GEDL Rookie Draft 2017

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Re: GEDL Rookie Draft 2017

Postby dlf_jaronf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:13 am

Ok guys, it's understandable that it's a slow time until the draft, but the conversation has gone way off topic. Let's keep it civil and related to the thread.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:13 am Ok guys, it's understandable that it's a slow time until the draft, but the conversation has gone way off topic. Let's keep it civil and related to the thread.
You realize we already did that, right? Your post is also 2 days removed from the last one.

I'm still waiting for trade updates and what-not. If we're going to do something to hype up this draft, I think posting trades or maybe even trade offers leading up to the draft would be a good idea.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 am

There are references to this in other threads, which I'm cleaning up. No need for that here. Just move on.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:51 am

References to the trades? Why wouldn't they just post that here? It would make more sense to keep it all in 1 place.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:53 am

MEuRaH wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 am
I'm still waiting for trade updates and what-not. If we're going to do something to hype up this draft, I think posting trades or maybe even trade offers leading up to the draft would be a good idea.
There's nothing to hype up, the link is there for when the draft starts and we'll discuss here at that time. Some pre-draft trades have been posted here as people had spent a while positioning themselves, things are pretty quiet now as everyone's kinda where they want to be until we see who starts falling in the draft. I'm sure there will be lots of action during the actual draft.

mase12fan
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mase12fan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:59 pm

I like this idea of having a league with rookie draft right before the NFL draft. Think I may have to try to start up a league next season

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Yeah I can't figure out why people get bent out of shape on threads they don't want to follow or have interest in.
I am interested so I keep checking in on it but there are plenty of threads I don't have interest in and easily ignore.

I will have to check back this weekend in the stupor the NHL playoffs will have me in...
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 am

MEuRaH wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 am Q: I see vets previously being drafted in this rookie draft, yet I see no announcement anywhere saying that vets can be drafted. Can this be clarified?
taken from my original post:

"You guys can follow along and comment if you wish. We just ask that you not discuss players until after they have been drafted. This is a 98 player draft and we go way off the MFL board drafting players who aren't even in MFL's database yet. We do allow veterans to be drafted but our waiver wire is pretty baron so we don't see many of those."

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:59 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:53 am
MEuRaH wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 am
There's nothing to hype up, the link is there for when the draft starts and we'll discuss here at that time. Some pre-draft trades have been posted here as people had spent a while positioning themselves, things are pretty quiet now as everyone's kinda where they want to be until we see who starts falling in the draft. I'm sure there will be lots of action during the actual draft.
Why would an owner post everything publicly he's trying to accomplish behind the scenes and put himself at a disadvantage? We aren't trying to hype up our draft that isn't the intention. I was asked to post a link years ago and it proved to be popular. Then the next year to my surprise it was brought up again and we posted a link again.

I HATE mock drafts in dynasty Football. There's no accountability in the picks. Many of them end up being hot take fests. This thread is for people who want to see a real draft play out where the players actually go to an owner who paid an entry fee to win a small pot. Sure Its fun for us knowing that there are some people interested in what were doing but We know its mainly about seeing where rookies go and not which team wins the GEDL draft lol. My goal with this thread is to champion the format of early rookie drafts which I've fallen in love with over the last five years because of how exciting it makes the NFL draft and even the 2 months of scouting leading up to it. This isn't a thread about "Hey look at us" its a thread about dynasty rookies in April. I don't spend much if any time talking up my league other than to give a brief history for context. This thread is all about exposing owners to the excitement of early drafts. It's also fun to see where these rookies go from April 15-22 compared to mid May. I've been commissioning dynasty leagues for close to twenty years. I don't have any trouble filling open spots. I'm not starting anymore leagues. I have nothing to gain other than the fun of discussing picks as they happen with other people who don't have any skin in the game. If I wanted attention I'd stick to twitter where i have a decent following because of the graphics I do. I encourage others to start their own leagues using this format and make their own threads. I'd love to see what other leagues do.
As i said earlier if anyone ever has any questions about how to best set up a league like this I'd be happy to help.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am

^^^^ Dropped the mic. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now let's get onto this draft, looking forward to it.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:19 am

pokerface40 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am ^^^^ Dropped the mic. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now let's get onto this draft, looking forward to it.
You and me both my friend! After the top 6 (in some order) i have no idea what to expect.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 am

MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:59 am
MEuRaH wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 amI'm still waiting for trade updates and what-not. If we're going to do something to hype up this draft, I think posting trades or maybe even trade offers leading up to the draft would be a good idea.
Why would an owner post everything publicly he's trying to accomplish behind the scenes and put himself at a disadvantage?
No, not that. Just a "I own 1.09 but am willing to trade to move up" or something. I know those types of conversations happen within a chat sometimes, so I thought it would be cool to bring that stuff to the thread instead.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 am

MEuRaH wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 am
MARKinMI wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:59 am
MEuRaH wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 amI'm still waiting for trade updates and what-not. If we're going to do something to hype up this draft, I think posting trades or maybe even trade offers leading up to the draft would be a good idea.
Why would an owner post everything publicly he's trying to accomplish behind the scenes and put himself at a disadvantage?
No, not that. Just a "I own 1.09 but am willing to trade to move up" or something. I know those types of conversations happen within a chat sometimes, so I thought it would be cool to bring that stuff to the thread instead.
I believe I posted exactly that somewhere in this thread about 1.08. I get confused about what I've posted here and what ive posted in chat on the league page. But as a team who's extremely Fluid at pick 1.08 and have checked in on literally every pick ahead of me I can say that a lot of teams are locked in at this point. I'm sure things will change a little once things get rolling but after a very busy off season i think teams are in a holding pattern now. After 1.08 is over with I'll share some of the things I tried to move up/ down out etc. They've been pretty substantial offers.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 am

A certain veteran might shake things up in this draft this weekend.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 am

How do you find live or just passed rookie drafts on MFL?