Glennon to Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Glennon to Bears

Postby moishetreats » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:45 pm

freddog97 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 pm would you guys buy Glennon in a SF? I'm thinking of offering 2018 2nd(2.07-2.12)+ 2017 3.01.

i feel like he could be worth a 1st+ once we see him play.
I wouldn't sell for that in an SF league.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Welllllll, that was fun while it lasted....
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Ugh. I tried to get value for Glennon. Maybe someone will still give me a 3rd round pick for the 1 year of production...
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 pm

I'll buy him. I don't think Trubisky is that good, is certainly anything but proven even at the college level in a pretty mediocre ACC. He has trouble with complex blitzes in the ACC, and played in a spread, starting for one year only. The NFL is going to eat him alive if he tries to make starts this year.

Glennon has decent tools, a decent on field IQ, and CHI has some underrated assets and a strong power running game. If they can fix the defense somewhat Glennon might surprise them with competent games, wins, and a few 4th quarter comebacks led by a reasonably good NFL QB. This is not Brock Osweiler we're talking about, in my opinion. Glennon is not terrible. 1.02 is a lot of draft capital, so I'm sure the Trubisky experiment is coming, but for a 3rd rounder in a SFlex I'll take a share of Glennon all day.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Kramer wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 pm Ugh. I tried to get value for Glennon. Maybe someone will still give me a 3rd round pick for the 1 year of production...
Chicago gave up a lot of draft capital to move up one spot to grab Trubisky. He will be starting at some point in 2017.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 pm

skip wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 pm
Kramer wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 pm Ugh. I tried to get value for Glennon. Maybe someone will still give me a 3rd round pick for the 1 year of production...
Chicago gave up a lot of draft capital to move up one spot to grab Trubisky. He will be starting at some point in 2017.
Yeah, most likely, if not from day 1. First the Bucs drafted Winston and now the Bears with Trubisky, poor Glennon. I just hope that Glennon is the starter week 1. Then I can sell for something. Anything. Better than dropping him for nothing which is what I'm leaning towards now with all the draft picks I have.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm

How is Trubisky going to go from 1 year starting experience in a spread offense in the ACC and struggling with complex blitzes, to QB for the Bears in that division in a pro style offense and expect to look good enough to start over a decent veteran week 1? Sorry guys he is not as talented as NFL Draft 1.02 might suggest. This is the weakest QB class we've had since before the Luck/RG3 class. These guys were drafted out of pure necessity, not out of talent. I'd be surprised if more than 2 of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, and Kizer were starters by the end of this year, and one of those will be Watson. I think we're going to have more than one Paxton Lynch in this class.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 pm

TurtleBK wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm How is Trubisky going to go from 1 year starting experience in a spread offense in the ACC and struggling with complex blitzes, to QB for the Bears in that division in a pro style offense and expect to look good enough to start over a decent veteran week 1? Sorry guys he is not as talented as NFL Draft 1.02 might suggest. This is the weakest QB class we've had since before the Luck/RG3 class. These guys were drafted out of pure necessity, not out of talent. I'd be surprised if more than 2 of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, and Kizer were starters by the end of this year, and one of those will be Watson. I think we're going to have more than one Paxton Lynch in this class.
This narrative is old and overused. All of these guys are talented. With the right coaching, hard work, and some luck, a couple of these guys can become long term NFL starters. There are very few Andrew Luck's that are ready to go day 1 in the NFL. And as history has shown, the fail rate for QB's in the NFL is very high.

And why are you writing off Lynch? He's barely had a chance to show his talent. Smh

Glennon and Savage's 2QB/SF value got destroyed tonight. You'll be lucky to get anything for them now.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 am

You can still hope for Glennon to pull a Drew Brees. I wouldn't count on it, but if you have faith in his talent, this shouldn't change much. I would think Fox is on the hot seat, so it's a little strange they would use their pick on a guy that will need significant coaching before being a capable starter. Maybe Fox is more confident in his job security than I would expect.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 am

Poor Glennon indeed. Unless Trubisky catches on quickly, I don't see there being any way he starts week 1. Personally, from the interviews I watched with him at a white board, I'm not positive he'll even take over this year.

I was never a big fan of Trubisky, nothing has changed for me.

Glennon probably falls into the category of "starting quarterback for a limited time" value. Probably worth more on your roster in a Superflex than you'll get in trade, unless you're stacked at QB. In QB1 leagues he only has value in deeper leagues.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 am

dipANDglide wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 pm
TurtleBK wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm How is Trubisky going to go from 1 year starting experience in a spread offense in the ACC and struggling with complex blitzes, to QB for the Bears in that division in a pro style offense and expect to look good enough to start over a decent veteran week 1? Sorry guys he is not as talented as NFL Draft 1.02 might suggest. This is the weakest QB class we've had since before the Luck/RG3 class. These guys were drafted out of pure necessity, not out of talent. I'd be surprised if more than 2 of Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, and Kizer were starters by the end of this year, and one of those will be Watson. I think we're going to have more than one Paxton Lynch in this class.
This narrative is old and overused. All of these guys are talented. With the right coaching, hard work, and some luck, a couple of these guys can become long term NFL starters. There are very few Andrew Luck's that are ready to go day 1 in the NFL. And as history has shown, the fail rate for QB's in the NFL is very high.

And why are you writing off Lynch? He's barely had a chance to show his talent. Smh

Glennon and Savage's 2QB/SF value got destroyed tonight. You'll be lucky to get anything for them now.
I scooped savage last year for zilch in a couple 16 team 1 qb any starter has some value but now savage is a cut outright . also have glennon in a league and likely will find a way to keep him at least hoping to trade him to the trubustky owner or as an early season injury or bye replacement .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci