Top 6 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Top 6 Discussion

Postby BuckeyeNation » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Madadamus wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Cook is now in a tier with Ross/Kamara for me. Needless to say I won't own Cook anywhere.
And I'll end up with a few Cook shares by default as I own the 1.06 in a few spots and I expect Cook to be the bottom player remaining of the top 6. Not at all in love with the landing spot, but I won't pass on him for players in the next tier.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Honestly I think I need to put Hunt over Mixon just cause its such a good situation for him in KC.

3. Hunt
4. Mixon
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 am

Too much negativity on Cook IMHO. Murray is a JAG. Cook will have a nice floor weekly thanks to receptions in PPR. His situation is nearly identical to Mixon although Gio is much better than McKinnon.

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:13 am

For me

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 Mixon
1.04 Mccaffery
1.03 Cook

Fournette and mixon are interchangeable for me, like them both and think they can easily run the backfields are their respectable teams.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:01 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:52 pm No difference. Landing spot shouldn't change rankings. This is dynasty, no redraft!

JUST JOKING! What a yucky draft haha

1. Fournette
2. Davis
3. McCaffrey
4. Mixon
5. Williams
6. Cook

Previously I would've said:

1. Fournette
2. Cook
3. Mixon
4. Davis
5. McCaffrey
6. Williams
This mirrors my pre and post draft rankings. Hate the Mixon and Cook landing spots and Fournette just became more valuable
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:37 am

Prior to draft, the value gap between picks 1 and 6 weren't as large as years prior. After first 2 days, picks 1 and 2 have certainly separated themselves and gained value over rest of the "chosen" ones. I'm absolutely loving the Cook slide and will soon change my tone and join the vocals denouncing his spot and pushing him as low as can go (Murray is a great COP for him, McKinnon a lesser CMike, and Asiago may well be released now; Cook is the talent there). Mixon, McCaffery, and M Williams will round out the top 6 and probably in that order. While not a top 6 option, I think Zay Jones moves into bottom of first with his BUF pick; they need a true #2 and Sammy's history gives the possibility of even more exposure.

I'm hoping like heck in the leagues where I'm sitting in the 6-12 range that some goober reaches for Lynch, OJ Howard (not that I don't believe in his talent, just wouldn't take him before 9), even Engram with NYG, and guys like Cook slide deeper and deeper. I'm almost certain D Watson will find his way into numerous 1QB first and help push other skill players lower

jpatern21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jpatern21 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 am

Generic Username wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:37 am Prior to draft, the value gap between picks 1 and 6 weren't as large as years prior. After first 2 days, picks 1 and 2 have certainly separated themselves and gained value over rest of the "chosen" ones. I'm absolutely loving the Cook slide and will soon change my tone and join the vocals denouncing his spot and pushing him as low as can go (Murray is a great COP for him, McKinnon a lesser CMike, and Asiago may well be released now; Cook is the talent there). Mixon, McCaffery, and M Williams will round out the top 6 and probably in that order. While not a top 6 option, I think Zay Jones moves into bottom of first with his BUF pick; they need a true #2 and Sammy's history gives the possibility of even more exposure.

I'm hoping like heck in the leagues where I'm sitting in the 6-12 range that some goober reaches for Lynch, OJ Howard (not that I don't believe in his talent, just wouldn't take him before 9), even Engram with NYG, and guys like Cook slide deeper and deeper. I'm almost certain D Watson will find his way into numerous 1QB first and help push other skill players lower
I agree. Cook has slid to around 5 for me due to his spot but I'm not going to pass on him for a next tier player. In leagues where I'm later in first, I hope like hell that he slides to me.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:47 am

Top 6 right now for me would be:

1. Fournette
2. Williams
3. Davis
4. McCaffery
5. Howard
6. Cook

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 am

Top 6 for me after Saturday's rounds,

In Typical PPR Leagues
1. Fournette - beastly volume and TD's headed his way as old man Coughlin wrings his hands and sternly grins ear-to-ear
2. Davis - if he clicks early with Marcus ==> top 12 dynasty WR by end of year 1?
3. Mixon - the perfect storm shaping up in his favor. Wait for the big 'Kaboom' in his value when Jeremy Hill is traded to the packers or niners or washington before season's start.
4. Williams - this year's Michael Thomas ('cept Rivers vs Brees + Keenan vs Cooks). He's gonna slay, just watch.
5. McCaffrey - if Panthers change to adapt to and maximize Christian's strengths like they did for Cam coming out, this will be too low. if not, well...he'll have some big games. boom or bust? If Brandin Cooks were a RB, he'd be CM.
6. OJ Howard - if he displaces Brate early, this guy is gonna be Yuge. Don't think he'll take as long as Kelce did to take off.

In TE Premium Leagues
1. Fournette
2. Davis
3. Mixon
4. OJ Howard - Can imagine lotsa games where he'll out produce Evans in TE Premie
5. Williams - legit torn between Howard and OJ here
6. McCaffrey - if I got one too low, it's this one
Last edited by pvillebiker on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dougiefresh37
Captain
Captain

Postby Dougiefresh37 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:06 am

I hate the landing spots after fournette, mccafrey, and Davis. I think it's a crapshoot after that.
Cleveland Steamer's: 12 team .5 PPR
qb: brees, wilson, lamar jackson
Rb: mccaffrey, hunt, kamara, freeman, ware, c.j anderson, turbin
wr: evans, allen, ty hill, Ross, pettis, Anthony miller, calloway, sanu
Te: ertz, kroft, njoku
Def: eagles

Suicide squad:12 team 1 pt ppr league
Qb: luck, dak, bortles
Rb: cook, miller, ingram, tevin coleman, lat murray, burkhead, clement, wilkins
Wr: Aj green, evans, OBJ, juju smith, lockett, moncrief, beasly
Te: ertz, ebron
Def: eagles

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Our top 6 were (draft started an hour after the NFL draft)

1.Fournette
2. Davis
3. Cook
4. McCaffery
5. Mixon
6. Williams
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:45 pm

1.Fournette
2.Davis
3. Mixon
4.CMac
5.Williams
6. Cook

I actually would put Howard at 5 or 6, but cant see myself drafting a TE that high. I think a lot of drafts will see that happen. Maybe even Engram sneaks in there. I have a couple 1.06s and a 1.07, so it will be tough to decide, especially since I cannot trade OTC. Trying to talk myself into Williams, who i think is good, but a lot lf mouths to feed there.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:14 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 am Too much negativity on Cook IMHO. Murray is a JAG. Cook will have a nice floor weekly thanks to receptions in PPR. His situation is nearly identical to Mixon although Gio is much better than McKinnon.
Plus Minny has improved their OL and he will be the unquestioned starter. As far as Mixon, last I heard was that Gio might start season on PUP after tearing ACL. Not much competition if Mixon plays well. I have to choose between the 2 and am torn.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:39 pm

1. Davis
2. Leo
3. Williams
4. Cook
5. Mixon
6. McCaffrey

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:00 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 am Too much negativity on Cook IMHO. Murray is a JAG. Cook will have a nice floor weekly thanks to receptions in PPR. His situation is nearly identical to Mixon although Gio is much better than McKinnon.
I don't get the level of hate either. I see flaws with Cook as a player, and admit the OL in Minny isn't great, but the situation is getting overused for a value drop. I feel it should be status quo frankly. If you like the player not much should change.