Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: If Joe Mixon goes in the top 2 rounds to a good team situation, is he your 1.01?

Postby _yeti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 am

In America, we have laws. Laws against killing, laws against stealing. And it is just accepted that as a member of American society, you will live by these laws. In West Canaan, Texas, there is another society which has it's own laws. Football is a way of life.
I will never condone what Mixon did, nor will I condone Ray Lewis being involved in a MURDER in an all-white outfit that was never found.

The NFL does not care at all about people. They care about money. They don't care about concussions and have turned their back on thousands of severely damaged former players, only conceding when the law forces them to. They then put on a PR show for us and we debate the implications. As many have said, this PR show is all about the video. Just bc there is video Mixon should not be treated more harshly than others. He has faced the law and the nation for this already. We have laws and courts of law for criminal offenses. Let him earn a living and play ball. If not, treat every player who commits a crime like this. For the record, my money is on him going in round two. When push comes to shove someone will want his talent and not pass for PR.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: If Joe Mixon goes in the top 2 rounds to a good team situation, is he your 1.01?

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am

I know the original point of this thread was to discuss where you'd take Mixon IF he was drafted in the 1st or 2nd but that's looking less and less likely.

Reports now that he beat a female student while in high school. Regardless about how you feel about him being young when this occurred or your tolerance/forgiveness level if NFL teams believe this is true (it looks true) then it establishes a history of violent behavior. That kind of puts to bed the arguments that Mixon simply made one bad mistake.
Maybe a better topic would be how high would he need to be drafted for you to consider spending a first on him. If he goes in the 3rd-4th would you spend the 1.05? If he goes in rounds 5-7 do you still spend a 1st? If he goes undrafted where should we draft him?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:43 pm
TurtleBK wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:35 pm he can run and catch when he's not doing crap like this.
He did it once.. No one is perfect, he just happened to get filmed and is really good at football. I'm not excusing him of his actions, but he was 18, and it was one time, and he has been a good little boy ever since (minis being mad about a parking ticket but who likes those?) And he has been very remorseful, and this isn't like he is a woman beater, this wasn't a domestic violence issue, he didn't abuse his partner on a regular basis, he was provoked and hit her. Plus he has been punish by being red shirted and I bet that is why he wasn't the lead dog in OU because once the fldraft came around and people started doing their research on him the video came out. I bet if Joe mixon was the lead dog in OU the video would have come out much much earlier. And let's be real, mixon is better than perine, no questions about it.
If as a man you can bring yourself to hit a woman once I am pretty confident in saying it isn't, hasn't or won't be the only time. That type of social interaction is not an accident or a one time poor judgement call. It goes much deeper than that and if you don't believe that there probably isn't any changing it for you.

It is only a matter of time before he is suspended by the NFL for domestic abuse or other similar reprehensible act towards a woman. But hey if he is talented and you can excuse it go for it by all means draft him and have fun while it lasts
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am I know the original point of this thread was to discuss where you'd take Mixon IF he was drafted in the 1st or 2nd but that's looking less and less likely.

Reports now that he beat a female student while in high school. Regardless about how you feel about him being young when this occurred or your tolerance/forgiveness level if NFL teams believe this is true (it looks true) then it establishes a history of violent behavior. That kind of puts to bed the arguments that Mixon simply made one bad mistake.
Maybe a better topic would be how high would he need to be drafted for you to consider spending a first on him. If he goes in the 3rd-4th would you spend the 1.05? If he goes in rounds 5-7 do you still spend a 1st? If he goes undrafted where should we draft him?
I think if the high school incident can be substantiated, if there are credible witnesses, etc...it would be a complete game changer. One time can be a terrible impulsive mistake, more than once, very different. I am not drafting him, way too much risk.

Astonishment
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Astonishment » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am

dm1129 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am
jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:47 am I know the original point of this thread was to discuss where you'd take Mixon IF he was drafted in the 1st or 2nd but that's looking less and less likely.

I think if the high school incident can be substantiated, if there are credible witnesses, etc...it would be a complete game changer. One time can be a terrible impulsive mistake, more than once, very different. I am not drafting him, way too much risk.
This - and I think it will get substantiated or debunked by his draft position. If he goes in the top 2 rounds, at least one team will have said they don't buy into the latest rumor and are confident enough to put strong draft capitol behind their decision. If he goes round 3, the questions are real... any later and he goes to the toxic side for me.
12 Team, 21 players, 4 man TS, 21 keepers, .5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD, .04 return yards, 4 round rookie draft
Start 10: 1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE / 1 K / 1 Def

QB- Wilson, Dalton, Bradford
RB- Howard, Henry, Kamara, Abdullah, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooper, Green, Robinson(IR), Diggs, Cobb, Sheppard, Treadwell, Goodwin, Grant
TE - Eifert, Ertz

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 am

dm1129 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am

Gotta agree with this. Dammit Joe, I was looking forward to drafting you.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

This new allegation gives me great pause, we will have to see how the draft goes to understand if mixon is likely guilty of it or not, unless he is proven innocent or guilty before the draft. Very disappointing. But the timing and unofficialness of this allegation, and if it did happen why did OU take mixon on? Just doesn't feel right, but as I said, we will have to wait and see
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:15 am

Hard to say with the latest news/allegations. Funny time for it to come out, though that does not necessarily mean it is true or untrue. I think we have seen plenty of this with society, and things like Zeke getting accused and later the truth came out, always makes me pause. Its not a good look for him, since he has a previous incident on video tape. I will still take a chance on him mid-first, depending on draft spot/situation. I can see why he is too high risk for some, but unless this latest incident is strongly proven, I cannot change the perception I had yesterday. Maybe it is apples and oranges, but I have seen plenty of times these high school incidents get vastly blown out of proportion or completely lied about. In one week we will see how the NFL (or at least one team) feels about him.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 am

maxhyde wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am If as a man you can bring yourself to hit a woman once I am pretty confident in saying it isn't, hasn't or won't be the only time. That type of social interaction is not an accident or a one time poor judgement call. It goes much deeper than that and if you don't believe that there probably isn't any changing it for you.

It is only a matter of time before he is suspended by the NFL for domestic abuse or other similar reprehensible act towards a woman. But hey if he is talented and you can excuse it go for it by all means draft him and have fun while it lasts
Incidentally, this is actually the exact opposite of how the American legal system works. There are rules in place to prevent past conduct from being used to infer guilt in present conduct or predict future conduct. Sure, your criminal history will be considered and accounted for at sentencing, but by the way people are talking Mixon should have just hung up the cleats after the incident and killed himself because he should no longer be allowed to earn a living in something visible or lucrative. For the conduct police, what would make you happy? If he was flipping burgers at McDonald's? Would that be adequate punishment? Because that is totally un-American but apparently what we want out of football players.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am

For the record the latest rotoblurb states that the father of the alleged high school victim is now recanting his allegations. Story is probably completely fake.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

It's a good thing the people who might give a guy like this millions of dollars are not bound by the same restrictions / legal system and have no obligation to even hire him.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am For the record the latest rotoblurb states that the father of the alleged high school victim is now recanting his allegations. Story is probably completely fake.
Fake or he was paid off.

Anyone's guess but we will never know.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 am

I gotta agree with this ^^^^^ With some people's logic, we would literally have to lock up around half the millennial women out there due to their potential to relapse in their anger or capability to increase their effectiveness of assaulting (ie; grabbing a knife). This is going to be one fun draft. I still think he goes in the first few rounds, unless this really gains steam or credibility.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am For the record the latest rotoblurb states that the father of the alleged high school victim is now recanting his allegations. Story is probably completely fake.
Holy god damn... Stupid s*** like this ruins it for women that actually get harmed... There should be major consequences for people that do this, regardless of if the allegations are against some Joe shmoe or against Tom Brady
Last edited by nathanq42 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am

I think he goes 1.2-1.6 everywhere but in very few leagues do I expect anyone to actually pull the trigger on him at 1.1 despite what the poll says. People are doing the typical tear-down of Fournette but once the actual draft goes down and the rubber hits the road, Fournette will be 1 almost everywhere. Off-season ppr madness is just in full swing right now. Fournette will take back over