Glennon to Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Glennon to Bears

Postby whodunnit » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 am

Reports that it's likely happening and all but done. Thoughts?
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Glennon to Bears

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am

Yuk. Wondering what the length of contract and terms of deal are.

The Viking fan in me isn't worried about this signing what so ever. Bears are firmly in the NFC north cellar.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:58 am

Really the only positive I can think of is that he inherits a solid running game but that doesn't mean teams won't continue to stack the box against Howard and make Glennon prove he has more than a noodle arm.

Definitely worth rostering in 2QB/SF, obviously :clap: but I wouldn't be holding my breath on him very long.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am

I'm not sure why Chicago wouldn't just re-sign Hoyer. Definitely a downgrade for them. This may help Houston save some face with the blunder they made last season in Osweiler as attention is shifted to this year's free agency mistakes.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

I picked up Glennon from FA end of last season as a speculative add. What kind of value would he hold in a 16 man league? Its tough for me to figure values on guys like Glennon. They don't seem worth a 2nd but for a 3rd in a 16 man league, seems like a person should just hold.

How is everyone else valuing him?
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 am

1QB? Hardly any, would appear you hold onto him unless some other team is completely desparate/ravaged by injuries.

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:15 am

As long as Alshon moves to some other team, I think it is a fantastic idea. Go Packers!
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:34 am

I actually think the landing spot is good, at least it means be won't be relegated to backup duty behind Winston.

Back when Glennon was a rookie and the TB starter (2012?) I think he actually looked pretty good. I'm happy to see him get a chance to showcase his skills as the starter once again to see if he has what it takes to hold onto the gig for a few years.

I love having him as my QB4 since my/OP's league will be transitioning to Superflex in 2018.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am I picked up Glennon from FA end of last season as a speculative add. What kind of value would he hold in a 16 man league? Its tough for me to figure values on guys like Glennon. They don't seem worth a 2nd but for a 3rd in a 16 man league, seems like a person should just hold.

How is everyone else valuing him?
In the superflex I'm in, I'd be hard to give up a 2nd, but thats a 12 team league. I guess it depends on how badly you need a QB.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:38 am

Glennon is a mediocre-at-best QB who has not started in two years and is now being overpaid and landing in an awful situation.

Bad move by the Bears and just an ugly fantasy prospect.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:44 am

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised by the criticism. I agree he isn't the greatest qb in the league but with what's available he's definitely up there imo. I thought he looked good enough a couple years ago for playing on a terrible team. If the bears can retain Jeffrey, I like this signing a lot more.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:44 am

As a Bears fan I'm severely underwhelmed by this news. I do understand the need for Chicago and Cutler to part ways--but having said that I think Cutler was a better QB than Glennon. It may not be all bad--I do expect Jeffrey to re-sign with the Bears--and truthfully if Glennon is signed this has to be almost a given--. You can't bring in someone like Glennon with only Kevin Who? and Meredith as his primary targets?

But I do think this gives us an insight into the drafting philosophy of the Bears--I would be shocked if the Bears didn't draft a QB in the first or second round.

As for value--I think he has good value in a 2QB league--

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:44 am

While I can see why Bears fans may not be enthusiastic, I think there is some room for development with Glennon. While not a game-changer and almost certainly not to become one, he wasn't horrible as a young signal caller without experience. He now has had some time to develop his game and if nothing else, will be a cheaper and better signing than Osweiler ever was. He has the opportunity to be an average starter in the league, and that's worth something at least. We also don't know the structure of the contract. It is a fair shot to jump start the rebuild, while still providing the opportunity to do what you want behind him if you want to develop someone rather than continue to suck and invest high draft capital in hopes you get something.

As for the opportunity, he is very much like his surrounding cast, with both White and Meredith unproven, and TE an unknown in terms of the future of it. It could surprise, though does lack in experience and therefore could obviously collapse on itself. If nothing else, there is room to grow together with some pieces that have shown well or have some draft pedigree.

In terms of value, i don't think this moves him up at all other than the fact that he's now a starter, which many would have anticipated for a while anyway. I see no reason to do a 2nd in any 1QB league, though 16 teamers may be worth the latter portion. I would have to think long and hard about doing that though, and likely just opt to see what is still there in the draft this year come the pick. In Superflex I sold him two weeks ago in anticipation of this, getting 2.04 and a late 2018 2nd in return. Not sure if that is the going rate anywhere else, as some apparently are hesitant to even move a second based on the above, but i think generally speaking it would be near impossible to get a starter with roughly two years of secured opportunity for less than a 2nd. QB's can be hard to come by.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:48 am

Ps, as a Jordan Howard owner I am a lot happier about Glennon handing the ball to him than I would be some rookie or Matt Barkley again...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:25 pm

to me it all depends on the Price...guessing a prove it contract with some team friendly outs...either way the bears suck and this doesn't change that.....so hopefully they give him 18-20 for 5 years....all guaranteed......

should be 8-9 with incentives and a 1 or 2 yr out....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray