dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Are we nervous about Keenan?

Postby dm1129 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:15 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 pm
dm1129 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Torn pcl, broken collarbone, lacerated kidney, torn acl. He has played 9 of the last 34 games. Injury is a concern with Allen.
The PCL was 4 years ago before he was drafted. Broken bones and lacerated organs are less troublesome than joint issues, IMO. I remember when Stafford had freaky things happen his first few years and people tagged him as injury prone. I don't think he's missed a game in over 3 years since.
Stop bringing logic perkins!!!

Lol...a lacerated kidney FFS...are we also calling players who get the flu on game day injury prone?
Ignoring facts is logic? Yeah, for you I can see that. At least Allen has never missed any games in his career due to injury correct?

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm

dm1129 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:15 pm

The PCL was 4 years ago before he was drafted. Broken bones and lacerated organs are less troublesome than joint issues, IMO. I remember when Stafford had freaky things happen his first few years and people tagged him as injury prone. I don't think he's missed a game in over 3 years since.

Lol...a lacerated kidney FFS...are we also calling players who get the flu on game day injury prone?
Ignoring facts is logic? Yeah, for you I can see that.
Dude...a lacerated kidney. Are you actually holding that injury against him?
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:23 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 pm
dm1129 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Ignoring facts is logic? Yeah, for you I can see that.
Dude...a lacerated kidney. Are you actually holding that injury against him?
If that was his only injury, of course not. There are some players whose bodies cannot hold up in the NFL. Allen has major injury after major injury, to ignore that is foolish.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Would be more worried if was to same part of body or soft tissue injuries. Or if he was a freak athlete and the injuries were to take away from that.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm
Comparing a pocket QBs injury history to a WR is a bit...odd.

Also, how many QBs have the Lions drafted in the top 10 since they picked up Stafford?
It's not really odd if you take it in the context for which it was meant. But it's a convenient to bring up if you're looking for an easy reason to dismiss someone else's argument.

Comparing the # of QB's drafted to the # of WR's drafted is a bit odd...
Last edited by Mike from Canada on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:39 pm

dm1129 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Torn pcl, broken collarbone, lacerated kidney, torn acl. He has played 9 of the last 34 games. Injury is a concern with Allen.
Ah you're right. I forgot injuries before being drafted do not count..... :wall:
It doesn't count if you're looking at the number of games he's missed over the past 2 seasons.

I'm not going to include a broken collarbone and a lacerated kidney when trying to prognosticate on likelihood of future injuries. You are...and that's fine.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm

I guess some guys are just born with weak and vulnerable kidney's? It's something you need to keep in mind when evaluating a player! LOL

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:56 am

I think it's fair to be concerned about Keenan losing some volume, and certainly MW will be given every chance to supplant Tyrell as the WR1. But I would take this all with a grain of salt.

Rivers is an accuracy passer more than a rifle arm. One of the biggest issues with Tyrell last year was his imprecise route running. How many times did we see Rivers yelling at Tyrell after a play last year? One of the biggest knocks on MW coming to LAC is his limited route tree in college. Maybe he'll be a fast learner, or maybe not. I don't think anyone can really answer that question. But it would seem that volume in the LAC offense is partially tied to how much Rivers trusts you.

I'm not nearly as worried about Hunter Henry as some others on here are. Yes, HH's stats last year were TD dependent, but I don't expect that to be the case with him as the full-time starter.

Looking at red zone look statistics, Hunter had 17 last year, even with SD force-feeding Gates in the RZ (22 looks). Tyrell led WR with 17 looks.

These numbers aren't that far off from some of the top passing teams a year ago:

1. New Orleans
WR - Thomas - 14 looks
TE - Fleener - 19 looks (!!!) (???)

2. Washington
WR - Crowder - 16 looks
TE - Reed - 14 looks

3. Atlanta
WR - Sanu - 13 looks
TE - Hooper - 5 looks

4. New England
WR - Edelman - 16 looks
TE - Bennett - 12 looks

More data is here for anyone who wants to look: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/tea ... -nwe-3.php. For the record, I believe Jordy Nelson led the league with 31 RZ looks.

I think the point here is that unless MW is truly a superstar, he's not going to get such a disproportionate share that HH isn't going to get his. 17 looks for a season would be a good total, let alone in limited time.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 am

Easy to spot the Keenan Allen owners in here.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 am Easy to spot the Keenan Allen owners in here.
Could say that in almost any thread about any player. Could also wonder how many are trying to buy low?

Or maybe just owners who aren't overreacting to every bit of news and are willing to wait things out to see how it goes. But that's no fun in a world of hot takes. :)

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 pm

onetwothree wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am
Vcize wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:23 am Easy to spot the Keenan Allen owners in here.
Could say that in almost any thread about any player. Could also wonder how many are trying to buy low?

Or maybe just owners who aren't overreacting to every bit of news and are willing to wait things out to see how it goes. But that's no fun in a world of hot takes. :)
The team drafting a WR at #7 overall despite having what seemed like much larger needs is pretty different than "news". This isn't just some training camp report that the coaches want to see more out of him or something.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 pm The team drafting a WR at #7 overall despite having what seemed like much larger needs is pretty different than "news". This isn't just some training camp report that the coaches want to see more out of him or something.
Sure, but:

1. The WR has a completely different game than Allen.
2. Allen signed a four-year extension, that doesn't kick in until this season. He's not going anywhere and he's not being replaced.

I think people are overreacting, though it just makes buying low even easier. How good will Williams be out the gate next season? We don't know. And in the likelihood that he takes some time to get used to the NFL, Allen will continued to be relied on as the possession receiver.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm
Vcize wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 pm The team drafting a WR at #7 overall despite having what seemed like much larger needs is pretty different than "news". This isn't just some training camp report that the coaches want to see more out of him or something.
Sure, but:

1. The WR has a completely different game than Allen.
2. Allen signed a four-year extension, that doesn't kick in until this season. He's not going anywhere and he's not being replaced.

I think people are overreacting, though it just makes buying low even easier. How good will Williams be out the gate next season? We don't know. And in the likelihood that he takes some time to get used to the NFL, Allen will continued to be relied on as the possession receiver.
Yep. Not that they had any chance to but if they had taken a Davis type then Keenan owners should be worried but taking a guy with a limited route tree means they have specific plans for him that shouldn't overlap with how Keenan wins. I believe this impacts Henry the most.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Predicting pass catching options for the Chargers will be like Patriots RB's...at the end of the season they will all have pretty good stats, but good luck predicting who it will be each week.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 am

Over the past weeks, I've been called out multiple times for daring to suggest that UDFA WRs are poor dynasty bets. McDowell with a great "Word of Warning" article on the very subject, posted yesterday:

"Wide receiver seems to be the toughest position for UDFAs to crack the elite group on an annual basis, with only 34 total starter seasons (since 1994). Of the 34, Rod Smith had eight of those and Wes Welker had seven. Every other UDFA wideout since 1994 managed just 19 total starter seasons, which is less than four percent."

Tyrell Cultists gonna hate.

I'm on the same team with McDowell and I'll take that.
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.