BEAST MODE RETURNS?!?!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: BEAST MODE RETURNS?!?!

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Fire up the grill and find me a crow. Time for me to Feast Mode a Corvid.

Didn't think it would happen, but here we are. Now I guess the question becomes what is a realistic expectation from him production wise?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Who knows. I am fine with 800-1000 with 8-11TDs over 16. That might be high if they take a younger RB like Perine in the 3rd but given what we know now I am fine with those #'s.
No need to eat crow either. Counting on guys unretiring is a bad dynasty strategy but Lynch is...well, Lynch...a bit of an exception/odd duck
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Could be $16.5m across 2 years if he hits incentives (one of them being 1000 yards).
That's a big chunk of change.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Am I reading that correctly? 2 years, $9m base, and up to $16.5m? APs 2 year deal is max $8.25m and didn't cost a pick.
Not a good sign for the likes of AP and Blount. That is a lot of extra capital just to ge the hometown celebrity.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 pm ...That is a lot of extra capital just to ge the hometown celebrity.
Well, their team is moving soon. The home town fans are abandoning ship. For the long term financial health of the franchise (business side), it is best to leave on a positive stretch, giving the fans reason to not abandon them yet. Give them lynch to keep many pissed off fans engaged/curious. By the time lynch is gone, many of those fans will hopefully be over the heartbreak of their team leaving, and will remain fans.
Put simply, signing the hometown hero now may allow them to retain a higher market share of fans in Oakland when they leave.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

The hometown narrative is kind of dead in the water when you see the guaranteed money in this deal, not too mention the incentives. OAK is built to win now and they must believe Lynch will help them do that. Oak obviously believes in him and will open the season with him as their lead back with one or both of their younger backs spelling on 3rd down and the occasional series. Now let's see if he can use that O-line better than Murray
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:27 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm The hometown narrative is kind of dead in the water when you see the guaranteed money in this deal, not too mention the incentives. OAK is built to win now and they must believe Lynch will help them do that. Oak obviously believes in him and will open the season with him as their lead back with one or both of their younger backs spelling on 3rd down and the occasional series. Now let's see if he can use that O-line better than Murray
Agree with you. If Marshawn was able to walk away from that money the first time, I doubt he would've come back to be "used" as a publicity stunt. Would seem that he wants to play and the Raiders think he can play.