Buy-Low RBs?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Re: Buy-Low RBs?

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 am

If you're in a full ppr, Bernard might be a dirt cheap option . Not without risk, but he could come at a minimal expense.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 am

Plank wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:58 am I bought Howard ..

I think Gurley is the poster board for Buy-Low, or just being available now where he wasn't before...
Owner in my league would have never sold Gurley last off-season. I jumped on the opportunity last month when he put Gurley on the trading block.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 am

smallxl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 am
My favorite- and no one will like this - is Smallwood. So far no running backs added, great young QB, a bunch of new receivers so the offense should be far better and Sproles isn't getting younger. Of course they draft Dalvin and that goes kablooey!!!...but I did buy!!
I think Smallwood will be a great handcuff this year for whoever the eagles draft. If they wait and draft someone in the 3rd or 4th round, I could see it becoming a RBBC also which wouldn't be fun but still better than what most anticipated for Smallwood.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Ty Montgomery. Without a doubt.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:37 am

Perkins - I'm sure the Giants will sign somebody like Blount or draft a bruiser and he will be mired in a RBBC. But his owners also are leery (me being one of them) so he could come cheap. I do think he looked pretty good the last handful of games.

White/Lewis - While I'm all aboard the Burkhead train I still admit you never know what ol' BB has up the non-sleeve of his hoodie. If you have the stomach and the roster space these guys are affordable gambles.

AP/M.Lynch/DMartin/Charles/Forte/Gore/Mathews/JStew- I'm lumping the old guard together because I'm sure they all come at some form of discount and I could see any of them providing some sort of utility this year, depending on price

Dunbar- as a Cowboys fan I always loved this guy and the effortlessness he displays when catching a screen or swing pass for 8-12 yards. The Rams are looking for playmakers, and there is nobody else behind Gurley at this point.

Alf Morris - sneaky buy-low in that there have been rumblings that Dallas was looking to trade him. There are several teams I could see his value increasing if he is traded or released/signed including OAK, DET, GB, NYG, etc. Pretty much anywhere other than being stuck behind Zeke and McFadden.

campy86
Role Player
Role Player

Postby campy86 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

smallxl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 am I bought Hyde even before Shanahan.

I love Powell but don't thonk he is a Buy Low.

Others for me would be Jalen Richard, Dion Lewis (while everyone focuses on Burkhead), Kenyon Drake, Riddick, Giovanni Bernard, Vereen (costs nothing) and Rawls (purely based on his drop)

My favorite- and no one will like this - is Smallwood. So far no running backs added, great young QB, a bunch of new receivers so the offense should be far better and Sproles isn't getting younger. Of course they draft Dalvin and that goes kablooey!!!...but I did buy!!
I agree with Smallwood.. crossing my fingers as well for them not drafting a major RB.
Dynasty Team 1 7th Year- 12 Team, 18 Man Roster, PPR, QB,1 RB, 1WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE
QB - J. Winston
RB - Stewart, M. Jones, C. Thompson, R. Kelley, T. Hightower
WR - D. Hopkins, M. Evans, A. Cooper, A. Boldin, K. Wright, P. Garcon, M. Wallace
TE - G. Barnidge, J. Tamme, V. Davis, J. James
2017: No Picks
2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Dynasty Team 2 - 12 Team, 18 Man Roster, PPR, QB, 1 RB, 1WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE
QB: Winston
RB: Gio, AP, J.Hill, Smallwood, Sproles, C. Thompson
WR: AJG, D. Bryant, AB, T. Austin, J. Maclin, P. Garcon, A. Boldin
TE: Kelce, J. James
2017: 1.02, 3.02
2018: 2nd, 3rd

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm

There's literally not one single RB I'd buy low on. This is a deep RB draft, and most of these buy low RBs are easily replaceable.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:12 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm There's literally not one single RB I'd buy low on. This is a deep RB draft, and most of these buy low RBs are easily replaceable.
Sure, they all could get replaced, but that is why they are cheap. If you get them cheap enough, then it is worth taking the risk and hoping they don't get replaced. Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Mixon, are only going to 4 total teams.

My list:
Hyde (thanks to the "SF giving up on him" report)
Blount (He is gonna be someone's goalline back, and can be had for a 3rd in most places)
Crowell
Dion Lewis
Jerrick McKinnon
Doug Martin (if his price tag matches his ADP of RB45, I will take the chance that he ends up somewhere on a prove-it deal).
Duke Johnson (saw him go for 3.01 in 1 PPR league)
Last edited by ColdZealDonkeyStrike on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:36 am

martin if tampa voids his guaranteed $ as he runs harder towards the bank than away from it .
blount before(assuming) the resigning with pats.
after that I think I would rather grab one after the draft when things clear up a bit .
I have picked up crowell and duke in a couple leagues for decent prices betting on the flop that cleveland doesn't draft a back highly and the assumption they improved the Oline .
I also rebuffed a smallwood offer hoping for a bigger role in philly but that seems like a long shot frankly.
Also would want some of sf or pittsburgh back ups just due to the way shanny jr. and haley can get # for their backs problem being no one knows for sure who those players are yet.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:40 am

Prosise, Abdullah, and Coleman for me.

Abdullah looks amazing when on the field. Would love to grab him up and take the risk on him.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 am

Duke Johnson is a nice buy low. He's one of the only backs out of his class with 3 down ability and he's already got every week RB2 upside in PPR. One injury to Crowell and he'll have a shot at 3 down duties.

Another good one is Charles Sims in PPR. With the uncertainty going on with DMart and the rest of the RB corps there, he's already solidified himself as the primary passing down back. His injury tends to make people forget that he was a weekly RB2 just last year.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 am

IBall2 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 am
Plank wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:58 am I bought Howard ..

I think Gurley is the poster board for Buy-Low, or just being available now where he wasn't before...
Owner in my league would have never sold Gurley last off-season. I jumped on the opportunity last month when he put Gurley on the trading block.
What did you buy Gurley for? He wants my Arob and I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Cordarrelle Patterson

There is a chance. Just saying..
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 am

TurtleBK wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 pm Cordarrelle Patterson

There is a chance. Just saying..
A chance that he converts to RB like Ty Montgomery did last year?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 am

I've read some speculation on it, have seen OAK mention wanting to get him touches, and think if he shows well for them he could end up in a full time RB role like Ty Montgomery as they are looking for an RB right now (and this is the speculation I've seen), or a big-slot do-it-all role like Tavon Austin or Percy Harvin. At least, since he's cheap and hasn't done anything in a few years, I think it's worth the cheap investment.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater