What's the consensus on Treadwell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
austing
Role Player
Role Player

What's the consensus on Treadwell?

Postby austing » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Heard the staff say he still has a long way to go. He's eating up 3 contract years on my bench which I need to put enough years on my 1.02-1.04, & 1.07 rookies. Cut my losses with him or does anyone think he should be worth skimping on my incoming rookie draft contracts?
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: What's the consensus on Treadwell?

Postby ericanadian » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 pm

How many WRs do you need to start. If it's less than three he's unlikely to be anything more than a spot starter before the current contract you have assigned to him expires. We've seen the Shurmur/Bradford magic before and I don't expect the second round of it to be much better than the first. I'm not sure how your free agency works, but I'd probably cut him in your situation.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Don't cut your losses on him until after this year.
But I own no shares of him for a reason, even in leagues where I had picks to take him, I consistently passed on him or traded out of the pick for him.
I was concerned when he came out, and I'm very concerned now
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:00 pm

locally not hearing good things.........if you had better option i would go with them.....he is a waiver wire guy at this point.
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:07 pm

I'd cut your losses and invest in your new rookies. Get what you can now in a trade if possible, before the draft.

They don't have a 1st round pick, but I'd expect the Vikings to take a WR early in the draft, maybe as soon as round 2. I've seen Juju and Godwin mocked to them -- not that the mocks mean anything at all, it's just noise - but there's a good chance the Vikings are already preparing for the worst re Treadwell's career orbit, so you might want to do the same.
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 pm

If you really want a more accurate impression of the consensus, make a poll. For every person that views this forum and writes a post, there are five more who just lurk... but those lurkers are decently likely to vote in a poll.

My individual opinion on Treadwell is that I always thought he had red flags draped all over his profile even back in college (not very athletic, not amazing production, averaged just 8 yards a catch on 72 receptions one of his collegiate seasons), so his faceplant rookie-year only conformed to my pessimism regarding him. Personally, I think he'll be fortunate just to make it in the NFL as a steady complementary receiver somewhere.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 pm

You're not going to get much in terms of 2017 picks so maybe target 2018 pick and you might get someone to bite on a 1st? Might be best time to try and buy 2018 picks since everyone is focused on 2018. Try that or do a 2 for 1 deal and see if you can get an upgrade.

Otherwise seems way too early to cut bait. There's bound to be a flash or some good news as he goes through his 2nd training camp and sell as soon as you hear some buzz.

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm

He's a hold. Charles Johnson and Patterson are both gone.

If you sell now you're selling for pennies on the dollar. Might as well hold, see what happens.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Shaft4783 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm He's a hold. Charles Johnson and Patterson are both gone.

If you sell now you're selling for pennies on the dollar. Might as well hold, see what happens.
This. Unless you're getting late 1st value in return for him, I'd rather just hold and wait it out. That's especially true for those that spent a top 4 pick on him last year.

We tend to at the long term potential of a player, but during this time if year we sometimes forget how much weekly ebb and flow there can be with a player's value during the summer and into the season. If you want to sell Treadwell I'd wait until some summer blurbs generate some interest in him, or wait until he shows something on the field during the season. Even if you believe his arrow is pointed down long-term, I have to believe there will be a better opportunity to sell Treadwell than what the market for him is as of today.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:48 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 pm If you really want a more accurate impression of the consensus, make a poll. For every person that views this forum and writes a post, there are five more who just lurk... but those lurkers are decently likely to vote in a poll.
I agree here, I have thousands of posts, but I bet I've read tens of thousands of topics. If there is a poll I'll more than likely vote, but there is a small chance I will post.

As for Treadwell I believe you are not going to see a real return for another year, if that isn't going to work for your contract years I would try trade him. He needed work coming out of College and the situation for the Vikes wasn't the best for a Raw rookie. New QB that didn't get there till the end of preseason, No running game, Offensive Coordinator quit half way through the season, and of course injuries. So it wasn't an ideal situation, I'm not trying to make excuses, but I wasn't expecting him to tear it up right when he came into the league anyway. If you can't wait, then trade him.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 am

An article from 3 months ago. Take what you want from it.

http://thevikingage.com/2016/12/27/the- ... s-in-2016/
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 am

How big is your league and what are your starting requirements?
I'd be looking to drop/move LGreen, Martin, Woodhead, Kicker, Rivers before outright cutting Treadwell
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 am

Shaft4783 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 pm He's a hold. Charles Johnson and Patterson are both gone.

Agree with holding under typical circumstances but OP is trying to decide how many years to allocate to his incoming rookie contracts (multiple picks). If he keeps the eggs in the Treadwell basket, there's a price to be paid. It's not as simple as stash and hope.

IMO, the fact that Treadwell couldn't outplay Charles Johnson and Patterson last year is Red Flag Number Nine. When an NFL team spends Pick #23 on a WR, they expect him to blow past a guy like Charles Johnson within the first few days of camp.
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am

ChuckCecil26 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 am

Agree with holding under typical circumstances but OP is trying to decide how many years to allocate to his incoming rookie contracts (multiple picks). If he keeps the eggs in the Treadwell basket, there's a price to be paid. It's not as simple as stash and hope.

IMO, the fact that Treadwell couldn't outplay Charles Johnson and Patterson last year is Red Flag Number Nine. When an NFL team spends Pick #23 on a WR, they expect him to blow past a guy like Charles Johnson within the first few days of camp.
If he couldn't beat out Johnson and Patterson that is troubling to me considering what we know about Patterson's receiving ability. (In space he's amazing but getting him to run the route tree in order to get him the ball has always been his problem.)
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:34 am

I would take a second for him. It does not matter where the Vikes or you drafted him. I understand that rookies take time, but I expect them to flash a little. When a player does absolutely nothing, on a team that was starving for WR and was beat out for a role by guys they released or had not interest in keeping (Charles Johnson), then I see no future in them or a very very limited one that would never make my starting line up.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st