Time to sell Ivory/Yeldon?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BennyAndDaJets
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Time to sell Ivory/Yeldon?

Postby BennyAndDaJets » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Fournette can't catch it locks Yeldon into pass catching role that should have some value. Id hold unless i can get a 2nd.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:51 am

BennyAndDaJets wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm Fournette can't catch it locks Yeldon into pass catching role that should have some value. Id hold unless i can get a 2nd.
This is what I was thinking. Yeldon has sneaky PPR value. 50 receptions last year and I could see that growing this year. If the coaching staff converts him to strictly a 3rd down back and he gets in more practice as a receiving back during training camp to perfect his routes and blocking, he could be nice RB2/flex value in PPR leagues and you can basically get him for free.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am

I was able to get 2.5 and Higbee for Yeldon/2018 2...I was pretty happy with that return. I don't trust him so I was looking to unload.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Weeman wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 pm As talented as Fournette is, the Jags have to analyze the depth of RB in this class. I can see them moving back for picks if the Browns or other teams show interest. Yeldon has been less effective than Ivory, so Ivory based on his contract & being slightly more productive is the rb to own. The time to sell is now/or passed, i had to drop him to make room for picks. I couldn't imagine many owners showing interest tbh. Jags can in the 2nd/3rd rd find a better or shiny new option.... I could see Foreman, Mack or even j.Williams taking over that backfield. No way the new front office & last years staff don't view rb deprh as an area of weakness.
I think Ivory is a pretty good indication that the problem there is the line, not the RBs. Ivory has been at least decent every year of his career other than the year he played for the Jags. Seems an unlikely coincidence that he suddenly got crappy the same year he went to Jacksonville.

I don't think some 3rd round RB is going to be the type of guy to overcome that line, so they're probably better off focusing on the line rather than the guys running into the back of it.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm
I think Ivory is a pretty good indication that the problem there is the line, not the RBs. Ivory has been at least decent every year of his career other than the year he played for the Jags. Seems an unlikely coincidence that he suddenly got crappy the same year he went to Jacksonville.

I don't think some 3rd round RB is going to be the type of guy to overcome that line, so they're probably better off focusing on the line rather than the guys running into the back of it.
The problem with this is they don't want to pick an OLineman at #4 because none of them in this draft are that good and there is better value at other positions at the #4 pick. If they can't trade down from the #4 spot they will be forced to pick BPA and not take an OLineman that is ranked in the #15-#25 range.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:07 pm
Vcize wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm

The problem with this is they don't want to pick an OLineman at #4 because none of them in this draft are that good and there is better value at other positions at the #4 pick. If they can't trade down from the #4 spot they will be forced to pick BPA and not take an OLineman that is ranked in the #15-#25 range.
I don't disagree with this, especially with them having picked up Albert in the offseason. That said, would the smart pick not be a defensive end to replace Alualu?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm

BennyAndDaJets wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:08 pm Fournette can't catch it locks Yeldon into pass catching role that should have some value. Id hold unless i can get a 2nd.
Maybe in PPR leagues, but it won't be consistent. In standard leagues he'd be worthless.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 am

I think the time to sell has passed you by. Best chance now is sell after if they start strong
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 pm I don't see the point in selling at this point since you're not likely to get anything in return. Maybe a lottery ticket pick but that's basically what someone like Yeldon is anyway, so may as well hold. I'd roll the dice that they don't take Fournette and he gets another opportunity. Guys have had a lot worse starts than Yeldon has and bounced back. If nothing else he may develop into a solid passing down back.
X2

I will hold tight to my Yeldon shares, and if Jax doesn't spring for a RB in day 1 or 2 (which they shouldn't), I will be quite happy.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 pm I don't see the point in selling at this point since you're not likely to get anything in return. Maybe a lottery ticket pick but that's basically what someone like Yeldon is anyway, so may as well hold. I'd roll the dice that they don't take Fournette and he gets another opportunity. Guys have had a lot worse starts than Yeldon has and bounced back. If nothing else he may develop into a solid passing down back.
X2

I will hold tight to my Yeldon shares, and if Jax doesn't spring for a RB in day 1 or 2 (which they shouldn't), I will be quite happy.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:49 am

The title of this thread just makes me laugh everytime I see it.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 am

don't buy into this , fournette is a terrific athlete and he may not be in mccaffery's caliber as a receiver ( few are) but go read what all the "experts" said about melvin gordon's rec ability coming out . Gordon has caught 74 balls in in his 27 games thus far . Yeldon I would want as a handcuff/bench depth , ivory I have little interest in at this time . If I drafted fournette , I would want yeldon for sure but wouldn't pay a helluva lot perhaps a late 2nd . I don't think ivory has any more guaranteed $ left on his deal and if not he could be purged if fournette is drafted yielding yeldon as the handcuff and corey grant as a dirt cheap end of the bench type .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:30 am

Yeah but because he didn't do it in college so he can't catch...everybody knows that. :wall: LSU was noted for there prolific passing offense recently right?

Fournette is maybe the best pass protecting RB in the draft which is actually more important for being on the field on 3rd down in the NFL
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:39 am

I don't buy Jax spending that pick on RB. That hilarious run blocking oline is what need lots of early round help. Nevermind Coughlin's presence alone ensures an emphasis on defensive players in the draft. If they pile on at any position, it'll be on D.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:52 am

^^This is very possible and the jags could be floating the interest in fournette rumors to drive some trade interest in this defense rich draft. If they could tease the panthers into moving up to 4 if indeed the panthers like lenny then they can trade back to 8th and still get one of those safeties plus whatever additional booty they fetch for the trade dwon
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci