M. Gillislee to Pats?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: M. Gillislee to Pats?

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm

CK_ wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:12 pm All these moves by the Patriots is seeming crazy to me now. I know this might be crazy but are they worried about Brady doing a Peyton-esque type of drop off? Retaining Jimmy G and making all these signings and now this? Do they want Brady to win one more Bowl and ride off into the sunset? I don't know just seems crazy to make all these signings... it seems so panicky. I like Gillislee on there with his potentional use it just really seems like they are going crazy over there in Pats camp.
Or they are just more actively doing their jobs...
It's the offseason. Every front office should be non-stop scouring the league to see where it may improve their roster. The teams that do nothing should give their fanbase cause for concern (concern that their front office is not so great/confident enough with their evaluations and therefore won't take any risks/make moves).

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Now the Pats just need to draft Mixon in the 7th and the backfield will be complete.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:50 pm

CK_ wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:12 pm All these moves by the Patriots is seeming crazy to me now. I know this might be crazy but are they worried about Brady doing a Peyton-esque type of drop off? Retaining Jimmy G and making all these signings and now this? Do they want Brady to win one more Bowl and ride off into the sunset? I don't know just seems crazy to make all these signings... it seems so panicky. I like Gillislee on there with his potentional use it just really seems like they are going crazy over there in Pats camp.
or they just recognize talent when they see it. it's not the first time they have made an offer like this to a guy that has been overshadowed that they think they can bring in and do more with. Gillislee has been fairly decent in his time he has gotten (similar to Hogan last year) I think it's more to do with going all in to give Brady an opportunity to win another superbowl rather than thinking he's only got one year left. Bill has made it pretty clear he believes Jimmy is the heir to Brady and that he's comfortable with keeping him. I hope they do, personally. I think he's shown enough in his limited time to prove he can compete in this league, especially if Bill sticks around after Brady retires.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm
It's the offseason. Every front office should be non-stop scouring the league to see where it may improve their roster. The teams that do nothing should give their fanbase cause for concern (concern that their front office is not so great/confident enough with their evaluations and therefore won't take any risks/make moves).
Exactly, they are being proactive rather than reactive like most of the league. The moves they have made are neither panicky nor random. The Patriots are a much better team today than a few months ago when they won the Super Bowl.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:56 pm

behind the chaos there is order. we will see it in due time. but it's fun to see the pats make their moves that leave everyone guessing what's going on but then when they are in the playoffs again it will be clear why they did what they did.

i kinda get the feeling that they are taking a page from the fantasy world and believe in the no-RB theory. they are stocking up on RBs knowing that it's a fragile position and that having depth there will help them in the long run. The Cooks trade was interesting, but we've known for a while that Bill likes Cooks and now he's got his guy.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:57 pm

dm1129 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:55 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm
Exactly, they are being proactive rather than reactive like most of the league. The moves they have made are neither panicky nor random. The Patriots are a much better team today than a few months ago when they won the Super Bowl.
Be afraid NFL. Be very afraid.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Very unusual. I do think there is something to it. The huge FA signings, all the trade rumors, getting cook, Dwayne Allen, burkhead and now possible Gillislee.... I have thought about maybe this is all for Brady to make his last run. Maybe, but I also think Gronk is a possible cut or trade that could happen. He isnt a UFA until 2020 but they have an out in 2018, only 4 million dead cap. He comes back healthy they could trade this year and they would still possibly win it all. They have the weapons to run allen and 4 wide outs, or two backs in backfiled, and three wide sets. Lots of options with this roster now. A nightmare.... I am trying to get rid of all pats except brady at this point.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Love it as a Gil owner. I know the backfield is a mess, but he's now the highest paid RB on the roster, and hoodie doesnt just give 5th round picks away for special teams gunners.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Dynastychamp111 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm
Very unusual. I do think there is something to it. The huge FA signings, all the trade rumors, getting cook, Dwayne Allen, burkhead and now possible Gillislee.... I have thought about maybe this is all for Brady to make his last run. Maybe, but I also think Gronk is a possible cut or trade that could happen. He isnt a UFA until 2020 but they have an out in 2018, only 4 million dead cap. He comes back healthy they could trade this year and they would still possibly win it all. They have the weapons to run allen and 4 wide outs, or two backs in backfiled, and three wide sets. Lots of options with this roster now. A nightmare.... I am trying to get rid of all pats except brady at this point.
The way he played last year it's more likely they're loading up for a couple more runs.

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I feel the the Pats backfield will be amazing...

In real life.

Fantasy? Yeah. Good luck.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Same thing was said about Peyton during his record breaking year. I don't personally think Brady will be done next year but it sure is a lot to hold and add not to be a little suspicious of Belicheck and his get rid of a player early policy. Plus.... this is basically the Patriots draft because they are notoriously on the lower end of the totem pole in drafting. Might as well get players that have shown flashes or are proven in the NFL. I feel like they are playing Madden right now.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Pats just signed White to a 3 yr extension.

Manning had multiple neck and back surgeries that helped speed his decline. Brady's health is sooooo much better than Manning.

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 pm

I'll just continue to avoid Patriots RB's in fantasy.

Gillislee (potentially), White, Lewis and Burkhead? Good luck trying to figure out who's the value there.

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:32 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:22 am What are the odds the Bills match the offer? I read they have 5 days to match.
I think they match
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:12 pm

With Gillislee signed and White's extension, Burkhead's present value just evaporated, in my opinion. I refuse to buy any RB in that backfield now.

A few weeks ago I messaged the Burkhead owner in my league and asked him to just pick the players on my roster he'd accept for Burkhead, and we'd negotiate from there. And he tells me, "I'm not looking to trade him, his value can only go up." smh

Value can always go down.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE