Kenneth Dixon Value *PVP POLL* 5/1/17

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What's the MOST you'd pay for Kenneth Dixon, using rookie picks?

1.06-1.09
10%
1.10-1.12
18%
2.01-2.04
29%
2.05-2.08
17%
2.09-2.12
15%
3rd or less
11%

Total votes: 174

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kenneth Dixon Value *PVP POLL* 5/1/17

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu May 25, 2017 2:36 pm

maxhyde wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:31 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 am
maxhyde wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 am I think I might be more on Concept Coop's side of this.
Dixon is nowhere near a 1st for me but if you want to choose him over the round 4/5 RB's like Joe Williams/Jamaal Williams/Gallman/Mack/McNichols I am OK with that...just don't think it is a slam dunk he is better than any of them or having a bigger role than any going forward either. He should get a good shot to be the guy in BAL but West wasn't horrible last year either and I think Woodhead is going to keep being Woodhead so it isn't like anyone in BAL is heading for bellcow territory imo

If I were solely measuring based on strength of class (flawed I know) but 5th round picks this year I might prefer over 5ths from last year
FWIW, I think Dixon was a 4th rounder. But what he's got that the rookies don't is that he actually flashed success in the NFL. Maybe it's cherry picking, but I choose to ignore his first few games back from injury when he was wearing a brace. Just looking at his last 8 games yields some pretty good numbers. Only 240 snaps for 73 carries, but still promising. There were early round RBs like Chris Henry, Brandon Jackson, Trent Richardson that never had a decent 8 game stretch like that. Given the poor success rate of 4th/5th round guys, I'll take the guy who actually looked legit for 8 games over a guy without a single NFL carry.
Right so the only thing he has is a year in a different league...and a suspension in said league. Not sure you can hold that against prospect this year...it is in the pro column for Dixon already from what I see and know so i won't count it again as a con in the new prospects.
He looked legit 'at times'. He looked very much like a rookie at times too. It wasn't like every carry he was busting things up and ripping big chunks making me rush out and give up 2 1st round picks
A year in a "different" league? No, it's not like he's got a year in the CFL. He's got a year in the NFL and you should weigh that. Success in the NFL shouldn't be taken lightly. A lot of guys look good in college and lost in the NFL. Fantasy football is a probability game. If you're comparing Dixon to guys drafted in rounds 2-5 of the 2017 draft, you should take into account that probably over 50% of those guys will be busts. Ignoring that would be foolish. I think we've seen enough of Dixon (4.9 ypc in last 8 games without the knee brace) to know he won't be a bust from a talent perspective. And I'm not sure what you are talking about giving up 2 1st round picks. The people I'd be comparing him to would be like Kamara, Hunt, Perine...

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Sure.
I guess that is the difference for me in that I would probably roll the dice on all those guys over Dixon. Either drafted earlier (Kamara/Hunt) in what I think is a better RB class or with less to fight through (Perine) for a decent role.
I own Dixon in places so I hope he isn't a bust but I would swap him for any of those guys today.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Fri May 26, 2017 5:43 am

maxhyde wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm Sure.
I guess that is the difference for me in that I would probably roll the dice on all those guys over Dixon. Either drafted earlier (Kamara/Hunt) in what I think is a better RB class or with less to fight through (Perine) for a decent role.
I own Dixon in places so I hope he isn't a bust but I would swap him for any of those guys today.
Hah. It's that kind of thinking that makes selling draft picks and buying veterans the profitable thing to do during this time of the year.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 26, 2017 7:28 am

It isn't profitable if he is even with them or worse, only if he is alot better. Gamble I am willing to take. We'll find out in a couple years I guess
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 6:04 am I don't see the irony. Looking at the season carefully, you'll notice West's snaps declined as Dixon got healthy. Dixon was the better runner (last 8 games, 73 carries @ 4.9 vs. 82 @ 4.0). And the all important stat for PPR leagues, Dixon had 35 targets vs. 27. Baltimore clearly brought Dixon up to speed slowly, though, but he still outsnapped West 240 to 205 during those last 8 games.

Plus, if Baltimore really liked West wouldn't they have locked him up for a few years rather than 1-year $1.8M? That's cheap even for a backup. But not drafting an RB is definitely a vote of confidence in West. I just think it means they trust him to hold the fort down until Dixon gets back from suspension. Dixon is clearly the guy with upside whereas the book seems to be written on West. Occasionally you see later bloomers (Thomas Jones) but it's usually on their second team. West has been on 3 teams so far and looked pedestrian on all of them. Injuries held Dixon back, but he at least showed promise of high upside in his last 8 games.

I'm a Jamaal Williams fan (not Joe) but still I'd take Dixon over him. I like 3 down backs. JW is a 2 down back. I'd only consider him in 0ppr leagues. Both Dixon and Jamaal have upside as goal line backs, though.
You make a plausible argument for Dixon being the head of that committee by the end of the year. If and when that happens, he'll be good for low end RB2 numbers for a few weeks. Any projection beyond that requires taking a stand on him as a talent. I think he's an average and rotational talent who would be replaced fairly easily. You think he's more than that. In your shoes, it makes sense to be excited that he only has West and Woodhead in front of him. From my perspective, it really doesn't mean much.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 am

Concept Coop wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm You make a plausible argument for Dixon being the head of that committee by the end of the year. If and when that happens, he'll be good for low end RB2 numbers for a few weeks. Any projection beyond that requires taking a stand on him as a talent. I think he's an average and rotational talent who would be replaced fairly easily. You think he's more than that. In your shoes, it makes sense to be excited that he only has West and Woodhead in front of him. From my perspective, it really doesn't mean much.
Well, that certainly explains our different stances on him. I think West is the average/rotational talent and it seemed Dixon was a much better player than him once he got healthy. So either we were watching different games or you must think West is even worse than I do. If the Ravens felt the way you do then they probably would've drafted or signed someone to take most of the snaps. Hard to imagine them going into the season thinking they've got nothing but JAGs at RB.

I guess we'll find out in about 5 months...

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 am

Not very knowledgeable with NFL suspensions, is there any chance Dixon applies and gets his suspension reduced to 2 games? Apparently it was just a badly mixed protein drink or whatever that got him the positive test...anyone know more?
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:52 am

Warwick9 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 am Not very knowledgeable with NFL suspensions, is there any chance Dixon applies and gets his suspension reduced to 2 games? Apparently it was just a badly mixed protein drink or whatever that got him the positive test...anyone know more?
Good question, but I googled Kenneth Dixon appeal and absolutely nothing came up, so I think this might be one of those things that's written in stone. If something is deemed a PED then it's 4 games no matter what, but if it is something like weed (LeVeon Bell) then an appeal is possible.

But it's whatever. 4 games will keep his value down in redraft and I've got the depth to cover him in dynasty. Hopefully he'll have fresh legs for the fantasy playoffs due to the missed games...

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Via Roto
Ravens senior offensive assistant Greg Roman said, "I'm looking forward to [Terrance West] toting the rock this year."

West has been considered the Ravens' starter during Kenneth Dixon's four-game suspension, but Roman is suggesting that West will not be benched when Dixon returns. Earlier this month, ESPN's Jamison Hensley called West the "unquestioned starter." Dixon and West will battle for carries, and Danny Woodhead will be used on passing downs and in the red zone. Jun 15 - 2:10 PM
West will be more competition than all the Dixon truthers want to admit. I guess, if you're a Dixon fan, this will allow you to obtain him for a touch cheaper at least

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm Via Roto
Ravens senior offensive assistant Greg Roman said, "I'm looking forward to [Terrance West] toting the rock this year."

West has been considered the Ravens' starter during Kenneth Dixon's four-game suspension, but Roman is suggesting that West will not be benched when Dixon returns. Earlier this month, ESPN's Jamison Hensley called West the "unquestioned starter." Dixon and West will battle for carries, and Danny Woodhead will be used on passing downs and in the red zone. Jun 15 - 2:10 PM
West will be more competition than all the Dixon truthers want to admit. I guess, if you're a Dixon fan, this will allow you to obtain him for a touch cheaper at least
:roll: Uh huh. This is nothing more than coach-speak in the middle of June.

I don't think anyone will be surprised when Dixon supplants West as the starting RB for the Ravens, just like last year. Dixon is the all-around better RB in almost every facet of the game, and West is a JAG. Simple as that.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:59 pm

22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Which 4 clowns voted "a 3rd or less"???
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

I've wanted to trade him but his value isn't at a good time too. I have no need for a late 1st over him when he'll out produce all the backs in that range. I think his value is only going to increase and now would be selling low. Long-term I'm not a huge fan but I think when he starts stringing together a few times he'll present a nice window of opportunity. I'd decline any offers of a late 1st, there is nobody in that range worth it and the RBs there are all more risky themselves.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Seems like mr Dixon looks like a locked up 1st rounder lol. Guess I would take that 3rd round back (hunt/kamara) over him.

Good for the ones who were able to capitalize or avoid misfortune on this overrated asset that somehow had so many believers

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Must be begging for a 3rd now