Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jonny Manziel poised for ComeBack?

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:23 pm

If you are in a CFL dynasty league im sure he is worth a flyer
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm

I think the QBs Hamilton started this season are better pros than Manziel - and the Ti-Cats were not good. I doubt he makes it out of camp - that's if he's even signed.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Being from Canada manziel is made for the CFL . Bigger field and mobile qbs excel.

I think he can start and be successful
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm

I would be very shocked if Manziel ever signs another NFL contract. A 'comeback' in the CFL is plausible, but the NFL?

This isn't like what happened with Vick. Vick was always professional, and he didn't get into Manziel-esque trouble off the field. The Philadelphia Eagles knew Vick would come to work on time, attend every meeting, train hard, and not party and get into petty off-the-field incidents. Teams do not have that same faith in Johnny Manziel, and rightly so. And even aside from all that, there's the point that Vick was a four-time Pro Bowler and superstar before his fall from grace. Manziel doesn't have that rep to fall back on to help buy him a second chance; he's just another Ryan Leaf.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:46 pm

One of the CFL teams still owned his rights. Maybe they will take a chance or trade his rights to a team looking to take a chance.

I think if Manziel has any shot at getting back into the NFL, he will need to go the CFL/Arena League route first.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:40 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm I would be very shocked if Manziel ever signs another NFL contract. A 'comeback' in the CFL is plausible, but the NFL?

This isn't like what happened with Vick. Vick was always professional, and he didn't get into Manziel-esque trouble off the field. The Philadelphia Eagles knew Vick would come to work on time, attend every meeting, train hard, and not party and get into petty off-the-field incidents. Teams do not have that same faith in Johnny Manziel, and rightly so. And even aside from all that, there's the point that Vick was a four-time Pro Bowler and superstar before his fall from grace. Manziel doesn't have that rep to fall back on to help buy him a second chance; he's just another Ryan Leaf.
You’re right. This isn’t at all like what happened with Vick. Manziel preferred to party rather than work, a trait that is not uncommon to dumbass kids in their early 20s who come into a lot of money all at once. Vick hanged, drowned and electrocuted dozens of innocent dogs. The fact that he was allowed to pick up right where he left off while Colin Kaepernick has been effectively black-balled from the league for nonviolently protesting police violence is probably one of the most disgusting hypocrisies the NFL has ever committed.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:45 am

M-Dub wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:40 pm

You’re right. This isn’t at all like what happened with Vick. Manziel preferred to party rather than work, a trait that is not uncommon to dumbass kids in their early 20s who come into a lot of money all at once. Vick hanged, drowned and electrocuted dozens of innocent dogs. The fact that he was allowed to pick up right where he left off while Colin Kaepernick has been effectively black-balled from the league for nonviolently protesting police violence is probably one of the most disgusting hypocrisies the NFL has ever committed.
To use the term ‘black-balled’ implies there was collusion between the owners/GMs to purposefully and uniformly not hire Colin Kaepernick. No one aside from Kaep himself believes this to be true. NFL teams were each simply acting in their own respective best interests by not signing a player who would bring questionable levels of contribution and high levels of fan backlash. The fault belongs to Kaepernick alone, because he decided that his crusade for social justice was/is more important than establishing himself as a commodity in the league. Though, I tend to think he knew he wasn’t good enough to be a starting QB anymore, and that is why started down this path.
The standard is the standard.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:24 am

Defender wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:45 am

To use the term ‘black-balled’ implies there was collusion between the owners/GMs to purposefully and uniformly not hire Colin Kaepernick. No one aside from Kaep himself believes this to be true. NFL teams were each simply acting in their own respective best interests by not signing a player who would bring questionable levels of contribution and high levels of fan backlash. The fault belongs to Kaepernick alone, because he decided that his crusade for social justice was/is more important than establishing himself as a commodity in the league. Though, I tend to think he knew he wasn’t good enough to be a starting QB anymore, and that is why started down this path.
Actually, I used the term “effectively black-balled,” which is a subtle but important distinction. Do I think all 32 NFL owners held a clandestine meeting where they colluded to keep Kaep unemployed? No. But in a season that has seen more starting QBs go down than any other in recent memory, you don’t think it’s just a little suspicious that nobody has even brought him in for a try-out?

