Rishard Matthews thoughts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Rishard Matthews thoughts

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:20 pm

He started out rough with his new team through the first 5-6 games, however he was top 10-15 the rest of the year, seems to have gained the trust of Mariota. Anyone have thoughts, I haven't seen a lot of talk on here about him.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Rishard Matthews thoughts

Postby Go Bucks » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 pm

He would get more love if Titans weren't expected to use 1 of their 2 first-round picks on a WR. He's a nice buy-low even if they do draft a WR. With D Walker getting up there in age, his targets will be declining. Only knock on Matthews is he's older than most realize, as he'll turn 28 this season.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 pm He would get more love if Titans weren't expected to use 1 of their 2 first-round picks on a WR. He's a nice buy-low even if they do draft a WR. With D Walker getting up there in age, his targets will be declining. Only knock on Matthews is he's older than most realize, as he'll turn 28 this season.
I hear ya, thing is, no matter who they draft they'll still be a rookie. We need to stop thinking every rookie is going to come out and tear it up. So Matthews will still be the WR1 on the Titans with an improved Mariota. I think if you can get him for a late 2nd and if he gives you solid depth for the next couple years it's completely worth it.
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 pm He would get more love if Titans weren't expected to use 1 of their 2 first-round picks on a WR. He's a nice buy-low even if they do draft a WR. With D Walker getting up there in age, his targets will be declining. Only knock on Matthews is he's older than most realize, as he'll turn 28 this season.
If they draft someone like Davis or Williams then that's a bad signal because they're similar type of WRs. If they draft Ross I wouldn't be too worried because they'd play different roles.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Titans GM seems like someone who would draft a WR with a high pick in spite of the idiocy of doing so. There are two types of GM's- those who pick RB & WR high (those that trade up to pick a player) and those who pick defensive players (and trade down in the draft). I know the Titans traded down last year but even their dumb bleep GM had no choice to do that- he redeemed his terrible reputation himself by trading back up! and then picking a RB high in the 2nd round. Remember when the bare bones Colts chose P Dorsett in the 1st round? well, that's what the Titans could do.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm

df_sarc wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 pm Titans GM seems like someone who would draft a WR with a high pick in spite of the idiocy of doing so. There are two types of GM's- those who pick RB & WR high (those that trade up to pick a player) and those who pick defensive players (and trade down in the draft). I know the Titans traded down last year but even their dumb bleep GM had no choice to do that- he redeemed his terrible reputation himself by trading back up! and then picking a RB high in the 2nd round. Remember when the bare bones Colts chose P Dorsett in the 1st round? well, that's what the Titans could do.
Have heard mostly positives about the Titans GM. Seems to be making all the right moves so far. You must be thinking about the guy who was there before Robinson took over a year or so ago.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:29 am

Jon Robinson has done a darn good job in his short time with the Titans.

I would believe that Rishard Matthews would do plenty well. Love the cheap overlooked Players.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:58 am

Grabbed him in 2 leagues for a late 2nd each. Failed in a third. He is a late break out guy that should give cheap depth or maybe better for a few years. At the price, he's all upside.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

my first thought is "thanks for ruining my Tajae Sharpe shares.
my second thought is wait maybe it was Tajae Sharpe who ruined my Tajae Sharpe shares.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am

Corey Davis visiting the Titans today and tomorrow.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm

onetwothree wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am Corey Davis visiting the Titans today and tomorrow.

If they draft Davis, once again he'll still be a rookie, whom couldn't even suit up today if needed. I don't see him effecting Matthews role on the team this year.
12 Team 1QB PPR

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Never Veto wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm
onetwothree wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am Corey Davis visiting the Titans today and tomorrow.

If they draft Davis, once again he'll still be a rookie, whom couldn't even suit up today if needed. I don't see him effecting Matthews role on the team this year.
Said of everyone that skipped over on OBJ more or less :think:

Sorry was amused. Still believe in Rishard Matthews as a upside WR2 for the next 2 years.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Never Veto wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Not sure the Titans agree with that assessment. Looks like they're aware they need to upgrade weapons.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Led TEN with only 108 targets last season in a low volume passing attack that is unlikely to see substantial increases in volume on a team likely to bring in more competition for targets. Fantasy production primarily from an unsustainably high TD rate last year. Overall, nice receiver but with limited fantasy upside. Fine as a low end WR3/ high end WR4.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:07 pm
If they draft someone like Davis or Williams then that's a bad signal because they're similar type of WRs. If they draft Ross I wouldn't be too worried because they'd play different roles.
Good points.

Matthews is similar to Thielen in a way, in that we as a community don't want to accept the fact that either WR will be a key part of their respective team's long term plans.

Rishard, of course, has had a longer track record of production.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)