M. Gillislee to Pats?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Re: M. Gillislee to Pats?

Postby James McGhee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:12 pm With Gillislee signed and White's extension, Burkhead's present value just evaporated, in my opinion. I refuse to buy any RB in that backfield now. It's the ultimate crapshoot and more than likely a three-man rotation, at best.
For fantasy I couldn't agree more.

As I stated earlier in the Cooks thread, I think with Cooks stretching the field and Gronkowski hopefully healthy again and terrorizing the seam routes the underneath is going to be wide open. With Edelmann in the slot and White, Lewis(?), and Burkhead in motion and playing check down and flats receiver NE offense is going to be a monster. Brady is the beneficiary here. He can still throw deep so Cooks will get his, and Gronkowski too, but his bread and butter has always been the quick release short passes that have often substituted for a run game. It's in this area that NE will be almost unstoppable. And if you play in to prevent that he will burn you over the top to Cooks or Gronkowski.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:20 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:12 pm With Gillislee signed and White's extension, Burkhead's present value just evaporated, in my opinion. I refuse to buy any RB in that backfield now.

A few weeks ago I messaged the Burkhead owner in my league and asked him to just pick the players on my roster he'd accept for Burkhead, and we'd negotiate from there. And he tells me, "I'm not looking to trade him, his value can only go up." smh

Value can always go down.
I actually think Burkhead is the guy to own in the backfield, if anyone is. If the Bills don't match, then Gillislee will certainly be an asset. I think this speaks more to their future. I can see them letting Amendola, and Edelman go next year and roll with Cooks (re-signed), Hogan and Mitchell, and possibly convert one of these pass catching RB's to a slot receiver.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm waiting for the Pats to put a rb in a trade shortly after the Bills fail to match.
Maybe they signed White in preparation to trading him? Maybe the Saints wanted white in a deal with Butler but to make the trade work, the Saints wanted more assured years from White.
What would be very funny is if they stole Gillislee from the Bills, and then they turn around and use Gillislee as a trade asset.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Assuming BUF doesn't match, I think the Pats trade D Lewis in a deal to the Saints involving Butler

Like this for Gillislee but definitely muddies the backfield. It's interesting that Burkhead got a 1 year and the Gillislee offer is 2 (albeit front loaded at $4 mil the first year and I think the had to go multi year with him being a RFA) and Whites extension is thru 2020

What's more interesting is the fact that the Pats gave both Burkhead and Gillislee more than $3 mil/yr and L Murray got $4 mil + and nobody is touching AP, Charles, Blount, etc

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm

I was pretty shocked to see this today. I already had Dion Lewis and Gillislee. I was already thinking about dropping Lewis to make room for rookie picks as I have 0 faith he can stay healthy. I picked up Gillislee off waivers to start last season and kept him on my roster as he was showing he could produce when given volume.

With the news today I'll probably drop Lewis during our rookie draft and hold Gillislee and see what he can do. If he puts up big numbers quickly I may try to move him for 2018 rookie picks and cash out while I can.
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:40 pm

There will be RB2 value in Pats backfield, there always is. As for who it will be. ....I have no freackin idea.

I've said this before about the NE RBs and I'll say it again; I want as many shares of the backfield as I can get for free, but I never want to pay for a NE RB. As soon as NE RB shoots up in value, I want to sell as quickly as I can. I have a lot of Burkhead shares and tried to do just that when he signed with NE, but unfortunately nobody was interested in him where I own him. I guess I'll just hold and hope one emerges during the season.

Coincidentally, I have two Gillislee shares and happen to also own Burkhead in both leagues as well. Hopefully between the two of them I'll end up inheriting a usable RB.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Patriots bringing the wishbone to the NFL.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm

Dynastychamp111 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 pm Fire sale time for Dion? Or would this be a good time to buy him cheap?
This makes me very happy for the time i sold dion for a 17 first. Now that 1.4 is looking pretty sweet. I really like Gillislee to the pats, it kills my Blount share but that was on its last leg anyways.
This makes me even more embarrassed for that time I traded Lewis and Delanie Walker for future first. Lewis tore his ACL the next week, and the first became 1.01 (Zeke) :silent:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Lol there were people turning down two firsts for dion Lewis.

Never trust s bellicheck RB. That's been set in stone for a while now although I did get some good starts out of Ridley.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Dynastychamp111 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 pm Fire sale time for Dion? Or would this be a good time to buy him cheap?
This makes me very happy for the time i sold dion for a 17 first. Now that 1.4 is looking pretty sweet. I really like Gillislee to the pats, it kills my Blount share but that was on its last leg anyways.
This makes me even more embarrassed for that time I traded Lewis and Delanie Walker for future first. Lewis tore his ACL the next week, and the first became 1.01 (Zeke) :silent:
Do you two need towels to help clean each other up? We're all so excited for how great you guys are at making trades.... :crazy:
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 pm

I don't really see how this impacts Lewis. The assumption was always that the Pats were bringing in Blount, or someone like Blount, to be the battering ram workhorse. Gillislee fits the bill. Even if you thought they might not, Burkhead was the likely beneficiary, not Lewis.

The White deal is not a good sign for Lewis, but he was going to have to outplay White either way. This just makes it clear the Pats have faith in White.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 pm I don't really see how this impacts Lewis. The assumption was always that the Pats were bringing in Blount, or someone like Blount, to be the battering ram workhorse. Gillislee fits the bill. Even if you thought they might not, Burkhead was the likely beneficiary, not Lewis.

The White deal is not a good sign for Lewis, but he was going to have to outplay White either way. This just makes it clear the Pats have faith in White.
Yeah it's a weird situation for sure. If you can figure out who will fill the Blount role, that's the RB who will probably have the most consistent workload. I think there's a lot of redundancy with the role of the pass catching back, as they have White/Lewis and I believe Burkhead is a better pass catching RB than many may think he is.

It just seems like they have more RBs right now than they'll end up using (especially if Bolden stays around for his ST work) and that another trade or some cuts are still to come. I think Lewis is the most obvious trade/cut candidate.
Ben

Luck/Cousins
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm Do you two need towels to help clean each other up? We're all so excited for how great you guys are at making trades.... :crazy:
Chill dude :lol: I have been plenty forward about sharing my terrible trades here as well. Pretty sure I still won the "worst trade you have made" thread :mrgreen:

Yeah I think the White news is more why I am down on Lewis. Gillislee and White are now locked up past this year, Burkhead has more guaranteed money, and a lot of the skills overlap between White, Burkhead and Lewis. It is hard to envision any point I am comfortable starting Lewis.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Typical BB zigging while everyone else is zagging. While other teams draft running backs in this deep running back draft. The Patriots will be getting value at other positions.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 pm I don't really see how this impacts Lewis. The assumption was always that the Pats were bringing in Blount, or someone like Blount, to be the battering ram workhorse. Gillislee fits the bill. Even if you thought they might not, Burkhead was the likely beneficiary, not Lewis.

Yeah it's a weird situation for sure. If you can figure out who will fill the Blount role, that's the RB who will probably have the most consistent workload. I think there's a lot of redundancy with the role of the pass catching back, as they have White/Lewis and I believe Burkhead is a better pass catching RB than many may think he is.

It just seems like they have more RBs right now than they'll end up using (especially if Bolden stays around for his ST work) and that another trade or some cuts are still to come. I think Lewis is the most obvious trade/cut candidate.
I don't think there will be a Blount role, exactly. Probably more passing TDs and less rushing TDs