Top 6 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Top 6 Discussion

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 am

maxhyde wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 pm Our top 6 were (draft started an hour after the NFL draft)

1.Fournette
2. Davis
3. Cook
4. McCaffery
5. Mixon
6. Williams
Can't argue too much with that. I bet ours is similar and kicks off in a few hours.

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 am

Dougiefresh37 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:06 am I hate the landing spots after fournette, mccafrey, and Davis. I think it's a crapshoot after that.
I think I'm with this also. Due to team needs, David or Cmac should be interchangeable. I may go Cmac at 1.02 due to my RB needs. Is it really a gap between Davis and all the others?1 -Lenny, 2 Cmac or Davis, 4- Mixon, 5 -Cook, 6 - Howard.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:27 am

Every class is "weird" in it's own way, and I think for this class it's going to be it's lack of consensus across the board from beginning to end. Out of the initial top 6 players pre-draft, I'm still seeing at least some support for 4 of them as the 1.01. Plus with the landing spots being more favorable overall for the mid tiered players, we're likely to see picks 10-25 shake out substantially differently from one league to another.

I own a couple 1.01s and I'm not sure I even want to make the pick. For me I'd be comfortable with 4 players at the top of the draft, and I keep going back and forth on how I have them ranked. As a 1.01 owner I may see what I can get to move back to 3 or 4 and let the draft itself make my decision for me as to who I'll take.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:27 am Every class is "weird" in it's own way, and I think for this class it's going to be it's lack of consensus across the board from beginning to end. Out of the initial top 6 players pre-draft, I'm still seeing at least some support for 4 of them as the 1.01. Plus with the landing spots being more favorable overall for the mid tiered players, we're likely to see picks 10-25 shake out substantially differently from one league to another.

I own a couple 1.01s and I'm not sure I even want to make the pick. For me I'd be comfortable with 4 players at the top of the draft, and I keep going back and forth on how I have them ranked. As a 1.01 owner I may see what I can get to move back to 3 or 4 and let the draft itself make my decision for me as to who I'll take.
There's not the consensus there was last year but I wouldn't say it is any less than the typical average in terms of how strong the consensus is.

In Mizelle's post draft rankings only two players (Fournette and Davis) have received 1.01 votes through the first 19 submissions.

Yeah there are the occasional message board posters touting Mixon as #1, but no moreso than the ones that were touting Kevin White #1. It's no different than basically any other year, outside of last year.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:50 am Too much negativity on Cook IMHO. Murray is a JAG. Cook will have a nice floor weekly thanks to receptions in PPR. His situation is nearly identical to Mixon although Gio is much better than McKinnon.
:clap:

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 am

1. Davis
2. Fournette
3. Mixon
4. Cook
5. MWill
6. CMac
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 am

Madadamus wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm Before the draft I had:

1. Fournette
2. Davis
3. Mixon
4. McCaffrey
5. Williams
6. Cook

Post-Draft I have it:

1. Fournette
2. Davis
3. Mixon
4. Williams
5. McCaffrey
6. Howard

Cook is now in a tier with Ross/Kamara for me. Needless to say I won't own Cook anywhere.
😆😆😆

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 am

1.01: Fournette or Davis is justifiable.

Anything after that is just preference based on league settings, team makeup, etc.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:51 am

Assuming Fournette is 1.01, who would you get at 1.02 ?

http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =0003&O=07

My RBs are awful . I'm not sold on McCaffrey but i've got Stewart, so it will make sense. Should i trade down ? Or draft Davis (We start between 4-6 WRs)

PS : Lynch is a free agent

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Thought I'd post this here in lieu of making a new thread, but Cook lost a bunch of stock for having a bad SPARQ score, right? Was just copying some data from playerprofiler and McCaffrey actually has a lower "SPARQ-X" score, 27th percentile, than Cook, 33rd percentile.

Just some food for thought since the low SPARQ very much impacted our perception of Cook.
Not sure what the difference between SPARQ and SPARQ-X is or if there is one.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:49 pm

I think the smart play is to just let everything digest the next few days. I'm not in a hurry to throw the cart in front of the horse. I think after some time as gone by Cook will climb back up some. Mixon love seems a little premature. I hold the 1.5 in my league so the decision, for the most part, is going to be made for me. I figure I'll have 3 players to break down and make my pick. I was thinking of trying to move back later in the draft, but now I think I'll just stay at 1.5 and make my pick unless someone blows my doors off with an offer.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm Thought I'd post this here in lieu of making a new thread, but Cook lost a bunch of stock for having a bad SPARQ score, right? Was just copying some data from playerprofiler and McCaffrey actually has a lower "SPARQ-X" score, 27th percentile, than Cook, 33rd percentile.

Just some food for thought since the low SPARQ very much impacted our perception of Cook.
Cook's stock dropped because:

1. NFL GM's are concerned about his off-field issues and his entourage.
2. He's not as athletic or explosive as many assumed he was.

He's quickly become an enigma.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

I've gotta choose between mixon and McCaffrey at 3... I love both.. I dont think mixon going to the Bengals is that bad, hill will be outplayed by mixon easily by mid season, plus mixon will have all receiving work for a few weeks to begin with unless gio comes back earlier than expected. Mixon will impress in his limited role as pass catcher and gio will be "eased" back in so they can keep seeing mixon out there, he will spell hill more and more until he is the 3 down back. And he is versatile enough to evade that O-line.

On the other hand McCaffrey will likely start out 3rd down, then be eased into full time role, but won't have much TD upside
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Add the multiple shoulder surgeries.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:00 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm Thought I'd post this here in lieu of making a new thread, but Cook lost a bunch of stock for having a bad SPARQ score, right? Was just copying some data from playerprofiler and McCaffrey actually has a lower "SPARQ-X" score, 27th percentile, than Cook, 33rd percentile.

Totally agree with all of the above. Reason 2 you presented is basically the same as me saying he had a low SPARQ score. Rotoworld was all over Cook and we had a long thread entitled something like "Cook is a SPARQ turd." I don't know how much it really matters, but if McCaffrey has a worse SPARQ score and it's a reason we'd knock Cook down then it stands to reason that McCaffrey should face similar questions/criticism.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave