Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Josh Gordon Reinstatement

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Josh Gordon will never play an entire season again, cut him.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Josh Gordon will play an entire season again, don't cut him.
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

QB- Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
RB- MGIII, Mixon, Cohen, Devonta Freeman
WR- AB, Odell Beckham Jr., Josh Gordon, Tyler Boyd, Marqise Lee, Sutton, MVS
TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 pm

flashgordon12 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm Josh Gordon will play an entire season again, don't cut him.
In the CFL?

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 pm

flashgordon12 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm Josh Gordon will play an entire season again, don't cut him.
Please explain your rationale. In a previous thread you were unaware of the problems Gordon and other addicts face. I don't mean that as in insult, it's actually extraordinary how everyone in America knows an addict. And yet, most do not understand the problems of addiction.

HERE ARE THE BASICS, for all of the Josh Gordon owners. Josh Gordon is an addict. This is not a simple case of having fun and smoking pot from time to time. He is not normal, he can't be around alcohol and drugs, he will use and use to excess, eventually becoming a danger to himself and possibly others around him.

He will NOT be cured of addiction after a 28 day stint in rehab!!! That's not how it works. Josh Gordon doesn't think he has a problem. He only attends rehab because his agency, management, and the Browns force him to. That's why he hasn't been reinstated, he still has a problem.

A person typically seeks help after they've hit rock bottom and the only proven way to combat addiction is to attend the meetings EVERY WEEK, discussing addiction problems with fellow addicts who understand. This is not bullshit after school special material, these are basic facts about addiction.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:40 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 pm
Please explain your rationale. In a previous thread you were unaware of the problems Gordon and other addicts face. I don't mean that as in insult, it's actually extraordinary how everyone in America knows an addict. And yet, most do not understand the problems of addiction.

HERE ARE THE BASICS, for all of the Josh Gordon owners. Josh Gordon is an addict. This is not a simple case of having fun and smoking pot from time to time. He is not normal, he can't be around alcohol and drugs, he will use and use to excess, eventually becoming a danger to himself and possibly others around him.

He will NOT be cured of addiction after a 28 day stint in rehab!!! That's not how it works. Josh Gordon doesn't think he has a problem. He only attends rehab because his agency, management, and the Browns force him to. That's why he hasn't been reinstated, he still has a problem.

A person typically seeks help after they've hit rock bottom and the only proven way to combat addiction is to attend the meetings EVERY WEEK, discussing addiction problems with fellow addicts who understand. This is not bullshit after school special material, these are basic facts about addiction.
Thanks Dr. Message Board psychologist!
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 am

K - Just a stupid kicker

lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:40 am Thanks Dr. Message Board psychologist!
Do you disagree? I can't tell if you're joshin' me, or if you truly have that mindset of, 'Yea, ok dude. Why the hell should I listen to some random guy on a message board who thinks he knows more than me?'. If the latter is the case, look up information on addiction for yourself. More people need to read actual facts from learned medical professionals, instead of bullshit political agendas. Perfect example, morons pushing the idea of how marijuana is perfectly healthy and NFL players should be allowed to use it to combat their physical pain.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 am

As someone with a medical background, I know what addiction means. I also know you have no insight into this guys life whatsoever. He might not come back, but how can any of us really know. All I do know is that I'm rooting for him and hope that he does figure everything out. Oh, and that ALL CAPS BOLD TEXT IS TOTALLY FRIVOLOUS AND UNNECESSARY.
Flash in the Pan: 12 team PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1DEF) 25 man rosters

TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 am

Like you just said, "how can any of us really know". You aren't following your own advice.

Obviously I don't know Josh Gordon. But if you look at the patterns, one can easily assume that he is not sober. And I know most people believe every individual is special and a delicate snowflake, unique in their own way. But no, that's bullshit. We all assume, judge, and go with the laws of the probability because they often provide the eventual outcome.

And I hope Josh Gordon beats this for himself. If he comes back to play football, even better, for all of us. An amazing talent. However, one doesn't come back to the NFL after a 3 year break without losing a step.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

flashgordon12
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby flashgordon12 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am

Dude... I was just lampooning a statement you had made earlier. I have no clue if he'll play again. Just chill out, man.

TE- Gronk, Higbee
DEF- Denver

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 am

I can't find details which isn't surprising as I think should be confidential unless released by him. Does he have a sponsor? Is he attending 12 steps meetings? Is he proving evidence of abstinence from mood altering substances?
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 am

Sgtpsych wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 am I can't find details which isn't surprising as I think should be confidential unless released by him. Does he have a sponsor? Is he attending 12 steps meetings? Is he proving evidence of abstinence from mood altering substances?
Last I heard, he completed another stint in rehab but has yet to apply for reinstatement. And he's training with a former Olympian, to get back into shape.

But in the Summer of 2016 he was going to Coachella with Johnny Manziel, and trashing a rental home with him. And then defended his relationship with Johnny to the media. So I doubt he has turned a big corner in his recovery.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:27 am

flashgordon12 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am Dude... I was just lampooning a statement you had made earlier. I have no clue if he'll play again. Just chill out, man.
I am chill broseph.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:31 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 am
Sgtpsych wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 am I can't find details which isn't surprising as I think should be confidential unless released by him. Does he have a sponsor? Is he attending 12 steps meetings? Is he proving evidence of abstinence from mood altering substances?
Last I heard, he completed another stint in rehab but has yet to apply for reinstatement. And he's training with a former Olympian, to get back into shape.

But in the Summer of 2016 he was going to Coachella with Johnny Manziel, and trashing a rental home with him. And then defended his relationship with Johnny to the media. So I doubt he has turned a big corner in his recovery.
So it seems like the lightbulb or wake up call has not happened yet. I agree that he will be in recovery for his entire career one way or another if he gets another shot.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:40 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:26 am
ericanadian wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:40 am Thanks Dr. Message Board psychologist!
Do you disagree? I can't tell if you're joshin' me, or if you truly have that mindset of, 'Yea, ok dude. Why the hell should I listen to some random guy on a message board who thinks he knows more than me?'. If the latter is the case, look up information on addiction for yourself. More people need to read actual facts from learned medical professionals, instead of bullshit political agendas. Perfect example, morons pushing the idea of how marijuana is perfectly healthy and NFL players should be allowed to use it to combat their physical pain.
You're psychoanalyzing a person you've never met and declaring him an addict. Further, he's largely a back of the roster guy for most people, so speaking of probabilities is meaningless when the guys he's replacing are all low- probability of success. I have Sammy, Julio, Dez, Kupp and Lee ahead of him in the one league I own him. I could drop him, but when the best available receivers are guys like Kamar Aiken & ArDarius Stewart, it makes no sense to do so.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker