Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Tsunami wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 am Show me the quote in which I state the opioid problem in America is NOT a problem. You're putting words in my mouth in order to state your own agenda.

Marijuana addiction ruined my brothers life and nearly ruined mine. All marijuana was to my brother was an easily attainable high. He eventually escalated to prescription pills, flunked out of nursing school, and now has tons of student debt to go along with his addiction problems.

I however, used to be ignorant like you. Saying how marijuana is simply a plant and how antiquated the legal system is when classifying it with "harder" drugs. Bullshit, all of it. Marijuana made me a loser. And marijuana has permanently made my brother a loser.
My brother was a rocket surgeon but he lost his job because he showed up drunk one day. Now he can't afford his mortgage and his wife left him. Alcohol made him a loser. So alcohol should be illegal for everyone.

My other brother got into a car accident. It wasn't his fault, a deer stepped out into the road and someone swerved into him. He couldn't get to work so he lost his job. Now he has no income and a large hospital bill. Driving made him a loser. So cars should be illegal for everyone. Deer should too.

My other other brother got shot by a mass murderer. He's dead now, so he lost his job. Guns made him a loser. So guns should be illegal for everyone.

Edit: Oh yeah, Josh Gordon. Umm, Josh Gordon lost his job because he drank too much water. You get where this is going.
Lol, no I'm not that simple and your assumptions are incorrect. If it were up to me, ALL drugs would be legalized.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:51 pm

Slackalacker wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:47 pm I'm sure if the browns don't want him the Giants would love to have him.
Even though there's a 99.9999% chance of this not happening, why does this statement get me excited. JG a NYG, I can get on board!
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Well you can scratch Miami off the list of possible destinations after that video was just released of their OL coach snorting lines of cocaine :lol:

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:18 pm

flashgordon12 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:51 pm
Slackalacker wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:47 pm I'm sure if the browns don't want him the Giants would love to have him.
Even though there's a 99.9999% chance of this not happening, why does this statement get me excited. JG a NYG, I can get on board!
Who wouldn't want him! I'd love him to come over to Seattle but the whole legal pot thing probably isn't the best route for him to take.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 am

Would expect some resolution by week 8 so that he gets credit for a season (assuming the Browns keep him). I believe that would make him a FA next year? I've lost track of how many seasons he's actually fulfilled but I think that's the case.

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 am

He is still under contract for one more year with Cleveland
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Boy oh boy. Nothing gets people hot under the collar on this board like the thought that someone might still have hope for Josh Gordon. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop talking in absolutes. None of us know anything. He may be an unsalvageable addict with no redeeming value. He may get his bleep together and play well in the NFL again. But let's stop getting so damn ANGRY about it.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Well we can’t debate politics or the thread gets locked.
We can’t debate religion or the thread gets locked.
We can’t debate taking a knee during the anthem or the thread gets locked.

Only thing we can do is talk Josh Gordon.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

This is my first post of any kind in any Josh Gordon thread, and I feel a little dirty doing it. But since this is to make fun of Gordon ... why not? :-)

Below is a link to a DGB and Titus Young poll that was posted before DGB's rookie year. Maybe we should re-run the poll now with DGB and Gordon?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=99139&p=843798&hili ... ng#p843798

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 pm

I remember the poll. Good stuff. What troublemaker should we run alongside Gordon?
I mean DGB can't even stay on a team so not sure that is much contest in who will play more games. I mean maybe we treat it like a sudden death overtime and ask "who plays in the next NFL game from today forward?"

Anyway I think Gordon will eventually be re-instated because it is what the NFL does...who he plays for or when he plays is another matter entirely but I bet the browns could get a 4th or 5th for him
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Here is a Gordon poll question, allowing the people to vote "yes" to as many as they think are true:

Does Gordon get reinstated?
Does Gordon get signed by an NFL team?
Goes Gordon play in an NFL regular season game?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:31 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:39 pm Here is a Gordon poll question, allowing the people to vote "yes" to as many as they think are true:

Does Gordon get reinstated?
Does Gordon get signed by an NFL team?
Goes Gordon play in an NFL regular season game?
Yx3

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am

TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:35 am

flashgordon12 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3Vc ... t=N4M8xKh5

Worth a watch
Yeah. Eye opening experience for the guy.
Kinda speaks to the systemic problems with drugs in this country though. They are totally OK by most people but the laws say they aren't. Always going to create a conflict especially in young people.

Anyway like I said before...he will be back. NFL loves their second chance stories
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 am

Even if Josh Gordon stays clean and gets reinstated, what kind of level is he going to play at? He hasn't played much football the last handful of years. I don't care what kind of natural talent he is, not playing will make him rusty. Skills do erode. I think we saw a glimpse of that the last time he played. He didn't look nearly as explosive as he once was. Can he overcome that by playing? Who knows. There's so much risk with him that I don't think he's worth buying. If you have been holding though, you might as well keep holding