Re: What's the consensus on Treadwell?

Postby AdrianBeatyerson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Hold tight.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Well, you really don't have a choice but to hold. Otherwise, you're going to get crap offers and sell low.

I don't own Treadwell in any leagues, but I think the jury is still out. There are absolutely red flags though. He was billed as a WR who was NFL ready, but everything from the Vikings indicated that he was very raw. When they put him in the games, you could see why he wasn't playing.

He should get his shot next season, but if you were willing to spend a Top-5 pick on him last year, there had to be something about him that you really liked. So, why give up so soon?

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 pm

AdrianBeatyerson wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:35 pm Hold tight.
What should OP do with his incoming contracts? I don't like Treadwell better than anyone in the entire 2017 rookie first round, let alone Top 7.
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Never Veto wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 am An article from 3 months ago. Take what you want from it.

http://thevikingage.com/2016/12/27/the- ... s-in-2016/
Absolutely. If anything, he's a buy.

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 pm

I was watching draft breakdown to scout Mike Williams and the player he reminded me of most is Treadwell. I think Treadwell is the Best Buy in dynasty right now. Williams is a nearly top round pick, yet some will sell Treadwell for a much lower pick.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm

We didn't actually used to expect our rookie WRs to blow up. Thanks, 2014!

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 pm

We have always expected the legitimately promising rookies to earn meaningful snaps their first season, be activated for every game, and not, for example, get leapfrogged on the depth-chart by a third year undrafted player that had only twenty career receptions.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Shaft4783 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:43 pm
Never Veto wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 am An article from 3 months ago. Take what you want from it.

http://thevikingage.com/2016/12/27/the- ... s-in-2016/
Absolutely. If anything, he's a buy.
You know, I want to get on board with the article's premise that Zimmer intentionally took it slow with a rookie but it feels like hometown hype. The Vikings had a disastrous start to the season with Bridgewater's injury and sold part of the farm away to get Bradford. That was a win-now team with SB aspirations and they made an aggressive move to tell the league, "We ain't quitting."

Lost their franchise RB in September. The WRs in front of Treadwell were mostly JAGS. The potential star, Diggs, had constant injury issues. The new QB was thrown into a pressure cooker and needed weapons.

So I just can't see Zimmer sitting back in his desk chair and saying, "No, I don't care what you all say, we can't rush the rookie wide receiver. Give him more time to watch and learn."
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Treadwell should hire whoever is in charge of running Stefon Diggs' social media because Diggs is only posting himself working out/WR training...

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:40 pm

At first I saw Treadwell with a "looks good enough, but doesn't excite me" eye.

I personally had Zeke, Doctson, Henry and Shepard ahead of him last year.

Now I see him as a sinking ship, whatever you can get for him - take it and run! I can't see him leapfrogging either one of Diggs, Thielen and even Rudolph for targets in 2017. Regardless of a guy's draft pedigree, do you really think the 4th passing option on the Vikings will win your team games?
#FreeCoreyDavis

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:02 am

Think it was Cecil Lammey I heard comparing him to Cody Latimer in that Treadwell's struggles are all in the mind.

Latimer hasn't been able to get it together yet. Will Treadwell?
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am

There have been plenty of studs to have mediocre to poor to hardly even making a ripple in their first season. Would I prefer Treadwell to have had an OBJ/Cooks/Watkins like season 1? Of course. But again, I challenge people to go back and look at the rookie year of many of the studs from today and from the past.

The arguements against him are so illogical at times as well. He couldn't even jump Theilen, etc. Look at Jordy's breakout and how long it took him to breakout. Do you think there might have been similar stories circulating about him and who he couldn't jump?

All that said, I don't actually hold out high hopes for him. But come on, trying to trade him for very end of the 1st or some 2nd round pick? The hit rate on those picks is like 8%. Do you REALLY think there is less than a 8% chance Treadwell turns it around? (Meaning a low end wr2) I mean he only has to turn it around like 1 out of 7 times to be worth twice a 2nd round pick.

To play my own devils advocate :P, if you want to draft a player and hope to hit, and I don't mean actually getting a hit, more of a chance to sell him for a higher pick, then I could understand that. But if you think you can get a 2nd round pick and just spike real production then I think you are probably playing against the odds.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 am

ChuckCecil26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pmSo I just can't see Zimmer sitting back in his desk chair and saying, "No, I don't care what you all say, we can't rush the rookie wide receiver. Give him more time to watch and learn."
This actually sounds exactly like something Zimmer would say
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

Never Veto wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:15 am
ChuckCecil26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pmSo I just can't see Zimmer sitting back in his desk chair and saying, "No, I don't care what you all say, we can't rush the rookie wide receiver. Give him more time to watch and learn."
This actually sounds exactly like something Zimmer would say
:D

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 am There have been plenty of studs to have mediocre to poor to hardly even making a ripple in their first season. Would I prefer Treadwell to have had an OBJ/Cooks/Watkins like season 1? Of course. But again, I challenge people to go back and look at the rookie year of many of the studs from today and from the past.

The arguements against him are so illogical at times as well. He couldn't even jump Theilen, etc. Look at Jordy's breakout and how long it took him to breakout. Do you think there might have been similar stories circulating about him and who he couldn't jump?

All that said, I don't actually hold out high hopes for him. But come on, trying to trade him for very end of the 1st or some 2nd round pick? The hit rate on those picks is like 8%. Do you REALLY think there is less than a 8% chance Treadwell turns it around? (Meaning a low end wr2) I mean he only has to turn it around like 1 out of 7 times to be worth twice a 2nd round pick.

To play my own devils advocate :P, if you want to draft a player and hope to hit, and I don't mean actually getting a hit, more of a chance to sell him for a higher pick, then I could understand that. But if you think you can get a 2nd round pick and just spike real production then I think you are probably playing against the odds.
Don't think it's illogical to plant a red flag if a 1st round draft pick utterly fails to impact the depth chart during his rookie season. It's just one flag on the wall, but it's worth consideration.

This is a unique business, where each and every spring, the Company hires and invites dozens of candidates to STEAL some of their employees' jobs. Treadwell was drafted to make someone else irrelevant, yet he was invisible.

Agree that Jordy is a good example of a WR who took time to develop into a bona fide star, but he saw 55 targets as a rookie with a couple TDs (playing behind Driver and Jennings who had 1000-yard seasons) and he was a contributor on special teams.

For 16 Sundays last year, most of us wondered if Treadwell was even in the building.