NFL wants to see either. Since he’s put himself into a “safe place” of sorts, or essentially a clinic I’m assuming, the NFL is actively using this as an excuse NOT to test him right now because they don’t want to know. Gordon is a redemption story they want to have; a ticket seller. He brings a lot of local and national interest to a long suffering team.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Or...Gordon failing a test isn’t something the NFL wants to see either. Since he’s put himself into a “safe place” of sorts, or essentially a clinic I’m assuming, the NFL is actively using this as an excuse NOT to test him right now because they don’t want to know. Gordon is a redemption story they want to have; a ticket seller. He brings a lot of local and national interest to a long suffering team.
They could have done that numerous times, or chosen not to test him as often. Regardless, his time away from the team severely hurts his upside when he does come back, or IF he comes back. Physical skills are great, but reps with your team and QB are always a good thing. I'm interested to see if they sign Dez. If they do, I'm really going to question whether or not Gordon plays week 1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm

TMZ saying Gordon could be facing jail time for failing to pay child support (missed his Aug 1 deadline). His attorney says that he wont get his first paycheck till Sep 9.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Well its not drug related, so that's a positive!!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Thank God lol.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:04 pm

i guess according to the NFL
pot head > woman beater > dead beat dad
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis

RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 pm

How much is his child support that he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover it?
How little does he have in the bank?

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 pm How much is his child support that he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover it?
Are you going to start a go-fund-me for Josh Gordon so he can play football again?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:43 pm How much is his child support that he doesn't have enough in the bank to cover it?
It's almost certainly substantial as it would've been based on his base earnings and would've made no adjustment for the suspension. You would think the team would consider offering a bridge loan, if its that serious.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:40 pm

kamihamster wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm TMZ saying Gordon could be facing jail time for failing to pay child support (missed his Aug 1 deadline). His attorney says that he wont get his first paycheck till Sep 9.
I actually see this as a very useful part of the Josh Gordon puzzle for fantasy owners. If he is simply a deadbeat not paying child support, then that would not fit with taking personal responsibility which I assume is part of the healing/counseling process for addiction. In that case, very bad for fantasy. On the other hand, if the judge does not send him to jail, then I would think it means his financial situation is dire. In that case, it is good for dynasty because he is not intentionally being a deadbeat and has the added motivation to stay clean and earn some serious money because he is broke.

I recall reading that he had to pay $6-7,000/month for one of his two children. I do not know anything about child support for the other child.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:02 pm

dm1129 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:40 pm
kamihamster wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm TMZ saying Gordon could be facing jail time for failing to pay child support (missed his Aug 1 deadline). His attorney says that he wont get his first paycheck till Sep 9.
I actually see this as a very useful part of the Josh Gordon puzzle for fantasy owners. If he is simply a deadbeat not paying child support, then that would not fit with taking personal responsibility which I assume is part of the healing/counseling process for addiction. In that case, very bad for fantasy. On the other hand, if the judge does not send him to jail, then I would think it means his financial situation is dire. In that case, it is good for dyanasty because he is not intentionally being a deadbeat and has the added motivation to stay clean and earn some serious money because he is broke.

I recall reading that he had to pay $6-7,000/month for one of his two children. I do not know anything about child support for the other child.
Good point. It's one thing if your actions just affect you, it's another when they affect others. Some people that's enough to effect change, some not. Gordon doesn't strike me as a bad person, just troubled. I'm also seeing reports that the Browns expect him back soon, that the doctors think he is good to go for the season, and he's stayed clean. The big picture looks good for him. I'm hoping that this legal issue can be dealt with quickly and he can focus on football.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

I'd like to add a third point to my first two.

How do you spend $6-7k per month on a kid?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm How do you spend $6-7k per month on a kid?
Child support payments aren't consistent. Relative to his income, that's very little. In many cases, child support is very costly to the point that the individual paying them has very little left for themselves.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.