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:16 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:24 am
Defender wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:45 am

Actually, I used the term “effectively black-balled,” which is a subtle but important distinction. Do I think all 32 NFL owners held a clandestine meeting where they colluded to keep Kaep unemployed? No. But in a season that has seen more starting QBs go down than any other in recent memory, you don’t think it’s just a little suspicious that nobody has even brought him in for a try-out?
Please define for me what exactly ‘effectively black-balled’ means to you. And be very specific, because it is a subtle but important distinction.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 am

Defender wrote: Please define for me what exactly ‘effectively black-balled’ means to you. And be very specific, because it is a subtle but important distinction.
I’m pretty sure we agree on the definition of “black-balled.” The definition of “effectively,” per Google, is “actually but not officially or explicitly.” That is how I was using the term. Kaepernick’s black-balling is more of a tacit** agreement among most NFL owners rather than a direct and obvious conspiracy. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if at least a couple owners discussed it outright.

**(understood or implied without being stated)

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:05 am

Dookmariot wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 pm I think the QBs Hamilton started this season are better pros than Manziel - and the Ti-Cats were not good. I doubt he makes it out of camp - that's if he's even signed.
Just for reference, you college fans will probably know the names of these guys: Zack Collaros & Jeremiah Masoli. Everett Golson is also on their team. Personally, if Manziel is truly committed, I think he'll blow these guys away.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:06 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 am
Defender wrote: Please define for me what exactly ‘effectively black-balled’ means to you. And be very specific, because it is a subtle but important distinction.
I’m pretty sure we agree on the definition of “black-balled.” The definition of “effectively,” per Google, is “actually but not officially or explicitly.” That is how I was using the term. Kaepernick’s black-balling is more of a tacit** agreement among most NFL owners rather than a direct and obvious conspiracy. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if at least a couple owners discussed it outright.

**(understood or implied without being stated)
There is a possibility that the decision to black-ball Kaepernick was understood or implied across all teams without being stated. The way I see it, the only way Kaep could have been officially or explicitly black-balled would be for the Commissioner to come out and say he is banned. Since that has not happened, by your own definition (or Google’s), the word ‘effectively’ is being misused here by you.

But I doubt either of us will be able to convince the other to see things differently, so this will be my last post on this thread.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:51 am

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:51 pm I would be very shocked if Manziel ever signs another NFL contract. A 'comeback' in the CFL is plausible, but the NFL?

Don’t know why that other guy took such a hard line stance on your choice of language (which was used correctly if that matters). Felt I needed to lend credence to your statement though. You’re right, the league’s (and the fan base’s) acceptance of Vick and other violent criminals is unfair when compared to their intolerance of a peaceful protestor in Kaep.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:31 pm

M-Dub wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:40 pm You’re right. This isn’t at all like what happened with Vick. Manziel preferred to party rather than work, a trait that is not uncommon to dumbass kids in their early 20s who come into a lot of money all at once. Vick hanged, drowned and electrocuted dozens of innocent dogs. The fact that he was allowed to pick up right where he left off while Colin Kaepernick has been effectively black-balled from the league for nonviolently protesting police violence is probably one of the most disgusting hypocrisies the NFL has ever committed.
Yes, the dogfighting operation Vick bankrolled was pure sociopathic evil.

So spare me the tangential moralizing, please; you're preaching at a fatigued choir there. I agree regarding Kaepernick, too.

My point regarding Vick and Manziel is independent of moral decency. As we know, NFL front-offices aren't motivated by such. They're happy to employ sadists so long as it doesn't compromise them professionally. Once Vick had served his time, he was back to being an employable win-now asset that could be trusted to do his job. Can't say that for Manziel, which is why he's done.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:26 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/h ... -1.4476900

Its official - contract offer for Johnny Manziel
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..