Kelce 2.0

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Kelce 2.0

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:15 am

Everyone is looking for the next Gronk. Pretty soon if not already people are looking for the next Kelce. This rookie class of TEs plus the emergence of Hunter Henry has us all excited about the new guard at TE that hopefully turns the tide in the unpredictability of the TE market in general.

After Gronk and Kelce we are looking at injury riddled phenoms in Reed and Eifert, old stallworths in Olsen Walker, Jimmy G, etc., young dynamo Henry, and a who's who of yearly hype including Ertz, Ebron, Rudolph, Fleener etc.

After that it's a jumble of youth and vets including Martellus, Hooper, Brate, Doyle, Ladarius, Vance etc.

And of course the rookies. No need to talk about em as we all know how heralded this class already is. I'm just as excited for them as the rest of you.

So what is my point? I titled this Kelce 2.0 because Kelce has given us that glimmer of hope that the TE position is alive and well outside of Gronk and the vets that are sure to fade soon (one of my favorite players of all time Jason Witten, will never fade until he hangs em up). But I digress. Onto the next Kelce-like ascendance. I want to call my shot here with a guy who I think will emerge this year as a clear top 10 TE with upside for more, that can be had for peanuts at the moment. His name....

Tyler Higbee. I am buying every share I can get. Call it a hunch, cause that's basically what it is, but I think he leads the Rams in receiving this year and his stock skyrockets.

He escapes the clutches of Jeff Fisher to bask in the glory of a TE heavy scheme under McVay, with a young QB who has doesn't have many weapons besides the elite RB to soak up 8 man fronts. His competition for targets at this point are Woods, Tavon, Pharoh, and Dunbar?!

He fell in the draft due to character concerns but has the athletic profile to hang with the big dogs. Coachspeak has been heavy in favor of him with the new regime. And all in all the dude just looks like a badass. Google image Tyler Higbee and tell me he doesn't have the look of a hardass, eat your lunch for dinner NFL TE.

These are but a few of the reasons he is my mancrush of the moment. I recently paid the 3.02 for him (TE premium) and also acquired him as an add-on in a big trade, and am looking to get more shares.

Buy him right now, before training camp hype drives the price up a bit. Your TE destiny awaits.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Kelce 2.0

Postby GridironGuerilla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:44 am

I like that take. I'm really wishing I owned a share but I don't. Might have to dangle a 3rd out there and see if I can't get a deal done.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:54 am

Already have him in a few leagues. Picked him up before last season and have just held tight as I believe in the hunch as well. The dude looks like he could and earning the nickname Baby Gronk also gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling about him.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:24 am

You had me with "Your TE destiny awaits" Lol :thumbup:

My strategy right now is get a bunch of young TEs and hopefully one of them work out once Olsen slows down. Higbee is my favorite out if the bunch and I agree with you that he has flashes from WKU where he looked Kelce'esque.

Hopefully his new coach will back up his words and try to utilize Higbee how he has said he wants to in interviews since he was hired a few months ago.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 am

TE premium myself so I'm always checking out TEs. Eric Swoope is a guy to buy if you get the chance.

Highbee for 3.02 is a total steal. Even in standard scoring that's a solid dynasty deal.

ELSOUZA
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ELSOUZA » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Love this post... great read

turfhero
Rookie
Rookie

Postby turfhero » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:15 am

I own Ertz and Higbee in all my dynasty leagues. I honestly believe they're poor boy Kelce's with upside. I have been a big Higbee believer since draft day. He's set to blow up, don't forget LAR new head coach was the OC for Washington. If he can develop Higbee like Jordan Reed, i'll bleep my pants!

turfhero
Rookie
Rookie

Postby turfhero » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 am

Might I also add to the falling in the draft, he was also coming off a torn acl but that's less concerning as his legal troubles. I remember reading his arrest narrative and it stated that Higbee attempted to hide from authorities behind a tree but he oversized the tree. I couldn't stop laughing.

Something like this http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/ ... 006795.jpg

lol

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:27 am

^^^Hahaha^^^ He now has the best 'off-field issues' I've heard. Failure to let a tree block your legal standing equals TE gold in my book

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:36 am

It is too bad there isnt any video evidence of the assault Higbee took part in (I dont use the word alleged because he admitted to hitting the victim). I am also not sure how being an idiot and running from the cops after committing an assault lessens his character concerns rather than increases them. I suppose the good news is that Higbee went in the 4th days after being arrested, so other players with lesser character concerns can have hope in this draft.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Other than the note that Higbee's off the field transgression is drastically worse than what Kelce did (it's not officially confirmed, but Kelce's suspension at Cincy was probably over drug use), sure, I can see the pure player comparison between Kelce and Higbee.

Still don't want Higbee, though. The alleged details of his criminal assault are very cringy; racist, and cowardly. I think there's every possibility he can be a pro bowl level NFL player, but for now I'd rather let someone else in my league be obligated to cheer for this guy on Sundays.

Plus, of course, if he gets convicted on his charges then he'll face even more severe league discipline, on top of what he's already at risk of facing. I feel like some people are forgetting that stuff isn't even in the rear-view yet. My google-fu has failed me in trying to find the trial date, but so far as I can tell the trial will be this year sometime.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm Other than the note that Higbee's off the field transgression is drastically worse than what Kelce did (it's not officially confirmed, but Kelce's suspension at Cincy was probably over drug use), sure, I can see the pure player comparison between Kelce and Higbee.

Still don't want Higbee, though. The alleged details of his criminal assault are very cringy; racist, and cowardly. I think there's every possibility he can be a pro bowl level NFL player, but for now I'd rather let someone else in my league be obligated to cheer for this guy on Sundays.

Plus, of course, if he gets convicted on his charges then he'll face even more severe league discipline, on top of what he's already at risk of facing. I feel like some people are forgetting that stuff isn't even in the rear-view yet. My google-fu has failed me in trying to find the trial date, but so far as I can tell the trial will be this year sometime.
He pleaded not guilty last may and had more court appearances in June, I thought it was over. Did it really drag out over a year for this?

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm Other than the note that Higbee's off the field transgression is drastically worse than what Kelce did (it's not officially confirmed, but Kelce's suspension at Cincy was probably over drug use), sure, I can see the pure player comparison between Kelce and Higbee.

He pleaded not guilty last may and had more court appearances in June, I thought it was over. Did it really drag out over a year for this?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am

I was pretty high on him during the rookie draft (well, high as in I actually drafted him), and I thought he looked like he had potential in the preseason. But I watched some rams games now and then during the season I think you have to say he was bad. There was a legit reason why Lance Kendricks was outsnapping and outplaying him and it wasn't just because Higbee was a rookie. Higbee had a lot of easy drops for sure (looking it up now, 4 drops on 29 targets). So a 14% drop rate and only a 38% catch rate. Kind of reminded me of ASJ... this big athletic guy that just looks slower on the field than you'd think. Idk. Sure he can develop into a good player, I'm just not betting on it anymore.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:42 pm

kasermap wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am He pleaded not guilty last may and had more court appearances in June, I thought it was over. Did it really drag out over a year for this?
Our justice system is very good at delaying justice.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE