Jonny Manziel poised for ComeBack?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Jonny Manziel poised for ComeBack?

Postby freddog97 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:14 am

I read an article about Manziel attempting a comeback. Apparently he has hired an agent and could have some interest from teams...does anyone believe he could actually be on a NFL roster for 2017? I have always liked Jonny and feel like he was never given a true shot at succeeding in the NFL. Possible teams that come to mind are 49ers, Chiefs, texans, Chicago and possibly rams?
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jonny Manziel poised for ComeBack?

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 am

I'd probably say I'm in the minority believing that Manziel has received an overly harsh lense since entering the league. Yeah, he parties and hasn't really shown that he prioritizes football. But he's still young. I don't expect a 23 yo to act like an adult. I think IF he commits he could definitely be a starting QB in the league. Once again, IF he commits and is given the chance. His play improved from year one to year two. I can't believe he'd be any worse of a starting QB then a guy like Glennon.

Is he worth a stash? Only in deep leagues I'd imagine, probably even there, he's not worth a stash atm as his maturity is a major issue. By the time he gets it together no one will want him.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Herbert, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Pierce, D. Singletary
WR: D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 am

Any comeback he has will take place in the CFL.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am

Wasn't given a true shot? How do you figure that? The Browns were praying he would take that job and instead he partied his way out of the league, embarrassing them along the way. Manziel has to build up his reputation before he gets any shot to lead a franchise. Even taking him onto a roster, and having that circus, is a leap of faith. I agree that CFL is his best avenue, to both show he can enter a football environment again and last a season, and then a team may decide to bring him in and see what's going on. Given how extreme his case has been thus far, I am very much pessimistic that anyone will give him such an opportunity until they see more than him just speaking a few words and signing an agent after the realization that he blew all of his rookie contract money...

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:59 am

skip wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:22 am Any comeback he has will take place in the CFL.
I am Canadian, and pay attention to the CFL pretty good. I honestly agree with this. Jonny could do very well in our league.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 am I don't expect a 23 yo to act like an adult.
Really when is old enough....he's a punk...that is wasting a lot of talent......but as an owner of a team no way I pay this guys $1......
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:26 pm

There is a reason auto insurance drops after your 25th birthday. It is average age of better decision making for males. The insurance industry bases their rates on risk awareness.

J.Manziel was an average partying college kid and displayed a behavior that makes sense when taken into context. He was royalty wherever he went. Was Johnny Football for goodness sake. Unfortunately, his shot has passed him up ( I fully expect to see some sad sports special about his story in about 15-20 years), and I agree, his only chance to play this game again will likely be in the CFL. For his sake, I hope it works out.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:49 pm

I think a 23 year old is considered an adult, so yeah, I'd expect him to act like an adult. Regardless of his partying, there are plenty of players who have done worse and still kept their jobs. He's just not good, which is why he's out of the league, not because he likes to party.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:27 pm

I'm not sure we can definitively say he's 'not good', as we never truly saw him 100% engaged from a mental perspective when he was in the league. I'm not a believer and don't believe he is good enough to be any sort of difference-maker, but he could be good enough to hold an NFL career. Unfortunately the lack of trust, Tebow'esque attention he brings will/should hold him back even if he is 100% checked back in. Saying he is sober and interested isn't enough anymore. He didn't just walk across the bridge, he literally blew it up, which makes it more difficult than your standard case to get back across.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 pm

freddog97 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:14 amJonny Manziel poised for ComeBack?
I needed a good laugh
Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 amI don't expect a 23 yo to act like an adult.
You don't expect an adult to act like an adult?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:20 pm

If he finds his way back to the NFL it will have to be via the Warren Moon/Doug Flutie route. Keep himself out of trouble and win a few Grey Cups and then maybe an NFL team will come calling. There's plenty of mediocre QB's out there without the baggage Manziel carries, so he'll need to show he's matured and dedicated himself to football before any front office gives him consideration.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Would need a perfect storm of coach and talent around him and even then it'll be tough. I'd add him to my watch list though.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm

NY Jets reporter Rich Cimini reports that Manziel's agent is speaking with...

Ha

Ha

Ha

I don't think any NFL team is that desperate...even our annual cellar dwellers looking for a franchise QB. If Manziel has any shot, it will be the long road to recovery via the CFL and maybe an NFL team will eventually take a look.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:05 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/c ... -1.4466412

Johnny Football is cleared to play in the CFL - now can he follow in the footsteps of Flutie/Moon??
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:17 pm

First he needs to actually sign with a team..
The Ticats were far from committing to signing him.