ESPNs Gridiron Challenge

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

ESPNs Gridiron Challenge

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:05 pm

I actually got into fantasy football through ESPN's Gridiron Challenge. For those who haven't played, you get a set $ amount to select any players you want on a weekly basis. In fact, it's a lot like the DFS like DraftKings and the other one, except its free. Had a ton of fun playing this for two years, with my brother. Then graduated to a proper redraft league on ESPN before jumping into the deep end.

A part of me misses the Gridiron Challenge format... Really simple but lot of fun.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: ESPNs Gridiron Challenge

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:22 pm

My buddies and I used to have a good time using ESPN for their NASCAR version of that game.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am

Just want to bump this, and see if anyone is aware of any kind of game that's similar to ESPN's Gridiron Challenge. It was discontinued a few years ago due to a patent lawsuit...

Basically, Gridiron Challenge gave every manager a set fund of cash to construct a roster of their choosing (kinda similar to DFS), but it was played over the course of the entire season and player salaries would adjust based upon their performances. So if a player busted out (on a cheap contract), his salary would start to escalate as the weeks went by.

Great user interface, simple to play, ton of fun.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat May 26, 2018 10:28 am

The first year, sometime around 2011, my brother and I had our own private league, just the two of us. We were just screwing around with it, but got really competitive. Was my first exposure to fantasy sports.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 am

Yahoo had a Salary Cap game that seems similar to what you've described - it has been discontinued as well.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..