Poll: Brandon cooks yards and touchdowns

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.

Brandon cooks: yards and touchdowns

Poll ended at Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 am

500 yds & 5 tds
No votes
600 yds & 6 tds
2%
700 yds & 7 tds
5%
800 yds & 8 tds
16%
900 yds & 9 tds
31%
1000 yds & 10 tds or more
45%

Total votes: 55

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Poll: Brandon cooks yards and touchdowns

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:33 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm good point and he missed 6 games as a rook as well - perhaps that means something perhaps not !
He broke his hand in practice.

ETA- actually in a game. Mixed him up with Coleman. Still, suggesting that he might be soft and will get alligator arms because he broke his thumb 3 years ago seems like a stretch.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 am one other thing to factor in for those that think that cooks will usurp edelman's role , can he absorb the beating that edelman takes and keep jumping up and making plays ? Not every person on the planet regardless of their physical gifts can do that , cooks doesn't profile as someone that can take the abuse that edelman has taken . Amazing speed and quickness but if he cannot take the beating & gets shy w/ alligator arms leading to a pick or three brady will shy away quick because if nothing else the pats hate turnovers .
Not sure I can agree with you on this one. I actually have viewed Cooks as a tough and durable wr for his size. He has taken some big hits in traffic and seems to have no qualms with it.
As for whether or not he can do it without getting injured...well Cooks' ENTIRE significant injury history (including college) is a broken hand. That's it.
Edelman?
2009- fractured right forearm
2011- fractured hand
2012- fractured foot, fractured hand
2015- fractured foot (Jones)
Not to mention nearly yearly sprained ankles and concussions that have taken him out of numerous games. Edelman keeps coming back from it all and for that I commend him as a tough SOB, but he has definitely earned a higher injury risk label than Cooks in my opinion.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 pm

That jump ball catch in the end zone against the broncos stout d in double coverage shows me a guy with much more potential than he's being given

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 am

LMAO. :nono:

Cooks and the mentioning of the 6 games he missed and using that logic to compare his "toughness" or the potential lack of it - to Edelman's.

Some just run with stuff around here regardless if it is factual or has ANYTHING to back it up. I dang near spit up coffee on my desk reading the last few posts here.

Love the passing attempts comparison too. Sure NE threw less with Brady out the first 4 games. That made sense and it was mentioned. And then, the other two examples were stated and were around 50 attempt or less different. So...... Lets go with say 50 passing attempts different (less) as a team for NE from NO for Cooks. That equates to 3.125 fewer attempts per game. So..... now, we can logically come to the conclusion that because NE will likely pass about 3.1 attempts less per game that we can say that B.Cooks is going to a worse situation.

The crap that gets put on these threads is just something else.

Wowzers....... :wall:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am

I wonder what the odds makers would give me on Malcolm Mitchell catching more passes, not yards or tds, than Cooks

I'd toss a bet