Lynch's value as a Raider (with poll)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

If Lynch were the only FA in your rookie/FA draft, where would you draft him for a contending team?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am

1.06 or earlier
1%
5%
No votes
2%
9%
5%
9%
2.01-2.02
15%
2.03-2.04
11%
2.05-2.06
14%
2.07-2.08
11%
2.09-2.10
2%
2.11-2.12
2%
3.01 or later
15%

Total votes: 94

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lynch's value as a Raider (with poll)

Postby Plank » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I hope everyone of you lose to the Lynch owner in the championship :P
@PlankMelody

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I have two early picks and then 1.10. I HOPE someone in front of me takes him so that everybody else drops a spot.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

My main issue is the thing that seemingly drove him out of football was back issues. That's the sort of thing that doesn't really heal, so his time off is somewhat meaningless to me. I voted 1.12 as a contender, but I think it's important to note that I'd have to be a contender that either has Washington or is looking at Lynch as a depth option. If you're grabbing him at 1.12 and hoping for a sure-fire RB2, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Is that what really made him decide to retire, though?

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:00 pm

I have 2.01 and 2.02 in a league where I feel like I'm a contender. Lynch coming back I feel is great for owners like myself in that early 2nd area. If he falls to you, then great, snatch him up. If not, then another one of the talented rookies in that "2nd tier" drop to you. Win-Win.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

All these Lynch trades and I'm still sitting here with Megatron on my IR/Reserve waiting for the breaking news...

:(
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm All these Lynch trades and I'm still sitting here with Megatron on my IR/Reserve waiting for the breaking news...

:(
Waiting on the Texans to call up Peyton...

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 am

Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm I don't understand why people continually bring up what Rawls did vs what Lynch did, it's completely irrelevant. Are they on the same team now? No. Lynch is on a different team with a substantially better offensive line than 2015, something that will make every RB look better.

I'm not saying Lynch will blow up and think his ceiling is an RB2/Flex, but what Rawls did is not at all relevant.

Add in that Lynch is probably motivated to play now, something he wasn't back then will likely make a difference in itself. It was not exactly a secret that Lynch was disgruntled after that Super Bowl and it was no coincidence he would have rather retired than keep playing for the Seahawks.
It's relevant because lynch was being out played by his backup. Same O-Line... same everything. It's not like Rawls has proven to be an elite talent since then. Since that's the last sample we've seen from Lynch I'd say its very relevant.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 am

MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 am
It's relevant because lynch was being out played by his backup. Same O-Line... same everything. It's not like Rawls has proven to be an elite talent since then. Since that's the last sample we've seen from Lynch I'd say its very relevant.
Probably need to look deeper than YPC and see how many guys in the box, yards after contact and other stats like that to see the difference. Definitely shouldn't dismiss entirely but need more context.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 am

MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm I don't understand why people continually bring up what Rawls did vs what Lynch did, it's completely irrelevant. Are they on the same team now? No. Lynch is on a different team with a substantially better offensive line than 2015, something that will make every RB look better.

I'm not saying Lynch will blow up and think his ceiling is an RB2/Flex, but what Rawls did is not at all relevant.

Add in that Lynch is probably motivated to play now, something he wasn't back then will likely make a difference in itself. It was not exactly a secret that Lynch was disgruntled after that Super Bowl and it was no coincidence he would have rather retired than keep playing for the Seahawks.
Yeah relevent because we never see average talent RB go on a great run for a short stretch and get the community excited...only to disappoint.
I think Phaded is pointing to a potential reason in he was pissed at the Seahawks for throwing an INT rather than giving him the ball in the SB. Seemed disinterested in 2015 compared to what we had seen previously in his career but maybe it was the age/injuries just catching up with him.

Either way appears we won't have to wait long to find out
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Honey Badgers
Captain
Captain

Postby Honey Badgers » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 am

After the draft...Does his value change? Where to take him in a rookie/FA draft.
Dynasty League 12 Team .5 PPR
20 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Wilson
Gordon, CMC Freeman, Ekeler, J. Williams
OBJ, Nuk, K. Allen, Golladay, Fitz Funchess, Cobb, Isabella, McLaurin, Cain
Kelce McDonald, Doyle, Waller

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR

2019 Champion
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Rivers, Big Ben
Zeke, Cook, Connor, A. Jones D. Williams, Ballage, M. Brown
Nuk, M. Thomas, AJG, Alshon A-Rob, Sammy, Crowder, Gallup
Njoku Henry, Hooper, Waller
20 picks-2 1sts, 2 2nds

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start, QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, 1 Superflex, Def
Rodgers, Cam Wilson
Miller, AP A. Jones, Gore, McGuire
Evans, OBJ, A-Rob, Boyd, Sutton Crowder, Sanu, Sutton, Grant, Kearse, C0Patt
Burton Butt, Uzomah
Jacksonville

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 am

Honey Badgers wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 am After the draft...Does his value change? Where to take him in a rookie/FA draft.
I think it improves a bit even though I was already high on him. A lot of shaky RB situations around the league, I'd take the bet that Beast Mode is a rock solid RB2 if not better this year and maybe next. 1.10 - 2.03 range to me for competitors .

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Seems like a lot of people are ridiculing others for considering him in the late 1st. On a contending team where I have the 2.02 and could use RB depth, I'm hoping he falls to there. I'm not sure what the argument against is...of course there's risk that he isn't as dominant as he was before. My argument for Lynch is that his upside is far higher in 2017 than any of the rookie RBs past the top tier with equal risk. Even if it's a RBBC in OAK, he's clearing the best red zone / goal line RB, and they have no dominant red zone receiving targets. Lynch has double-digit TD upside as game flow should dictate a lot of running clock and short goal line carries, much like Blount last year in NE.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon May 01, 2017 5:04 pm

With how the draft went - I would be comfortable with a late 1st if I was a serious contender.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Took him at 2.08 after the "promising" prospects were gone, desperately needed some rb help
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich