BEAST MODE RETURNS?!?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: BEAST MODE RETURNS?!?!

Postby onetwothree » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:24 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:54 pm
Lol. Have you never witnessed a man that was high? He smokes for sure.
I just took him for an eclectic dude. Some people are just wired differently.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 am

M-Dub wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:15 pm In the unlikely scenario that this actually comes to pass, where would you realistically slot him in a rookie/FA draft? I don't think I could bring myself to spend a 1st on him, unless I was a serious contender, but I don't see him making it to the 3rd round. I have the 2.01, but even that feels like a reach.
Even if he did return, I wouldn't draft him until around the late 2nd to early 3rd. An older power RB with a heavy career workload, hasn't played in a year, dealt with nagging injuries before retirement, and no guarantee about his workload. Just because he's on the field it doesn't mean that he'd be the same 270-300 carry RB we remember him as. Sure there's some short-term upside if you can pick him up for free or draft him super late in a startup, but I'm not ready to start giving anything of value for him.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 am

He is only 800 plus yards away from 10K. I don't think he comes back but just in case he should be owned. I also agree it's a shot to Peterson that they want beast mode over him so maybe he will reconsider his salary. Either way I own him now and hope he comes back, if not then he was free.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

ChuckCecil26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ChuckCecil26 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:47 am

Dynastychamp111 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 am He is only 800 plus yards away from 10K. I don't think he comes back but just in case he should be owned. I also agree it's a shot to Peterson that they want beast mode over him so maybe he will reconsider his salary. Either way I own him now and hope he comes back, if not then he was free.
That's a great point. A lot of IFS, but if he reaches 10K and the Raiders make it to a SB, Lynch's chances of getting into the HOF would improve dramatically. Hell, if they'd given him the ball at the 1 in that SB, he'd already have a better case than Terrell Freaking Davis.

A 1000K season would put him 22nd all-time. That's where HOF territory begins (with apologies to poor Fred Taylor and Corey Dillon).
Risk-averse players want guarantees. The gamblers understand that there are no guarantees.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Visiting the Raiders today. Write him off if you want but if he signs he's an instant RB2 with RB1 upside behind that line.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm Visiting the Raiders today. Write him off if you want but if he signs he's an instant RB2 with RB1 upside behind that line.
You really can't write him off now. All the reports about him wanting to return have essentially been proven true. Now the only questions remain are his compensation and what Seattle will accept to release him. Honestly I don't see Seattle having much bargaining power because they'll owe him north of 8M if he unretires so if Lynch will accept whatever the raiders offer to pay him he'll be playing in Oakland
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:04 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 pm
pokerface40 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm Visiting the Raiders today. Write him off if you want but if he signs he's an instant RB2 with RB1 upside behind that line.
You really can't write him off now. All the reports about him wanting to return have essentially been proven true. Now the only questions remain are his compensation and what Seattle will accept to release him. Honestly I don't see Seattle having much bargaining power because they'll owe him north of 8M if he unretires so if Lynch will accept whatever the raiders offer to pay him he'll be playing in Oakland
Read through the thread, people are writing him off as washed up, even if he does return. I believe that is a mistake.

dynastyfootball11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dynastyfootball11 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:16 pm

@RapSheet "Retired RB Marshawn Lynch did, in fact, tell #Raiders he intends to un-retire and play again, I'm told. It's a long process, tho #BeastMode."

Let's Go!!!!!!
14 team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Rodgers Watson
RB: Kamara Allgeier Elliott Hunt T.Williams
WR: Lamb Allen Deebo Cooper McLaurin Mi.Thomas Addison Meyers
TE: Pitts LaPorta J.Johnson

16 Team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Hurts Watson
RB: B.Robinson White J.Cook Elliott Knight
WR: Allen Diggs AJB Cooper Ridley S.Moore Dortch
TE: Kelce LaPorta Ferguson

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:04 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 pm
Read through the thread, people are writing him off as washed up, even if he does return. I believe that is a mistake.
Oh I know, I've been following the thread and was agreeing with you.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:21 pm

I'd rather take my chances with Lynch than someone like AP or Charles. He could be gold to a RB needy team that's ready to compete.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm

I do not agree Lynch would be an 'instant RB2' if he signs. He looked done in '15, and hasn't played any football or presumably even trained in a year.

Would he play with the first-team offense? Yes. Would he dominate touches enough to reach RB2 reliability in fantasy? Unless he gets lucky with TD production the way Murray did last year, no. Richard and Washington would remain in the rotation, you can count on that. We'd have a three-man committee.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 pm

It's beginning to look less like a possibility and more like a matter of time.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

thebigreddude
Rookie
Rookie

Postby thebigreddude » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm

It's like my '15 roster has died and is trying to resurrect itself.
Level Up! (12 Team Dynasty PPR IDP)
QB: Cousins, Roethlisberger, Kizer, Brissett
RB: Montgomery, Stewart, Abdullah, M Mack, A Ellington, R Kelley, C West, Dayes, Yeldon, D Henderson
WR: Evans, Bryant, D Jackson, M Bryant, R Lewis, Zay Jones, M Wallace, J Ross, M Mitchell
TE: OJ Howard, J Leggett
LB: Kerrigan, D Johnson, Wright, TJ Watt, Chickilo, Dansby
DB: Bethea, Mathieu, B ranch, Nelson
DL: Suh, Rankins, Mack, Ngakoue
IR: S Ware, Edelman, Dede Westbrook

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

I'd fight JJ watt to see beast mode back
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:42 pm

I see Oakland implementing a RBBC mentality to keep everybody fresh in the backfield the entire season.