Ishmael Zamora's Pro Day numbers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Ishmael Zamora's Pro Day numbers

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm Who's shows are you listening to that are always right with their takes?
Sweet job with the non sequitur fallacy, effectively putting words in my mouth I didn't say.

I listen to Waldman's podcasts, on occasion. Most of the time, I don't actually piggyback on other people's opinions; I read and gather data to establish a profile, watch some tape to confirm/refute and polish that assessment, and then I have my own opinion. Novel concept?

Look, if you enjoy listening to a persistent hypocrite's opinions declared with the kind of pompous confidence of which only the ignorant are capable, and by which only the lazy are impressed, be my guest. I don't get why pewdiepie has 54 million youtube subscribers, either.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 pm

I like matt kelly & the dynasty nerds. They may not be right all the time but the analysis & logic is solid, while being entertaining.

Matt Kelly in particular does a killer job at analyzing the players no one is talking about. Talking about AJ & DJ is pointless. He was ahead of the curve last year for Tyrell & Meredith. I wouldnt be jumping on the Zamora bandwagon unless his path to playing time looked good. I only do a 2 rd draft for my league so he'll be their for that wire pickup time we hold for undraftees.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Kelley doesn't even bother to watch tape, you know. By his own admission. Metrics are supposedly enough... except those times he turns around and chooses for some mysterious egoistic reason to ignore metrics, which is a routine occurrence with him.

I need a word for a person who is randomly dogmatic. I can't think of any, probably because it's a ridiculous, self-contradicting concept. And yet, that's Matt Kelley.

And now I am finished talking about Matt Kelley. Feel free to post your support of the man here, folks, I will make silent note.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Who is Matt kelley? Is he the main guy on Dynasty Nerds, the host who has extra saliva in his mouth all the time?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Rotolibrarian
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Rotolibrarian » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 am

DragonPhly wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:17 pm
IBall2 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:01 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Kelley's history of faceplant predictions is amazingly bad, so afaic this is a strike against Zamora. Kelley's like the homeless man's Skip Bayless of fantasy football pundits.
Haha I like this analogy of Kelley, I will use this next time someone talks to me about his podcast. He does have a lot of hot takes that seem a little off.
Regardless of his takes, hes damn entertaining to listen to none the less.
He's more of an entertainer versus a fantasy football analyst. Most of the time I find him funny and amusing, but about 25% of the time he annoys the crap out of me. He is kind of like the result of Happy Harry Hard-On growing up and getting into dynasty football.
Team 1

10 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DEF (21 roster spots total)
QB- Newton, Dak
RB- Zeke, Howard, Gio, C.J. Anderson, Woodhead, Darius Jackson
WR- Cooper, Decker, Sanders, Mitchell, Maclin, Lockett, Doctson, DGB, Agholor
TE- Gronk, Hunter Henry
D- None
2017- 1.07, 1.08, 1.09, 2.01, 2.06, 2.08, 3.09, 4.07, 5.01

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm Who is Matt kelley? Is he the main guy on Dynasty Nerds, the host who has extra saliva in his mouth all the time?
He's one of the main guys at playerprofiler.com and their podcast is rotounderworld I think

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:29 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm Who is Matt kelley? Is he the main guy on Dynasty Nerds, the host who has extra saliva in his mouth all the time?
:lol: Good stuff, and so true. No that's Rich Dodson.

Kelley might be a bit off sometimes but I agree, he's the most entertaining analyst to listen to hands down.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

norsberry
Rookie
Rookie

Postby norsberry » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:40 am

Sooo... can we get back to Ishmael Zamora?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 am

1 year of production
his blocking effort frequently makes randy moss look like john hannah
off the field issues
will be drafted very late if at all post 150 meaning he will have short leash .... see what I do there ?
late draft flyer or dynasty UDFA ideal for a league with a taxi squad !

now for the positive
awesome talent /great pro day #
Last edited by clarion contrarion on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 pm

New Matt Kelley podcast just came out and he spends the first 10 minutes drooling over this guy again...

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Steelersfan wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:24 pmPOS
Couldn't have put it better myself
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Just watched Zamora again and his hands are awesome, snatches the ball and is good after the catch. Something about his posture and running style reminds me of Martavis Bryant. Let's see where he goes.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:00 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 pm New Matt Kelley podcast just came out and he spends the first 10 minutes drooling over this guy again...
In his defense he does acknowledge that we're talking about a later round upside flier WR with crazy athletic metrics who lacks agility in the mold of a Chris Conley who may or may not hit. It's not like he's suggesting you take him in the first or anything crazy like that.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

timmahawk
Starter
Starter

Postby timmahawk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm intrigued just enough to take a look at him in the 30-40 range of rookie drafts.

As for Matt Kelley, he's entertaining and I appreciate the analysis on guys that might be undervalued. He does a decent enough job at finding those guys that might hit, so yes I listen, so take note, (not that I care about your notes)

gi15
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gi15 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:58 pm I actually find Kelly's shows super entertaining and I enjoy his takes on players and other analysts. I don't listen to any podcast to get definitive answers on any player l, I listen to them for entertainment and to glean small things fome each to make me think.

Who's shows are you listening to that are always right with their takes?
I hated his podcast and stopped listening after 2-3 episodes. But to be fair if you're a one man crew you gotta do something out of the ordinary to stand out. Its not for me. But I can see why people can like it. Its not about the message or results but more how its delivered.
12 Teams Superflex PPR - TE Premium
Québec City Hip Birds 2016-2017 CHAMPION
QB(1-2) - A.Luck - C.Newton - T.Brady - T.Bridgewater - J.Brissett
RB(2-3) - E.Elliot - S.Barkley - M.Gordon - A.Jones
WR(2-4) - M.Evans - O.Beckham- C.Davis - John Brown - C.Kupp - C.Godwin - K.Coutee - T.Smith
TE(1-3) - T.Kelce - C.Herndon- R.Seals-Jones