Kenneth Dixon Value *PVP POLL* 5/1/17

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What's the MOST you'd pay for Kenneth Dixon, using rookie picks?

1.06-1.09
10%
1.10-1.12
18%
2.01-2.04
29%
2.05-2.08
17%
2.09-2.12
15%
3rd or less
11%

Total votes: 174

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kenneth Dixon Value *PVP POLL* 5/1/17

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:24 pm

dawgs4life wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 pm I’ve been buying cheap shares of Dixon and Allen this yr for back of roster stashes. Dixon because I believe in his talent, and Allen because the opportunity to leave this mess of a situation next year. If I’m not mistaken he is a FA after this year.
This is smart advice regardless of a player - if you believe in someone long-term and can acquire them at a cost//risk that is comfortable to you then by all means an owner should acquire them. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Traded Dixon for a 2019 3rd round pick.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

I’d buy at that 2019 3rd in a non IDP league.....
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Shocked people would pay an early 2nd

3rd round for me
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 pm

smallxl wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 pm Shocked people would pay an early 2nd

3rd round for me
This is an old thread (and poll). No one is paying a second now. You’re probably lucky if you can sell for a 3rd
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 pm

is he worth a roster spot in a 10 team league?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:03 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 pm https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... nfl-season
Meh, they were average at best.
I cite PFF all the time here, and with good reason. But here I will take Football Outsiders' analytics over PFF's anonymous tape grading.

I will explain why.

A strong Adjusted Line Yards score practically guarantees a strong run-game almost regardless of RB talent, and Adjusted Sack Rate is more important than the gross number of pressures, which PFF is subjectively judging and counting.

Now, for inference:

Note how surprisingly good Collins was last year, and note how that correlates with FO's ALY analytic. In PFF's case, they gave Collins the third best RB grade in the NFL last year, but then oppose that with their Ravens OL ranking.

Thus, FO's analytic judgment here is more consistent and correlative with the empirical reality than PFF's.

And even if PFF's dissonant rankings are more truthful, then that just makes Collins '17 season more impressive.
And they lost a starter or two in free agency, IIRC.
This is a good point, if true (is it? you make it sound uncertain, and I haven't checked). However, the line is also getting Marshal Yanda back, which is enormous.
As for Collins and his 235 touches, they valued him so highly that they gave him a... 1 year $630k deal. Dixon is getting paid more than that on his rookie deal.
Meaningless. You're missing that Collins was an exclusive rights free agent. He had no bargaining power at all. Nothing could stop Baltimore from underpaying Collins, so that's what they did, and saved money.

This only proves that the Ravens front-office isn't charitable. It proves nothing regarding the coaching staff's current assessment of Collins.
Good point on the PFF vs. FO.

At the very least they lost OG Jensen - the Bucs are paying him over $10M/year, so he must've been above average.

Just because someone is an exclusive rights FA doesn't mean you can't lock them up long term. It is not infrequent to see teams agree to long term contracts or extensions before they have to with players they believe in. You can almost always get them on a cheaper contract if you do it before they become unrestricted free agents. Instead of locking Collins in with a relatively cheap 3-4 year contract, they chose to go with a really cheap 1-year contract. They know that if he plays well they'll have to pay him more in free agency to keep him than they would have if they signed him before the season. But for some reason they were willing to take that risk. To me this is a grey area. We don't know the full reasoning behind it, but it sure isn't a vote of confidence.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:52 am

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 pm is he worth a roster spot in a 10 team league?
no, unless you have super super deep rosters. at least 30 qb, 60 rb's, 120 wr's and 30 te's ahead of him, so thats 24 of your roster spots already....
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:40 am

bump for the other dixon thread. :)

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:10 am

_yeti wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 am I voted 3rd round or later. The fact that 38% of votes say he is worth a 1st is mind boggling to me. This is like Rawls all over again, except that I prefer Rawls to Dixon.

Comparing this to the Jeremy Hill poll that is currently running, I can't believe the disparity in favor of Dixon. I know Hill hasn't lived up to the original promise he showed his first year and has plenty of knocks of his own but he has still produced a great deal more than Dixon and is better when it comes to my eye test. I would take most of the 2nd or 3rd tier rookie backs over Dixon. This isn't because I don't know their hit/miss rate, it's because Dixon is already a miss in my opinion. Maybe he gives some 2017 production due to situation and lack of competition but 2017 is it. Not worth the capital of a 1st or 2nd and their potential value, even considering their potential to miss.
Since I saw this bumped, brag bump :twisted: 8-)
I have a good hit rate with RBs but no one ever listens to me :boohoo: (this was after I fought half the forum to say Rawls was a backup)
Now, some might point to my mention of Hill and say, ah but Hill is chopped liver! No sir I say, decent chance Bill B uses Hill as the thumper this year! Just drafted him in a startup in the late rounds
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 am

_yeti wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:10 am
_yeti wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 am I voted 3rd round or later. The fact that 38% of votes say he is worth a 1st is mind boggling to me. This is like Rawls all over again, except that I prefer Rawls to Dixon.

Comparing this to the Jeremy Hill poll that is currently running, I can't believe the disparity in favor of Dixon. I know Hill hasn't lived up to the original promise he showed his first year and has plenty of knocks of his own but he has still produced a great deal more than Dixon and is better when it comes to my eye test. I would take most of the 2nd or 3rd tier rookie backs over Dixon. This isn't because I don't know their hit/miss rate, it's because Dixon is already a miss in my opinion. Maybe he gives some 2017 production due to situation and lack of competition but 2017 is it. Not worth the capital of a 1st or 2nd and their potential value, even considering their potential to miss.
Since I saw this bumped, brag bump :twisted: 8-)
I have a good hit rate with RBs but no one ever listens to me :boohoo: (this was after I fought half the forum to say Rawls was a backup)
Now, some might point to my mention of Hill and say, ah but Hill is chopped liver! No sir I say, decent chance Bill B uses Hill as the thumper this year! Just drafted him in a startup in the late rounds
Maybe the violin needs tuning, after that more owners will listen to your RB philosophizing. 8-)

More seriously, I was in agreement with you re: Rawls, I just figured you deserved all the heat & credit. :lol:

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:24 am

I said half the forum haha. Yeah, there were a decent amount of people on my side. Just have to brag bump from time to time haha
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Since we're brag posting:
jcc6fd wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 11:30 am 2017 was a deeper overall class by most analysts standards. More RBs were taken in early rounds this year because they were worthy of the picks. If Dixon or Booker were day 2 talents in an RB weak class they would have been picked on day two instead of compensatory round 4 picks.

I don't understand why anyone would try to argue the 2016 RB draft class was close to 2017. There's no argument to stand on here. Additionally if I can get a day 2 back in this draft with a high chance to start and play 3 downs he has to be worth more than an underperforming sophomore with less draft pedigree and a 4 game ban. He's just not worth a first as he was a late first last year in a bad offensive class, hasn't improved his stock, and we're comparing to a clearly superior class.

An early second round valuation is fair here. I can't justify anything more and he's probably closer to a mid-second within my more subjective personal rankings.
This was post 2017 NFL draft, but prior to most rookie drafts. While there is plenty "I told ya so" comments I could make, I'm mostly proud of the second paragraph. The "day 2 back" I was referring to was Hunt, who now has slightly more value than Dixon.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 am

I was one who made a post in reference to Dixon. So no one likes his chances this year? Coaches still seem high on him though.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Hes mentioned in so many podcasts as a must buy.