Annoying Log In

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Annoying Log In

Postby Jacob » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 pm

I had the same problems as everyone else. I didn't clear anything. Somehow, a week or so ago, it has repaired itself and everything is working fine. Go figure.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Bruiser, thanks for the message. We are continuing to work on it. I know it sounds like a broken record. Just know I haven't given up on it.

Thanks

KM

Bruiser wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 am Dlf_jaron, I appreciate your attention to this matter. I can attest to the frustration expressed above. I am only able to login and post from my phone if I switch browsers. This is a better alternative than not being able to login for weeks.

I really hope you find the problem.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Jacob, thanks for sharing. I am glad to hear it is working again for you. I wish I could say why - as mentioned, it works fine for some accounts, not well for others. I am so far unable to identify the pertinent differentiating factors.

KM
Jacob wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 pm I had the same problems as everyone else. I didn't clear anything. Somehow, a week or so ago, it has repaired itself and everything is working fine. Go figure.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 am

Everything is now working great for me. It is now remembering each of my networks without having to re-login. This just started within the last couple of days.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks for the update Skip, really glad to hear that.
skip wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 am Everything is now working great for me. It is now remembering each of my networks without having to re-login. This just started within the last couple of days.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm

skip wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 am Everything is now working great for me. It is now remembering each of my networks without having to re-login. This just started within the last couple of days.
Same. I might have had to log in once the past few days.

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Can't log in using firefox via my laptop. Chrome works fine though.
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Mine started working great a few days ago as well. I've been waiting for a streak of getting booted again but it's been good for a few days now.

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:35 am

First time to forum in couple days on laptop using Mozilla and still has me logged in. Things seem to gotten much better on my end.

THANK YOU KEN & DLF TEAM.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:47 am

Whether by coincidence or not, I followed the steps below yesterday morning. Everything is working great for me on the forum now, as well (not the homepage, though). Thank you!!
dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 am OK, if you are still experiencing issues, please try the following. I do not know if it will help, but it is one more possible fix for this behavior. It certainly would explain why this is working fine for some but not for others even across multiple browsers or platforms, as it is tied to your specific forum user account.
  • While logged into your account, click on the drop-down arrow next to your user name in the upper right part of the forum.
  • Click on the Profile link.
  • Click on Edit Profile.
  • On the left side, click on the menu option: Manage "Remember Me" Login Keys.
  • Scroll down if necessary and click on the Mark All link.
  • Click the Delete Marked button.
  • Log out of the forum.
  • If you have not done so recently, I would clear your browser cache (again) ensuring cookies are selected to be cleared.
  • Log back into the forum.
Please give this a try and let me know if you see any improvement.

Thanks

KM
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

I think I've found a bug in the site and I don't know where put this post so I'll just leave it here and assume someone important sees it.

I've found that if I click on a link to go into either a forum tab or a post withing a forum, while it takes 2-3 seconds to load the page, if I begin scrolling excessively during this loading period, I will no long be able to scroll using the mouse wheel when the new page loads. The only way to scroll now is with the side bar on the right side of the screen or the up/down arrows on the keyboard or the page up/down on the keyboard.

I can reproduce this error very easily and the only way to fix it is by closing out of the window and reopening a new tab. If I click the refresh button on the web browser, it does not fix the issue.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows PC.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:01 pm

No one important seems to have responded yet, so I guess I'll chime in instead.

Yeah, that is pretty weird. I'v never seen that before, but you are right, it is pretty easily reproducible. I'll look into that a bit. But I guess I'd follow my mothers advice about 'every time I turn my arm in this funny direction it hurts'. You know... so don't turn your arm in that funny direction.

:wink:

Seriously though... I will put it on the list.

Thanks

KM
IBall2 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am I think I've found a bug in the site and I don't know where put this post so I'll just leave it here and assume someone important sees it.

I've found that if I click on a link to go into either a forum tab or a post withing a forum, while it takes 2-3 seconds to load the page, if I begin scrolling excessively during this loading period, I will no long be able to scroll using the mouse wheel when the new page loads. The only way to scroll now is with the side bar on the right side of the screen or the up/down arrows on the keyboard or the page up/down on the keyboard.

I can reproduce this error very easily and the only way to fix it is by closing out of the window and reopening a new tab. If I click the refresh button on the web browser, it does not fix the issue.

I'm using Chrome on a Windows PC.

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm

slacker wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm Can't log in using firefox via my laptop. Chrome works fine though.
I'm working on Firefox again. Thanks DLF!
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 am

After many months of working on the issue, I believe the user login / session issue on the main website is also resolved.

Please try logging in to the main DLF website > close your browser > re-open to the site. If you are still showing as logged in, then it's fixed.

I've tested this on a dozen different device/browser combinations and it does seem to be working, but more testing is always better.

Thanks!

KM

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 am After many months of working on the issue, I believe the user login / session issue on the main website is also resolved.

Please try logging in to the main DLF website > close your browser > re-open to the site. If you are still showing as logged in, then it's fixed.

I've tested this on a dozen different device/browser combinations and it does seem to be working, but more testing is always better.

Thanks!

KM

Thanks Ken, all working good...
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.