Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Bad Draft for RBs

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:30 am

In going to wait for them to not prefixed then buy late in the season
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 am

I support your post OP. Rough landing spots for sure but some of these RB's will also make the situation better than it currently looks. Fournette, IMO, is a fine landing spot. Sure Jax is a questionable organization, but they have talent on that offense. They have spent $$ on their line this off-season. Also, if Yeldon/Ivory are just sort of JAGs as everyone claims, then Fournette should transcend that.

Mixon: I think this is a terrible spot for him. Their o-line is awful now. The one good thing, is that he's going to get 200 carries, on a good offense. I wonder how much Gio caps his PPR upside though, cause Gio ain't going away no matter how much you dislike him.

Hunt: Quickly going to be overdrafted. Very unlikely he unseats Ware in Y1 but everyone will expect that cause rookies are so amazing right?

Cook: Ouch...but Murray sucks..but still, ouch.

McCaffrey: I don't like the spot from a PPR standpoint but I trust the Panthers.

Samuel: Brutal...brutal.

Foreman: Probably going to have to wait until Y2 before he's your weekly starter but he'll at least be relevant at times. I imagine this creates quite a value for Foreman in rookie drafts as he was getting pricey.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:42 am

Jason3123 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 am I support your post OP. Rough landing spots for sure but some of these RB's will also make the situation better than it currently looks. Fournette, IMO, is a fine landing spot. Sure Jax is a questionable organization, but they have talent on that offense. They have spent $$ on their line this off-season. Also, if Yeldon/Ivory are just sort of JAGs as everyone claims, then Fournette should transcend that.

Mixon: I think this is a terrible spot for him. Their o-line is awful now. The one good thing, is that he's going to get 200 carries, on a good offense. I wonder how much Gio caps his PPR upside though, cause Gio ain't going away no matter how much you dislike him.

Hunt: Quickly going to be overdrafted. Very unlikely he unseats Ware in Y1 but everyone will expect that cause rookies are so amazing right?

Cook: Ouch...but Murray sucks..but still, ouch.

McCaffrey: I don't like the spot from a PPR standpoint but I trust the Panthers.

Samuel: Brutal...brutal.

Foreman: Probably going to have to wait until Y2 before he's your weekly starter but he'll at least be relevant at times. I imagine this creates quite a value for Foreman in rookie drafts as he was getting pricey.
I agree with everything here, except maybe Samuel, only because I don't think he's an RB. Figure he plays slot for CAR so he's got an uphill battle to be fantasy relevant as he won't get RB designation
Last edited by jcc6fd on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:43 am

Finally a good-ish spot. I expect Perine to vault up rookie draft boards as he should immediately slide in as the 2 down thumper for a talented offense in WAS. Sorry Fat Rob owners =/
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 am

Yeah, it's really disappointing from a fantasy perspective. I'm not excited to take any particular RB (or any player, for that matter) at 1.02 this year, and I so badly need RBs. And knowing that Yeldon officially just became trash sucks too.

Guess Zeke was just a rarity. Because otherwise, the true feature back is still trending towards an endangered species, if not extinction.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am

It stinks because we were hoping for immediate production from a few of the top end guys. In reality, it will likely be the 2018 season before any have a bell foe work load. Fournette will still split time with Yeldon/Ivory, CMac will split time wit JStew, Mixon with Hill/Gio, etc. etc. etc

The Jolene is that a couple will take the reins in 2018 similar to how David Johnson did.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby toine » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:09 pm

don't know if I am going to go Fournette or Davis at #1 now... I have needs at both so a better landing spot for any of the top 3 or 4 backs would have vaulted him up to the top for me.

I also have 8 and 9, so may make a play for the 4 and go Davis at 1 and take whoever falls out of Fournette, Mixon, MCCaffery at 4
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:02 pm

I think we're being unduly negative about some of these spots. Fournette is on a Coughlin run team that clearly wants to base their Offense upon him and just drafted Cam Robinson to help with that. The Bengals lost O-line talent no doubt, but injuries made their line look worse than it was last year. Gio's likely out until late in the year so if Mixon is the talent we think he is, he should have the lion's share of the carries. Tell me who's flooding the box with AJ Green on one side and John Ross on the other? I don't love Cam as a guy to dump-off to McCaffrey, but I love the fact that the team see his top talent as his work between the tackles. Minnesota undeniably sucks for Cook. Can't defend that. Perrine got a dream spot. I like Ware a lot, but Hunt has got to increase in value by going to the chiefs in the third. Perkins looked stouter and tougher than I expected last year, but the Giants are a very decent spot for Gallman. Miller's a talent, but there will be carries for Foreman.
We're all pissed because we wanted the top guys to land in Indy, Green Bay, Washington and Oakland. I think it'd be a mistake to over-react to these spots though. Cook's situation is a nightmare, but no-one else's is really bad at all.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 pm

We do know this is dynasty right? The cream will rise to the top. A few guys seems to be blocked for 2017 but the NFL changes over fast especially at the RB position.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 pm

As someone who's team is rebuilding and probably not a contender for another year or two, I'm more than happy taking talent over situation as other's worry about situation.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 am Drafts like this is a perfect time to sit back and remember that most of the time you gotta go with TALENT > SITUATION
This for me. My rankings haven't changed from pre-draft.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:30 pm
Coogan Football wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 am Drafts like this is a perfect time to sit back and remember that most of the time you gotta go with TALENT > SITUATION
This for me. My rankings haven't changed from pre-draft.
I get the sentiment. I believe talent > situation to be a wise strategy and plan to take advantage in my draft when someone over drafts Kareem Hunt and pushes a better player to me.

That said, how could the draft not have affected your rankings? Unless you were low on Cook there was debate before the combine of him being the number 1 overall pick. The draft solidified some of the post-combine fears teams had and he slid to the second round. So unless you put a lot of stock in the combine and not the draft then the draft likely pushed McCaffrey up your board and Cook down. I have McCaffrey above Cook and Mixon now because an investment in the top 10 picks means a lot. As we all know situation is vital for RBs, especially for those who aren't top talents like Fournette. Until Ingram is traded there are RBs who were much lower on everyone's predraft rankings that will far outproduce him.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:10 pm

I think Cook's drop was more about off-field issues than combine or talent issues. Similar to Mixon. I think both are more talented than McCaffery and will continue to take them over him.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Over the long run talent usually rises to the top but the simple fact is that in today's NFL many coaches prefer to use a RBBC. DeMarco Murray is a top RB on one team and barely worth starting on another. Situation might matter more than talent for RB production.

phyzzyx
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby phyzzyx » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:01 am

schiewerma21 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 am lol fournette is not the 1.01.
Jags a nightmare spot.

Mixon should be 1.01 like he was for me pre draft. Bengals line sucks but so does fournette. And unlike fournette Mixon is an elite wr out of backfield and has elite teammates.
Aj green/eifer/Ross/Mixon might be a top 3 quartet of talent in the NFL at the skill positions.

(Full disclosure I hate the bengals)
Wait what? "Jags a nightmare spot" and then pumps up a guy who is in a bleep sandwich for a spot.