What is your NFL "Draftpocalypse" Scenario?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: What is your NFL "Draftpocalypse" Scenario?

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:16 am

This is a fun topic. My personal draftpocalypse would be Cleveland taking Fournette and and Buffalo taking Davis. I already own Crowell and Sammy, so I'd basically be betting against myself if I used the 1.01 on either of those rookies.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 am

The Buffalo thing does not scare me that much. I get its no ideal like powerful offenses are, but their problem last couple years has been a MAJOR commitment to the running game AKA Rex Ryan's offense and no play makers when Sammy is hurt. Not that Tyrod is some stud, but he can throw a decent deep ball and the running game at least keeps the opposing defenses really honest. Combine that with a new coach and it might not be that bad. Anyways, I think initially rookie draft targets going to places like SF, Cleveland, Jax, and NY scared me, but that is most likely where some top talent will go.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:18 am

I don't like the idea of Williams or/ Davis being the #2 on Buffalo, Cin, etc. You want them to get the most targets and have the opportunity to be #1. Even if this does take the pressure off them... if they can't be #1 guys.

I wouldn't be thrilled if speedsters such as Ross, KD Cannon, or Samuel landed on teams that have deep threats or solid slot guys. Miami, NE ect.

I'd say second tier guys like Foreman, Kamara ending up on Cowboys, Steelers or Cardinals would ruin my lunch. You don't want them stuck behind studs. These are the RBs that are going to be available toward the 2nd half of the 1st round and this would knock their value to the 2nd for most.

OJ Howard & other TEs on cin, NE, Redskins wouldn't be great. Teams that have an elite TE and solid WR wouldn't help his targets. TE is a position it's hard to see investing a 1st round rookie pick, but this class is so talented.

Not really sure I see a team investing in Fournette and Cook, to not give them touches. Obviously Fournette needs to go to a team that will allow him to get some 3rd down work.

BUT if all this 'draftpocalypse' in the World does happen on draft day. I have to believe that later round picks will have landed in ideal spots. Maybe a Marlon Mack to Indy, Godwin to Tenn, Zay Jones to Saints. Something to give us hope will happen... even if all goes wrong.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 am

Not sure why everyone keeps putting Buffalo on here as a bad landing spot for a WR. The team obviously has a huge need at the position, and being the #2 isn't a bad thing...very few rookies go to a team and become the #1 right away. Plus, once Sammy gets hurt again, then they automatically become the #1 option. And it's not like Tyrod is a bum, there are plenty of teams with much worse at QB that can possibly draft a WR.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 am Not sure why everyone keeps putting Buffalo on here as a bad landing spot for a WR. The team obviously has a huge need at the position, and being the #2 isn't a bad thing...very few rookies go to a team and become the #1 right away. Plus, once Sammy gets hurt again, then they automatically become the #1 option. And it's not like Tyrod is a bum, there are plenty of teams with much worse at QB that can possibly draft a WR.
Likely a run first team. Cold/bad weather. It's not the most appealing of landing spots among the reasonable potential ones.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 am
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 am Not sure why everyone keeps putting Buffalo on here as a bad landing spot for a WR. The team obviously has a huge need at the position, and being the #2 isn't a bad thing...very few rookies go to a team and become the #1 right away. Plus, once Sammy gets hurt again, then they automatically become the #1 option. And it's not like Tyrod is a bum, there are plenty of teams with much worse at QB that can possibly draft a WR.
Likely a run first team. Cold/bad weather. It's not the most appealing of landing spots among the reasonable potential ones.
Tennessee is a run first team, but everyone seems to love that landing spot. There are lots of other teams that play in cold/bad weather with WRs who do just fine.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 am
Tennessee is a run first team, but everyone seems to love that landing spot. There are lots of other teams that play in cold/bad weather with WRs who do just fine.
I don't think Titans have a true WR1. Matthews was good last year but Davis/Williams would be a clear WR1 for them. Buffalo has Watkins. Hogan left. Woods left. Just not a great spot for opportunity as a WR2 in Buffalo.

Not saying bad weather alone is a drawback - the question was Buffalo specifically. Just one of several reasons.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

If Cleveland takes a running back I'd cry.. Just bought crowell..
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

I don't think Titans have a true WR1. Matthews was good last year but Davis/Williams would be a clear WR1 for them. Buffalo has Watkins. Hogan left. Woods left. Just not a great spot for opportunity as a WR2 in Buffalo.

Not saying bad weather alone is a drawback - the question was Buffalo specifically. Just one of several reasons.
Aren't you contradicting yourself a little here? So since Tennessee doesn't have a true WR1, they would be a good landing spot (even though I'd argue that they have more quality players that would take away targets), but Buffalo is bad because every single WR outside of Watkins is basically gone and he would have zero competition.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 am
onetwothree wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

Aren't you contradicting yourself a little here? So since Tennessee doesn't have a true WR1, they would be a good landing spot (even though I'd argue that they have more quality players that would take away targets), but Buffalo is bad because every single WR outside of Watkins is basically gone and he would have zero competition.
Because a WR1 has value in a run first offense while the 2 names I gave as examples that left didn't do much as the WR2 option on that team.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 pm

typmakings wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:04 pm I think Fournette landing in Jacksonville is terrible for him. I doubt that they would be able to run the ball that much better with him there than they have with Ivory and Yeldon.

In the Jets current state I think any WR that lands there will be in trouble in terms of value.

While the Colts need a running back, their offensive line is so bad there that I could see it being damaging to any RBs value if one lands there.
Totally agree with the 1st two takes, but the Indy line is actually much improved, ESPECIALLY in regards to run blocking. It's a plus situation for sure
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CooperCrush » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:00 am

Any scenario that pushes either Davis or Williams out of the top 4. I have 1.5 and really need RB help!
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Herber, Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Walker, J Cook, Kamara, Dobbins, Mixon, Ford
WR: AJB, DK, Godwin, Higgins, Pittman, London, J Williams, Sutton, Mooney,
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Henry
2024 picks: 1.1 and 1.9

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

Team 2
QB:Allen, Fields, Carr
RB: CMC, Swift, JT, ETN, LF, Hines, Allgeier, Benjamin
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Boyd, M Brown, Claypool, ARSB, osbourne, C Davis, Wakins,
TE: Waller, Engram, L Thomas

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 am

So based on a lot of talk I am hearing as of this morning it would be Cleveland selecting Trubisky at #1 overall. While I believe he is the top QB in this draft and do want him in Cleveland, it is a mistake to take him at #1 - reason being that it means not getting Myles Garrett. If I had to prioritize the needs for them, it is both the QB and pass rush and they should be able to either get Trubisky by trading up from 12 or remaining at 12 and taking Watson (though this is less appealing). This would be a fantastic draft if they could come away with both but I am less excited about taking Trubisky at #1 with then the unknown of who they take at #12.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 am

Big fan of Corey Davis and try to be optimistic on his landing spot but I have been so hyped up with the possibility of him going to the Titans, Ravens, or Eagles that I think at this point I would be crushed if he goes anywhere else. I know that there is still other teams great for him it's just that those 3 have received so much love. The hype has sunk in for me.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:57 am

I'd laugh if the Browns go QB at 1.

Talk about blowing your draft right out of the gate. You can always count on the Browns for that! (Sorry CLE fans, at least you have LeBron!)

Are the QB options next year as bad? They can't wait? I mean it's not like the Browns will be good this year either. Just 76er another year or three - worked for Philly!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -