Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby flashgordon12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm

I would rather have Gordon than Hurns. I know I'm in the minority here, but hey, it's my guy.
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:41 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 am
ericanadian wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:40 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 am

Do you disagree? I can't tell if you're joshin' me, or if you truly have that mindset of, 'Yea, ok dude. Why the hell should I listen to some random guy on a message board who thinks he knows more than me?'. If the latter is the case, look up information on addiction for yourself. More people need to read actual facts from learned medical professionals, instead of bullshit political agendas. Perfect example, morons pushing the idea of how marijuana is perfectly healthy and NFL players should be allowed to use it to combat their physical pain.
You're psychoanalyzing a person you've never met and declaring him an addict. Further, he's largely a back of the roster guy for most people, so speaking of probabilities is meaningless when the guys he's replacing are all low- probability of success. I have Sammy, Julio, Dez, Kupp and Lee ahead of him in the one league I own him. I could drop him, but when the best available receivers are guys like Kamar Aiken & ArDarius Stewart, it makes no sense to do so.
I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you taking the first sentence and trying to throw it in my face because he's an addict? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. How you came to that conclusion was still wrong.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:06 pm

HAHAHA, were you on the OJ jury? Hell, you'd probably believe he were innocent if he had been on your fantasy team.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 pm

This is very encouraging. I don’t know if or when he will be reinstated. I don’t know if he will be able to contribute in the NFL again. I do happen to think both will happen but regardless I am going to accept this interview as sincere.

I am 3 years and just over 1 month sober myself. I smashed every substance I could get my hands on from age 17-33. Now I never lost a job or a relationship with a child because of it but I was and always will be an addict just as Josh Gordon was and always will be. I was well into my third month of sobriety when my alcoholic and addict mindset had finally lifted. There is a reason rehab stints are the length they are. At that point and ever since I was able to completely open up and be honest with myself and anybody who would listen. I would sit down in front of my pastor, my in laws or a job interviewer right now and tell them everything I have ever done with absolutely 0 shame or guilt. I’ll do this because my old self is dead.

Now we all know that the chance relapse is always present. None of us know how Gordon’s story will end. However, if you’re looking for a reason to buy into Josh Gordon or some confirmation for already doing so, in my opinion this is a good one.

My favorite part is when he was asked if he had failed a drug test because the coach did not get him the cleanser in time. He then replied that he had failed the test because he was getting high. Yes! That’s good stuff and probably not an answer he would had given in the past.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm

flashgordon12 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm I would rather have Gordon than Hurns. I know I'm in the minority here, but hey, it's my guy.
Never would have thought that. :lol:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm Geez, there is no way of being clear and concise in this forum without everyone looking/creating, their own meaning, for the sake of argument.
You have your idea of "clear and concise" and it's just that. Your intention when you're typing your posts. You have an opinion that you want to convey, and when you've finished composing your thoughts I imagine you feel pretty confident that you've done a good job getting the point across and it's crystal clear. To you...

What Valhalla is saying is that your meaning/intent/ribbing/joking isn't as clear to anyone reading your post because there's no verbal cues to go by. No body language. Just black and white text open to differing interpretations. That's the nature of the Internet, and it's a real problem for those who choose to communicate "socially" via the medium.

What's meant in fun to you isn't always so clear to another. And that's not to say they're stupid, deficient, or overly sensitive. Or to say that you're trying to be an a*s. I'm not making that assertion. I'm agreeing with Valhalla that what we can't get from written word is nuance.

That's partly why we as a society have largely lost the ability to respectfully disagree and debate with one another. As soon as we read a response that we interpret as threatening, snarky, dismissive, aggressive, or generally distasteful we lash out in kind and things devolve into a war of words. People rarely disagree face-to-face these days and engage each other in respectful discourse about anything. That's a shame, because slowly but surely we're losing the ability to truly communicate about much or anything unless it's done with assistance of a keyboard or a smartphone.

As for Josh, I think he'll get another shot as long as he promises to stand for the National Anthem. Which, but the way, I'm wondering why it's even a part of sporting events? Do we raise the flag before Metallica comes out to shred? How about when spending a night at the theater, or the opera? Do we decide to get patriotic before a PTA meeting, or our 12-step programs? How about our kid's soccer game, or bingo night at the grange? Just wondering... I'm not sure why this is such a vital part of sporting events in the first place. But it appears that the league will now mandate how players behave for this ritual unrelated to sport (aside from the Olympics).

End rum-fueled rant. Carry on ladies and gentlemen. :wink:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

minnesota muscle
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby minnesota muscle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm in the camp who believe Josh Gordon will never play another down in the NFL. I would not use a roster spot for him even at the league minimum.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 pm This is very encouraging. I don’t know if or when he will be reinstated. I don’t know if he will be able to contribute in the NFL again. I do happen to think both will happen but regardless I am going to accept this interview as sincere.

I am 3 years and just over 1 month sober myself. I smashed every substance I could get my hands on from age 17-33. Now I never lost a job or a relationship with a child because of it but I was and always will be an addict just as Josh Gordon was and always will be. I was well into my third month of sobriety when my alcoholic and addict mindset had finally lifted. There is a reason rehab stints are the length they are. At that point and ever since I was able to completely open up and be honest with myself and anybody who would listen. I would sit down in front of my pastor, my in laws or a job interviewer right now and tell them everything I have ever done with absolutely 0 shame or guilt. I’ll do this because my old self is dead.

Now we all know that the chance relapse is always present. None of us know how Gordon’s story will end. However, if you’re looking for a reason to buy into Josh Gordon or some confirmation for already doing so, in my opinion this is a good one.

My favorite part is when he was asked if he had failed a drug test because the coach did not get him the cleanser in time. He then replied that he had failed the test because he was getting high. Yes! That’s good stuff and probably not an answer he would had given in the past.
Great post! Congratulations !

Stay strong my friend.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:13 pm This is very encouraging. I don’t know if or when he will be reinstated. I don’t know if he will be able to contribute in the NFL again. I do happen to think both will happen but regardless I am going to accept this interview as sincere.

That part of the video also stuck out to me. It's good to hear that he's beginning to take responsibility for his actions. I might be an optimist, but I feel like he may have turned a corner. I only hope that he has the support system in place to keep him on the right path. Hopefully, JG will be treated like Martavis and will have to have that system in place to keep him clean before being reinstated. I would love to have JG back in my lineup sooner than later, but I moreso want him to be able to be there for his daughter and be a part of her life.

Congrats to you on your sobriety. Keep up the good fight.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Congrats man on your sobriety!
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:31 pm

MarcoPolo25 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Congrats man on your sobriety!
x2! Congrats and keep it up!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 pm

you are an inspiration! Way to go...you should be proud! Total respect :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Josh Gordon was just named as the new director of the National Institute of Mental Helath.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... da071861c1

But seriously, I just got offered Enunwa for Gordon. It would free up a roster spot as Enunwa is on IR. There has been no Josh Gordon news in a couple weeks. I know I'm going to feel stupid no matter what I do. Who is going to be worth more come next August?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 pm

If you believe in Gordons talent then why does it matter? If the goal is to flip a player for some kind of profit keep Enunwa but if you want to take a shot (however long) on WR1 potential then Gordon. Personally, if Gordon never plays again, I am not going to feel any regret because I missed trading him away for a 4th or an Enunwa. 4th round picks and Enunwas are easy to come by.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:06 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:51 pm If you believe in Gordons talent then why does it matter? If the goal is to flip a player for some kind of profit keep Enunwa but if you want to take a shot (however long) on WR1 potential then Gordon. Personally, if Gordon never plays again, I am not going to feel any regret because I missed trading him away for a 4th or an Enunwa. 4th round picks and Enunwas are easy to come by.
Depends on the depth of the league, but I mostly agree with this.
In a 16 team start 3-4 WRs type of setting where WR depth is hard to come by, Enuwa carries real value. In shallower leagues, I'd rather shoot for the possible real contender contributor. Starting Enuwa doesn't make you a contender.