Draft Day

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Draft Day

Postby dlf_jeffh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Hey all you DLF'ers.

Just want to wish you happy NFL Draft day a couple of days early. I know all of you are superfans just like we are and I'm sure that draft day is right up there for you as one of the most exciting days of the season.

We hope your fantasy teams, and your real teams, strike gold in the draft and you steer clear of those dreaded busts. Go get that ring!

Most of all, thanks for being along for the ride with us here at DLF as we start our 12th season! We could be still doing what we're doing without all of you supporting us in any way you can. Thanks so much, you are appreciated.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Draft Day

Postby maxhyde » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 pm

NHL playoffs and the draft... super stoked.
Not to self: make sure the fridge is well stocked

Happy 12th DLF
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:13 am

Meet at a local bar, talk fantasy football trash, try to predict the first round, criticize the picks like we have 1/10th in information the NFL GMs have at their disposal.

Love it all.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks Jeff. Love the site & forums!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 am

I love draft day, but have to admit I am less fired up about it. My favorite team for 40+ years took a giant sh :nono: t on me/my hometown by moving to L.A. I'll still enjoy it from a dynasty/fantasy football point of view, but since I no longer have a favorite team that part will be gone. F :nono: ck you Dean Spanos!
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Looking forward to draft day! Was hunting for a good dynasty site after I found myself with 5 picks in the top 15 and ended up here. So happy to have found the site!

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Awesome, 123. Glad to have more fresh ideas!
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:09 pm

I take the day off after the draft every year and I have a friend I only see once a year on round one of the draft. We call him the draft Santa in our family. We always say every year that we need to get together soon and then we don't see each other again until draft night of the next year. I love the draft and watch every pick though I must admit I have to DVR to get this done due to my wife would give me those looks by the 5th round.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Walter W. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 am I love draft day, but have to admit I am less fired up about it. My favorite team for 40+ years took a giant sh :nono: t on me/my hometown by moving to L.A. I'll still enjoy it from a dynasty/fantasy football point of view, but since I no longer have a favorite team that part will be gone. F :nono: ck you Dean Spanos!
Welcome to the club.

I'd like to feel compassion for others cities but it's hard since no one outside of Cleveland seemed to give a damn when they bolted for Baltimore. No one should ever have go thru it. Except LA...They keep landing teams from other cities and they don't even care enough to go to the games. Why the NFL keeps wanting to put a team there makes no sense.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Great job and congrats on 12 years, Jeff!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 am

skip wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm
Walter W. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 am I love draft day, but have to admit I am less fired up about it. My favorite team for 40+ years took a giant sh :nono: t on me/my hometown by moving to L.A. I'll still enjoy it from a dynasty/fantasy football point of view, but since I no longer have a favorite team that part will be gone. F :nono: ck you Dean Spanos!
Welcome to the club.

I'd like to feel compassion for others cities but it's hard since no one outside of Cleveland seemed to give a damn when they bolted for Baltimore. No one should ever have go thru it. Except LA...They keep landing teams from other cities and they don't even care enough to go to the games. Why the NFL keeps wanting to put a team there makes no sense.
For what it's worth, I thought it was bullsh*t when Modell moved the Browns.

Dean Spanos is easily the most inept owner in the NFL. He failed to build a coalition and fan support for a stadium in San Diego after numerous P.R. blunders over the years pissed off voters. He then failed in his attempt to build a stadium in Carson, so the NFL gave him a sweetheart deal consolation prize. Failed once again to get something done in San Diego after poisoning the well by pissing off most of the voters. But I doubt he was really trying in that "last ditch effort," just trying to con fans and others around the NFL into thinking he had no choice but to move. And now Kroenke is building a stadium for him to play in. He's described as "well liked, a good soldier" among NFL owners, but that's because he's a non-threatening b*tch who will do what he's told. Chargers fans put up with him because we had no choice, then he took a big dump on us. Daddy gave him the team, he has no clue what he's doing. F*ck dean Spanos! :x
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7