Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Tsunami wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 pm
So right now? I would pay a very late First, or a 2nd if I could get away with it. I'd rather have Gordon than a guy like John Ross, Zay Jones, Donta Foreman, Perine, etc
Sounds like you're halfway to admitting you were wrong but you're still wrong. Let us Gordon owners know when you're ready to give up an early 1st for a 26 year old elite WR.
Hilton is a 27-year old elite WR (without the TD-potential Gordon offers), and his value is right around the 1.01. Given the huge risk Gordon still offers, in that one bad test means he's dead to the NFL, he's still not an early First. Now, the 1.06-08? Sure.

As has already been stated, his value won't be accurately gaugeable until startups - when all assets exist in a vacuum.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Jason wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 pm ...fantasy football is supposed to be fun (unless you play in high stakes leagues, then it's about pillaging the less fortunate lol).
Pillaging can be fun...

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Jason wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 pm I think anyone who's followed him on social media, seen his interviews and watched the documentaries on him can see he's got some intelligence and self awareness that these other lost causes just don't have. I don't think he's a Lawrence Phillips or a Titus Young or a Tre Mason or a Justin Blackmon or an Aldon Smith. I think there's a very real chance Martavis Bryant ends up in this category at some point because he's still exhibiting jackass behavior but that's a whole other can of worms lol.
One difference is that all of those guys got in legal trouble after being suspended and have also done jail time while Gordon and Martavis have mostly stayed out of trouble.

Martavis has been a good citizen since being suspended by the team and humbled and Big Ben has started to look for him again deep and on 3rd downs. 4 catches in the last game is not a lot but it's a step in the right direction especially now with Juju displaying some immaturity with the taunting penalty and suspension. Steelers know they need everyone on the same page to beat the Patriots and Martavis is a huge X factor.

It's just too easy to generalize and lump all these guys together but it's definitely always much more complicated.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 am

This is simple. If you have him don't sell. His value is going WAY up if he ends up putting up league winner numbers in the playoffs. Given the targets he got game 1 I don't see how you lose holding for at least another month.
You've held your risky investment this long and for me it is worth waiting 6-9 more months while you watch that stock go through the roof...I mean that is ideal but I think his value goes up regardless of how he does, at least everyday he doesn't get suspended. Every gambler knows its pointless to be the guy holding the Aces if you are afraid to bet on them
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 am The duck test is sufficient enough in Gordon's case. Anyone who defends a friendship with Johnny Manziel, has repeat suspensions, and multiple arrests, it's not a stretch to classify him as an addict.

If you feel that Gordon is a simple case of an immature youth, you are dead wrong, and time has and will continue to prove it.

The only reason why I'd pick up Gordon, is if he came back and I am able to obtain him for free off waivers. And I would ONLY be looking to sell him as soon as he had a good game. Because he would be suspended again.
Well, I have been a Josh Gordon owner since November 2nd. I spent 68% of my waiver $ to add him, oddly enough it was exactly a year since I won the claim for Tyreek Hill.

I immediately posted that Gordon was available for trades. Little interest was garnered. I elected to hold onto him for the remainder of the season. The trade deadline passed a few weeks ago. One team wanted to come to an agreement in which I'd trade him Gordon for his 2nd round pick in 2020, I denied him.

And now, I'm looking at my roster. I have a strong sense of Crabtree--my WR3--could be fantasy irrelevant next season. Question marks arise from Wakins in free agency, Kelvin needing arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason. All of this happening while Josh Gordon has proven that he's still a WR1.

I would love to be wrong about Josh Gordon and have him succeed. I've always enjoyed watching him, and it would obviously be more enjoyable now that he's on my team. However, I still don't know if I could pass up a 1st round pick for him. One relapse, and he could be done.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 am The duck test is sufficient enough in Gordon's case. Anyone who defends a friendship with Johnny Manziel, has repeat suspensions, and multiple arrests, it's not a stretch to classify him as an addict.

If you feel that Gordon is a simple case of an immature youth, you are dead wrong, and time has and will continue to prove it.

The only reason why I'd pick up Gordon, is if he came back and I am able to obtain him for free off waivers. And I would ONLY be looking to sell him as soon as he had a good game. Because he would be suspended again.
Well, I have been a Josh Gordon owner since November 2nd. I spent 68% of my waiver $ to add him, oddly enough it was exactly a year since I won the claim for Tyreek Hill.

I immediately posted that Gordon was available for trades. Little interest was garnered. I elected to hold onto him for the remainder of the season. The trade deadline passed a few weeks ago. One team wanted to come to an agreement in which I'd trade him Gordon for his 2nd round pick in 2020, I denied him.

And now, I'm looking at my roster. I have a strong sense of Crabtree--my WR3--could be fantasy irrelevant next season. Question marks arise from Wakins in free agency, Kelvin needing arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason. All of this happening while Josh Gordon has proven that he's still a WR1.

I would love to be wrong about Josh Gordon and have him succeed. I've always enjoyed watching him, and it would obviously be more enjoyable now that he's on my team. However, I still don't know if I could pass up a 1st round pick for him. One relapse, and he could be done.
Or you could completely whiff on your pick.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:43 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm Or you could completely whiff on your pick.
An incredibly astute observation.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:43 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm Or you could completely whiff on your pick.
An incredibly astute observation.
Can't tell if sarcasm, but it really is. People seem to act like picks are money in the bank when they really are nothing but a crap shoot. I would rather have Gordon over any pick outside of 1.01-1.03. He is elite and the bust rate for him(drugs) is no higher than the bust rate of rookies.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Josh Gordon: Buy now?

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 pm

I just bought Josh Gordon. Figured I'd swing for the fence on him by trading away the #7 pick and getting Josh Gordon along with the #30 pick.

I figured the farther through the off season that Gordon gets without getting suspended the more comfortable his owner will be that he'll play in 2018. And, I have a feeling that if he has turned his life around he has a legit shot at being a top 10 WR next season. His ceiling is getting into the top 5. I felt like that talent was worth rolling the dice on this troubled 26 year old.

So, now that I've made the trade I'm looking for your best guess as to what to expect out of Josh Gordon's future.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Re: Josh Gordon: Buy now?

Postby kamihamster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

OBJ, Nuk, AB, JG12... i guess i predict him as the WR4... just as long as Kizer is not the QB again
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm

If you believe in Josh Gordon the time to buy was a while ago.

No way I would touch him at his current prices. He just is not as good as his truthers will say and there is a large amount of risk.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm

I like Gordon, but I think he could struggle under Haley and we have no idea what to expect from Mayfield (if they go that direction) or any of the potential rookies that Cleveland will bring in.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm I like Gordon, but I think he could struggle under Haley and we have no idea what to expect from Mayfield (if they go that direction) or any of the potential rookies that Cleveland will bring in.
Absolutely! But, at the same time many of us had zero faith in him before he hit the field again. Now, it's an interesting middle ground. Most of the time you can't find a top 10 WR who is 26 years old with top 5 WR upside for the #7 pick (and I got a late 2nd rounder back).

He's in this strange spot where he presents a huge upside based on what he's done in the past and now how he looked upon his return...but he also is a HUGE risk because he has yet to make it through a year without getting suspended.

I watched this and I thought, "why not take the shot?" If he tests positive for drugs again, he's gone. But, if he doesn't, he could be the best trade you make this off season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90YP4ntJUQs
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

He is not someone I would suggest investing in. I hope he stays clean and healthy but addiction is a bug that can bite at any time. Too much risk to pay a first for him.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Too much risk for me. I got burned badly and wont' be back. I hope he does really well though and wish him nothing but success. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can overcome addiction. That said, unless I get him for a really cheap price I'll pass on the risk.